Toon reached 125 within two hours of launch - How?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Elenderil, Dec 6, 2023.

1. Elenderil Lorekeeper

I did a 'who all 125' at 10pm (UK time) last night and there was already one Bard toon at level 125! Assuming they dinged 125 at exactly the two hours in mark that works out as 24 minutes played per level gained. Am I missing a trick here how the **** does someone level that fast?

I'm assuming that they were not a guide and as no one else showed as being L125 they had done it solo.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  2. Healss New Member

collections more then likely
  3. Elenderil Lorekeeper

Ah I should have thought of that
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

It was faster than that. Was in the first hour.
  5. Tappin Augur

May those people enjoy the new expansion rollback that always occurs
  6. Svann2 The Magnificent

Almost certainly they saved their collections from last year. Maybe they figured 125 in a day was more important than having the trophy for 8 months when it was new. If you dont raid the trophy is less valuable.
  7. -----Cinexa----- Elder

Not True
    Kaenneth, klanderso and Cadira like this.
  8. Alnitak Augur

My beastlord collected 10 stored Overseer quests, and clicked on ToL and NoS collectibles mostly from Overseer Dispensers. It turned 123 in under 2 hours being online.
    My goal was to reach 123 for the new warder and I am sure those level 125 characters (I did "/who 125 all" and saw about a dozen listed before I logged for the night, "/who 124 all" were too many to display) did something similar plus maybe did some progression.

And trophy use is limited by how many can be used at once, so it's not accurate to compare trophy vs. no trophy. In reality it's a trophy vs. some lesser older trophy, and as such a trophy can wait for an expansion or two, especially if having to level up quickly brings such big benefit (lvl 123 warer is much better than lvl 118 for beastlords etc.)
    kizant likes this.
  9. FyrasDrinal Journeyman

You level to 120 using overseer, grind xp, etc without doing ANY progression.

You do progression tasks and missions without actually hitting the trigger to get the one time xp bonus.

You save that one time xp bonus for level increase expansions or when there's a double or triple xp bonus and you claim a massive amount of xp from a single hail or turning in a few items.
  10. Velisaris_MS Augur

Yeah, I suspect that's what a lot of people did...grind to max via Overseer/collections, and then when the level cap is raised, go back and do older progression (which would be a lot easier to do with the extra levels) to get those rewards since the xp awarded is percentage based, not just a flat numerical amount.

Of course, if they REALLY wanted to slow down leveling like that and make people do the content, they could tie gaining a level to achievements...like maybe you have to do the progression in the first 2 zones in order to hit 122 and so on. But that would be cruel and I'm sure they'd NEVER consider something like that. :rolleyes:
    Janakin likes this.
  11. Tatanka Joe Schmo

That would be a LOT of collections. Each set gives 2%, and the meta gives another 2%, so that's 10% per zone. There's a bit more to be had from meta-meta collections, but 10% per zone is a good rule of thumb.

With 4 levels needed (actually 4.0001 :) ), that's 40 zones worth of collects, which is almost 6 expacs worth of collects. And I'm not sure the expacs going back that far give a flat 2%, vs. some fixed amount like some of the older expac collections do.

I suspect it's a combo of collects, 10 banked Overseer or other quest rewards, the 5 current Overseer rewards, unfinished missions with big XP rewards, other misc achievements (partisans, etc) and then whatever else you can think of.

I've also heard stories over the years, where a guild will pick a player to boost to the new max level, just for bragging rights. So, almost kill mobs, mem wipe, let the lucky char kill it off. For that matter, a boxer, if good, could do this on their own.
  12. Dreamstalker New Member

Lol ... try 30 Minutes. Collections. Folks stacked collections and boom.
  13. Quentil New Member

it was done by collections, person had been saving them up , the box alt isnt 2 far behind :)
  14. Flatchy Court Jester

My shaman in 124 and never left the gh, Collections and yes A LOT OF THEM

Sad thing is that is kind of a one time trick, once you are caught up.
    code-zero likes this.
  15. Tallie Elder

I saw one fast leveler clicking collectibles from expansions I could barely remember :)
    They clearly had been saving or ignoring then for a long long time!

Hey, more power to them.
    Celephane and Roxas MM like this.
  16. DillyBar Augur

Dunno if this is sad or a joke, wow.
  17. Fenthen aka Rath

I guarantee you the folks hitting 125 didn't do it by killing mobs.

Unsure why you even posted this.
    Nennius likes this.
  18. Tatanka Joe Schmo

My guess is that it was a char that had just been started in the last year or so. It's hard to believe someone had a main at max level years ago, and decided to never do collects at all, just so they could max out quickly 6 or 7 years in the future ;)
    Velisaris_MS likes this.
  19. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Neither.

Those who want to raid, raid.

Those who want to max all tradeskills, max all tradeskills.

Those who want to roleplay, roleplay.

Those who want to level quickly, level quickly.

All those categories happen to have people who are REALLY good at it. You're just noticing those people :)
  20. FranktheBank Augur

We had a guy hit 125 in about 30min. He said 8 entire expacs of collects.
    alanus likes this.