Character logs into game in other zone

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Kase, Dec 8, 2023.

1. Kase Augur

1 of my characters is affected by this, when logging into the game my Druid who is a half elf randomly logs into everfrost peaks near the northern most LDoN entrance. Never been bound there and again isn't even a barb. This happens maybe 25% of the time when logging, other times its ok and he logs where he camped last.
  2. Bernel Augur

When he camps, is it in an instanced zone like a mission or guild hall? If so, then the server may put him in a random zone if the instanced zone is not active.
  3. Kase Augur

Usually, the guild hall but my other 3 toons camp as well there and dont have this issue
  4. ezoz New Member

is it your own guild. Like no one else in it? bc then the GH instance is inactive untill u log back in. when u log in it kicks your first char out to everfrost, but then wakes up the GH zone allowing your other toons to log in to it?
    klanderso likes this.
  5. Kase Augur

thanks prolly the reason
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

This has happened for years to many players. Its very random but 99% of the time its when you camp out in either the guild hall or the neighborhood.

For some reason it can't spin up either of those instances so it ports you to one it can which is usually an LDON location.

There is a lot of rumor about why. But don't bother going thru all that cause those ideas get disproved by the fact it also happens in the neighborhood.

The only way to not have it happen is to camp out in lobby or anywhere NOT the guild hall or neighborhood.
    klanderso and Joules_Bianchi like this.
  7. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

The launcher, if opened to more than a first login, only stays open for so long. If a character cannot be placed in an instanced zone due to zone spin up requests vs server capability vs you aren't the only player requesting new instances at that time, to avoid potential connectivity issues, the game autodefaults to zones with LDoN camps, PoK or lobby and sends the character there. It is the lesser of two evils to save vs having to restart EQ due to a disconnected login attempt.

I personally believe that EQ should 100% prioritize characters at character select over any zone requests from players already in world. This would solve this.
  8. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

On a related note- be super careful about loading in on that character who has 122 of 50 parcels waiting. Keeping a buffer or mule in the lobby to pre-enter the GH before you log in mains works also.
  9. Velisaris_MS Augur

Don't log out in instanced zones and you won't have to worry about it.
    klanderso likes this.
  10. Kase Augur

I don't have to worry anyways... Its a druid... just never saw this happen and wanted to bring to dev's attention if it was something needing fixing.
  11. Velisaris_MS Augur

Well, it's not really a bug because it's intentional...when the game freaks out and doesn't know what to do with a character entering the world, it supposed to put the toon at a "safe" spot. That means, for most people, right in front of a LDoN instance (I'm not entirely sure what makes those spots "safe", but that's a different discussion). The game freaks out most often when handling instanced zones. And it's been that way for years.