Alternate Persona Tip Window - Swapping Personas Requires Fast-Camp / Starting Zone

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tuco, Nov 24, 2023.

1. Micker99 Augur

Just leave it as switchable anywhere. Add some new light to the game, something fun and allow for different strategies. If some exploit shows up, then deal with that at the time. I just see it, as a great way to allow people to do things in game, with less frustration. I hope the change their minds on that. I mean it's really the difference of cool new game changing feature, to who cares.
  2. Ferledon Agnarr Loyalist

Leave the need to be ooc, but fast swap ruins the utility of it
    Micker99 likes this.
  3. yodo Augur

Swapping on test has been restricted since AP were put on test.
    Bernel likes this.
  4. Fideles Journeyman

They had to turn it off so they can sell you the on button later.
  5. Zunnoab Augur

Well at least there's a FAQ now. Hopefully they reconsider but that's that.
  6. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

Does anybody know how much it would cost in db cash to unlock the feature if I don't buy the expansion? Or is it ONLY available if I buy LS
  7. Bernel Augur

In the FAQ they said it would cost 1500 Daybreak Cash for a slot. Buying a slot will add a slot to all characters on the account. But I'm not sure if you can use it if you don't have the expansion. In many of the discussions about personas, people have been mentioning that they were put in to give TLP players a reason to buy the expansion. That seems to imply you have to have the expansion. Otherwise, the TLP players would just buy a slot and not buy the expansion.
  8. Waring_McMarrin Augur

The expansion is required to use the feature

You get 3/5/7 slots depending on which edition of the expansion you pre order and you can have up to 15 total slots. If you want to max them out you will need to purchase more.

If this follows history and you get the expansion at a later date as part of purchasing another expansion it won't come with any slots and you will need to purchase any you want.
    GrandOpener likes this.
  9. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

Ahh. Was hoping I could just use my DB cash for a slot instead of buying an expansion I don't intend to use.
  10. Risiko Augur

For TLP purposes, this is a complete fail. Can you imagine having to run from a starting city to get to Unrest every single time you decide to switch personas?

When I play multiple alts on a TLP server, I tend to leave my alts logged out where I know they can get groups for their level. Having to go to a fast-camp or starting city to switch personas completely ruins that.

This sadly makes using alternate personas worthless over just making alts instead.
    WeCameWeConquered likes this.
  11. Bernel Augur

I personally think that it would be best to just allow anywhere swap, but if they're going to have the fast-camp zone restriction, then give us some option to swap in place even if it's just rarely. For instance, you can swap as much as you like in a fast-camp zone, but you can also swap in a regular zone with a 1-hour lockout. So in your scenario, it would allow the person to go to Unrest, see which classes are needed, and swap to that class and start playing right away. They couldn't instantly bop between classes in Unrest, but they could swap to the needed class once an hour. That would give personas a lot more utility even with the fast-camp restriction. That would also help with pick-up groups. As group members come and go, the players in the group can persona swap once an hour depending on what they need. So if the Enchanter has to leave, the group doesn't have to fall apart. The Druid can swap to his Enchanter persona without having to go back to town. Even if the Druid can't swap right away, he can tell the group that he can swap in X minutes and they'll be more likely to stick around until then.
    Tatanka likes this.
  12. Celithan New Member

I may be in the minority, but this will alleviate some of my alts. I’ll be able to delete them instead of having 8 different characters, and I’m here for it when I’m not afraid my character will be destroyed.