A Gift of Fish quest in Unkempt Woods

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Dand12345, Dec 6, 2023.

1. Dand12345 New Member

Category: Other [Can Repro]
    Date/Time: Wed Dec 06 13:07:34 2023

Character: Level 122 Bard (Main)
    Zone: Unkempt Woods

Description: A Gift of Fish quest in Unkempt Woods. Attacker is not spawning
  2. SteamFox Augur

You need to have a fishing rod equipped, he spawns near the water adjacent to the aviaks.
  3. Raccoo Augur

Had one member run ahead to fish for the first step, and he got killed. None of the other members could spawn the attacker, so had to start over again, still wouldn't spawn, dropped group and restarted. Still wouldn't spawn. Dropped group relogged, restarted and finally got it to spawn outside of the group, and they joined the group and killed it for credit.

Seems you have to zone/log to reset attacker step.
  4. Caole. Lemming New Member

Happened to my group tonight. I did log and leave group drop task. But I did not delete the chum fish it gave me in the earlier encouter when I did not kill the attaker. Anyway We gave up for tonight and then i found and deleted the chum fish, Will go back tomorrow and retry with the Chum fish deleted. Hopefully the attacker will spawn correctly again.
  5. ddraigoch Journeyman

Tried this last night, relogged, destroyed fish, got new task, but could not get attacker to respawn. Got the fish though. Very bad design.
  6. Moege Augur

Attacker should be locked to person that spawned it. Happened multiple times that a bot group stole the spawned npc.