The expansion's release is tomorrow..

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Malore, Dec 4, 2023.

1. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

With personas, one character can indeed have ALL tradeskills and that was not possible without them.
    - Alchemy is Shaman only (Gnomes cannot be shaman)
    - Poison making is Rogue only
    - Tinkering is Gnome only

Aside from the roleplay breaking issue of being different races on the same character (I am a roleplayer), I have seriously considered using personas on my "main" just to be able to have the last 3 tradeskills available to her.

For roleplay of one of my secondary characters, a Vah beastlord, will be able to learn music (even if it requires her switching - RPly changing clothes, etc) like her mother who is a bard. Since Vah can be bards and I use a petamorph for her warder and ornaments on her weapons, other than wearing plate, she can be the same as a beastlord and bard. And, her mama will be so happy she will be learning to sing.
  2. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Holding something back because it's not worthy is exactly what we want though, so....yeah, that.

Meanwhile, Actiblizzard sells the expansion and works on development of it after release to meter content through the expansion in stages like building a housing development in stages, does 3 stock buybacks and tells you on their own forum, with their easily identifiable shills how much winning it is.
  3. Agrippa Augur

In my initial post here, I said that it hadn't been previously possible (on a single account) to even have access to every class on a single server (14 character limit per server (outside of merging)). I can completely understand that it won't be used by everyone, but for any player like myself the selling point here is that we'll be able to do more things with a single character. Yes, we're certain to have limitations, but any single character that I have now can have access to tanking, healing, support, strong DPS, tracking, tinkering, poison crafting, alchemy, you name it. Yeah, in its current state, I'll have to swap over at a safe point, but just the idea of now being able to do all of these things with a single character is where the appeal is. That just wasn't possible before this.
  4. Agrippa Augur

That's where the real draw is for myself. For the first time since FV opened up more than a single character slot, I should be able to commit to a single character. *grins* Playing a single character with multiple personas will come naturally to me.
    Rijacki likes this.
  5. Micker99 Augur

Problem is for most, they already have a bunch of 120 maxed out alts and there isn't much incentive to level a persona of that class and take the ridiculous time to max those redundant personas.

Everything you listed about tracking, healing etc on one guy, would be much more useful with an alt. I

Lets say you have an alt Ranger and need to track something for your main. You log in the ranger in that zone, find the mob, then log in your main, who is in the same zone and go get that mob. If you were to track with a persona, you would have to go to a fast camp zone, switch to your ranger, go back to the zone, track the mob, then go to a fast camp zone, switch to your main, then make it all the way back to that zone and try to find that mob again! Just WAY more work. Same if you wanted to buff your group with an alt shaman vs persona shaman, way more work. Why? So you can feel like you are a bunch of classes, when all it is, is a different and less efficient way of logging in an alt.

If they allowed switching in any zone, it would be far superior, but that limitation ruins it.
  6. Nennius Curmudgeon

Off to the park with two cute kids. Have fun folks. I won't be the first to ding 121 on BB and that's OK. Be safe and enjoy the ride.
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

You can only have 14 chars max on an account. With personas you can have all 16 classes under 1 char.
  8. CdeezNotes Augur

So it allows 2 more classes? Oh joy.

And the expansion provides up to 5? So 15.00 x 11 more slots? $165. Then additional money to heroic them if you dont want to start at 1? Fantastic. I wonder what the ulterior reason to create APs was...
    Micker99 likes this.
  9. Herodotus Augur

Not sure the reason is all that ulterior. The concept of a "for profit" company trying to maximize profits seems pretty obvious.
  10. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Expansion provides up to 7 (3/5/7) with the top version and you would need to buy 12/10/8 more slots in order to max them. In your example you would only need to buy 10 more slots as each character can only create 15 personas.
  11. CdeezNotes Augur

Oh so only $150. What a steal. And only an extra $70 dollars on the expansion bundle to save $30 of AP slots. Fantastic deal. You're really selling these amazing features. What other bargains can you point me to?
  12. Malore New Member

I had a lot of fun today. No major issues, so I got to play with my group all afternoon. Good times.
  13. Malore New Member

This is a cool idea. I like the thought of personas that support my main. I’m going to try it.
  14. Waring_McMarrin Augur

It is cheaper depending on what version of the expansion you buy and there are reasons to buy the more expensive versions for things besides the persona slots.
    Rijacki likes this.
  15. Micker99 Augur

I just saw the extra Persona slot purchase, in the DBG store for $15. I had to laugh and think how many Heroic characters and persona slots they would have sold, if they kept it like it was. $40 for the heroic is more than the expansion! No idea who is in charge, but I would be pretty upset about missing that gravy train, that they could have had. I can't imagine any, but a handful of people, purchasing that stuff now. Saved me time and money and don't really seem to need any help traveling, so thanks for saving me some $ DBG.
  16. Mikana Augur

Already seen the first bug report about losing inventory due to Persona - really wouldn't use it until the expansion is ready for release :(
    Nennius likes this.