LS XPAC

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by RageSomeMore, Dec 5, 2023.

1. RageSomeMore Journeyman

This LS XPAC is ridiculously easy which makes it stupid. The entire history of EQ was a game that was challenging and difficult. LS is so far from that it is stupid.

Honestly, the Developers and management couldn't understand how to tune this expansion so there was be some vestige of classic EQ difficulty, challenge, and reward ?

EQ management and developers completely ignoring basic game mechanics is stupid.

And, I used the word stupid to be generous, the people running EQ do not understand anything related to its history and what made EQ a great game, which they have managed to, essentially, destroy.
    Fenthen likes this.
  2. FYAD Augur

Nah, EQ was never difficult and challenging. It was only ever a giant time sink. Old EQ was "turn on autoattack, stand behind mob" for a melee or "cast 1 nuke, sit to med" for a caster. Is that the type of challenging content you're hoping to get back to? It just took forever to level up, forever to farm rare drops from rare spawn mobs and the only challenge was to see who could sit at a camp the longest without falling asleep at the keyboard. And raids were generic tank-n-spank fights with only small variations in the type of AOE that the mob used. They were essentially a check of how many people you could get together to fight them. If you have the right amount of people with the right classes and the right gear, you'd win. Let's not kid ourselves into believing that Old EQ required high levels of skill as if we were all 300 APM Starcraft players back then.

That said, the last 5 expansion have all been undertuned. The last time they did an expansion where the mobs scaled higher to really push the players was TBL and people lost their minds complaining about how it was too hard.
  3. Bigstomp Augur

I mostly agree with you, but the issue with TBL was not the mobs, it was locking everything behind plane of smoke. Yes, you could get around it with clickies if friends helped you out to get them but realistically it was a very unfriendly expansion to to more casual players.
    "Yeah, would be happy to have you come join me, but you can't get here and I'm really not up to stopping what I'm doing and going back to do that mission a 17th time right now"
    Mikana likes this.
  4. Flatchy Court Jester

How many people made new accounts on here with their alts so they could come and try to prove a point they were arguing before the expansion released? Its been one day , calm yourself.
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Yep it is easy.

You can blame those who have been complaining that the last expansions have been too hard. That we should have monster missions so everyone can do content. That the expansion should have lower level content for lower level players.
  6. uberkingkong Augur

I know you aint talking about me.
    1. Monster Missions, they dont' have in LS.
    2. Lower level content? Is there anything for 105s here, how about 90s? There is 0% lower level content. This is another 100% end game player expansion.
    They didn't take my advice, very little if any.

NoS expansion, mains and their Boxes in full set of final tier raid gear, hows that not easy? No one complaining about that.

Got raiders wanting casual to be harder, raids to be easier. Already mentioned that, I'm not looking for my quote for that.
    Thats wrong with EQ.
    Raiders come in and say, raids aren't fun if everyone can't do it right.
    Raiders logic in casual content, make them harder so everyone can't do it.
    Hypocrites.

Unlike many of you outta the loop with the vibe of the game so far, goes to show who has a better gut check of the game. Can predict better, got a better feeling whats gonna on.
    What y'all doing? "It's easy", already predicted this. Next. NoS you have people and their boxes in final tier raid gear. Already ahead of many of you been gut checking, read, read, read, listen. Argue put up an argument, don't just circle around.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/31-expansion-suggestion.294219/#post-4262329

I'm ahead of you guys, that post was before LS launched.
    Thats how you can tell the difference between, I feeling of the game vs other people.
    I already knew this, and what you guys all sudden talking about this? Like your behind times. Outta the loop.

I'm already thinking about next,
    25th anniversary.
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/25th-anniversary-idea.294393/
    They have plenty of time to take my advice, I am giving advice 4+ months in advice.
    Meta event Monster Missions.
    No forming group needed. No forming raid needed. No level cap needed.
    Everyone wins if you win, everyone loses if you lose. Everyone can participates and be just as effective in participation as the other people.

It seems like many of you guys just too busy trying to argue with me, that you don't read what I put out.
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/1-thing-i-like-about-30th-expansion.294613/
    I put 1 thing I like about expansion, no comments yet, people can't argue with that. They did 1 good thing, should be done to other expansions honestly.

LS, I'll go kill a swordmaster, I have quest, I get the fighter thing, I do not have quest I aint getting that fighter insignia quest item. How it should be.
    TSS, Stone Hive Bixies, kill a bixie 10+ items drop, for quests I don't even have or already did.
    Accidently picking up an item I have no need for, wasting time later looking at 3rd party sites, what the heck is this, why did I loot it.

25th anniversary, can be tough, but let everyone participate in it.
    Only way you can do that is via monster missions because huge imbalance of the game.

Got people in NoS final tier raid and their boxes in that gear too.
    Also have catchup people still may have remnants of TBM gear or so at 120. They catching up, they ain't been around for a year or so to actually gear up and what not. They have 0/94 heroic AAs too. Catching up.

When I say stuff its benefiting everyone. I prefer more benefits to the people that have not been having content lately. The returners/newplayers.

Past 10 years year after year was catered to 100% end game players. Nothing changed with LS.

25th anniversarry.
    Meta Event Monster Missions. Simple. https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/25th-anniversary-idea.294393/