Skillups / Tradeskill trophy not evolving while on persona

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Damion, Dec 5, 2023.

1. Damion New Member

So, i made a persona to work fletching.

400 combines of non-trivial Mithril guardian arrows. 0 skillups, and 0% gained on Expert trophy.

That seems off. Can you confirm its bugged ?
  2. coltongrundy Augur

Hope its a bug, but I would not at all be surprised if its intended for you to skill up on your main only.

But they did specifically mention alchemy, poison and tinkering in the faq

It technically says you can use them on personas, hopefully you can skill them up too. The whole design seems to be that personas benefiting from your main, not your main benefiting from your personas.
  3. Velisaris_MS Augur

What's your unmodified skill at? I beleive to get any xp on the trophy at that point, your skill has to be 300.
  4. Soulbanshee Augur

Expert is 5/7, would be 250 skill.
  5. Velisaris_MS Augur

Ah, ok...I couldn't remember what level Expert was.
  6. dentalplan lisa needs braces

I wonder if the issue is related to the fact that brand new personas do not have the new tanaan AAs that allow tradeskills to go over 200. When I made a new persona I noticed that all of my tradeskills over 200 were yellowed out in the skills menu as if they weren't supposed to be able to be that high.
  7. dentalplan lisa needs braces

^
    After testing this a little further I'm pretty sure this is the issue. On a brand new persona, I was able to get skillups on normal tradeskills where my skill is below 200. However, on a skill that's already above the 200 softcap, I was not able to get a skillup even with 300+ non trivial combine attempts.

Considering tradeskills are supposed to be shared among personas it would be cool of those AAs just applied to all personas on a character once purchased.
    SteamFox likes this.
  8. SteamFox Augur

100% agree, New Tanaan, Salvage and TS Mastery should all be shared so that tradeskills can be properly shared across personas.
  9. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

Out of curiosity, did the tradeskill function as though you had 200 or did it function as if you were your real skill level?

For example, say you have 225 fletching and a 5% trophy. If it acts like real skill you have a 36% success rate. If it acts like 200 you have a 10% success rate.

If it functions as real skill, while you can't get skill ups beyond 200, it should evolve trophy if you have 285 skill or higher.
  10. dentalplan lisa needs braces

The tradeskill reported my main char's skill level (over 200) and the combine chance chance reflected that correctly. Skill% items also functioned normally. However skilling up further was not possible and all of my tradeskills over 200 were highlighted in yellow in the skills menu.
    Chatoyan and Rasper Helpdesk like this.
  11. Velisaris_MS Augur

I'm wondering if that's the intended functionality...you can USE your tradeskills on all personas, but in order to raise it, you have to be back on your main toon.
  12. SteamFox Augur

Its because the persona is missing the AAs required to go above 200 on a 2nd(3rd/4th/etc) tradeskill so they are capped at 200, if you level up the persona and get the required AA it would work. Whether thats intended or a side effect remains to be seen.