Laurion Song Picks

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Razorfall, Dec 5, 2023.

1. Razorfall Augur

Are there no picks for Laurion Song zones yet? Doing these quests is kind of a nightmare atm lol
    Fenthen, minimind, Celithan and 4 others like this.
  2. Slasher Augur

apparently not.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  3. strongbus Augur

agreed bout to just go back and kill in a older zone till they get them going
    minimind and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  4. Agrippa Augur

Outside of TLPs, I'm unsure that I've ever seen extra instancing created from clearly overcrowded areas. Are these even work properly on normal servers?
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  5. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

They work on all servers, but they forgot to turn on the load balancing for these new zones.
  6. Cicelee Augur

Maybe because all raids are in this zone that they did not want to enable picks, otherwise there could be a constant threat of mercs being suspended while players do group stuff? If so that is going to be rough early but hopefully better as the year goes
    minimind likes this.
  7. Beimeith Lord of the Game

It's a bug, and they are aware of it.
  8. ForumBoss Augur

On TLP, this was happening during new unlocks on expansions following the pick system being developed. Typically it would get fixed some time after the initial progression rush was done, and picks weren't as necessary in progression zones. I'm guessing it requires a patch to fix due to it taking multiple days or a month+ on TLP unlocks.
  9. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

yea was in starting zone and did a / and reported 100 players did later and said there were too many people in zone. Was waiting for picks never saw any.
  10. Marton Augur

80 - 120 people in zones.

It would be great to have picks.
    Xyza likes this.
  11. uberkingkong Augur

No not really.
    It's basically kill a mob they drop your loot and move on.
    Theres like 12 of them, no one is camping anywhere, they just kill their goblin and move on.

Sometimes they accidently kill extras, and you just go and loot them, even easier to do the quests.

Nah, its nice old school EQ vibes with no picks.
    This is how EQ is.

It's not every pick for your box and no one else.

It's a roleplaying game, enjoy the company of others. Take your turn if there is camping nameds. Join a hunter raid.
  12. FranktheBank Augur

Considering how few kill + loot quests there are, the first part doesnt really mean anything. Most are Kill X. 100 people in a zone designed for ~30-40 is not good. That is bad.
    Fenthen likes this.
  13. Agrippa Augur

I think what was meant here might be to "enjoy the fierce competition for very limited resources." This certainly does bring back some old school memories, but they aren't the fondest ones that I can recall.
  14. Flatchy Court Jester

Let all the fanatics get out there and get their merc and partisan done, it will calm down.
    Rijacki likes this.
  15. Dwimmerlaike Elder

Not having picks is frustrating. "Old School" EQ we had a hella lot more than 7 zones, the zones were far larger, and we didn't have to worry about dealing with 6-12+ bot armies all over the place camping stuff for days. Please bring picks back.
  16. Velisaris_MS Augur

My guildmates and I did the tasks in LI and TF last night with no picks, and the ONLY thing that made Timourous Falls tolerable was the fact that it was a huge zone with enough space for lots of people. The Inn was a nightmare, with multiple groups pulling on top of each other.

I'm pretty sure the lack of picks/low pick threshold was brought up in Beta.
  17. uberkingkong Augur

So cater more to boxes is your approach?

Catering to boxes negative is
    roleplaying
    roleplaying is a con when you cater to boxes.
    When you give everyone their own instance.

Exactly, you can do its doable.
    Wait a bit, smell the roses a bit if thats bad, which I see same. Laurion Inn, its the first zone though.

Remember unrest?
    crushbone?

People gonna migrate away soon. Why do work when people gonna outdo that zone anyways.

Other zones, roleplaying aspect.

Why your 3 box single player competing with another 3 box single player. Box together.

Communicate, roleplay.
    Just because they aint in your guild, just because you don't know them.

Doesn't mean get angry.
    Roleplay
    roleplay.
    MMORPG.
    game is fine, don't need more picks. So people can
    Stupid easy.
    This thread. It's a nightmare.

They in those 50+ people in zones too, stupid easy.
    I don't have an issue with 50+ people in the zone. I'm getting quests done. I enjoy seeing everyone.
    I enjoy roleplaying aspects.

Random person coming by to buff, to say hello. Its good for the game.
    Picks, spreads people out, less roleplaying less MMORPG vibe.

Don't need to make picks for LS. Prefer they work on something other than that and not think about it.
  18. Cicelee Augur

I decided to do pick up the six LI merc tasks. Could only do one due to 100+ in the zone. Not much was up on tracking for sure.

The only zone with all the raid NPC givers? And there is around a dozen named? And you have to kill some mobs for collects? Hopefully they can implement /pick within the next week or two.
  19. Smokezz The Bane Crew

They work perfectly well on the live servers.
  20. Marton Augur

Seeing 130 people in Lake of Ill Omen back then was not fun and seeing 130 people in Laurions Inn is still not fun 20 years later.

Role playing what?

At this point, all I can role play is an annoyed customer.
    alanus, Kaenneth, Vumad and 5 others like this.