How are you going to level your Alternate Persona?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by HicksSelos, Dec 5, 2023.

1. HicksSelos Elder

Taken from the F.A.Q.

"Q: If Alternate Personas share achievements, how will leveling to 115/120 be handled, which draws heavily from achievement experience?
    A: For these levels you will need to kill NPCs and use repeatable quests with experience rewards to gain levels."

Lets assume you have a main thats done most of the hero/merc/partisan Qs to level with, and are now making an AP and you've got it to 110. According to the FAQ we can grind or do repeatable quests

Does anyone have any thoughts on the good repeatable missions we can do to level our APs?
  2. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I don't plan on touching them until at least January.

Levelling wise early levels will go quick make sure to use your clickies which have no level restrictions, for HP, Mana and end

Level 80+ HoT quests from the frog at zone in
    Level 90+ If you haven't finished the RoF tear the quests to level that up in SL
    CoTF HAs
    HA quests from Teek for the bonus of completing his quest
    110+ MAD in GD

Not sure which are the good ones in the later expansions, I didn't pay much attention on the Luclin expansions quests.

If you want just missions it is going to depend on your group or what you can box, most are good from the last few expansions for exp.
  3. Tuco Augur

I plan on rolling a new box team of 5 or 6 alternate personas next year. The question in the OP was mine, and I was hoping the answer was very different!

My plan is to level them from 1, play normally till level 110 or so, and then hope that by then they've come up with a better way than grinding.

I think with a full group from 110 to 125 you get what, 0.075% on average of a level per kill? Depending on mob, group size, char level etc? So that's some ~1333 mobs per level or 20,000 mobs to get those 15 levels? If you kill an average of one mob per 45 seconds that's 250 hours of grinding?

[IMG]

I'll probably do a combination of Overseer, take advantage of XP events, finish off hunter etc. We'll see what happens!
  4. Raymond Lorekeeper

First going to grab a few empty bags on my 120 Bard then wipe out NTOV, Seru, Vex Thal, Tormax, etc. to twink them with no trade gear.
  5. Bannsidhe New Member

think I will look at my 17 chars one of every class and cry then quit
    Annastasya and DillyBar like this.
  6. Svann2 The Magnificent

Overseer, and probably most of the quests and missions from LS. I didnt check kill xp in beta, but its also possible they could reverse past xp decisions and make grinding worth it again.
  7. Velisaris_MS Augur

The more I think about it, the more I wonder...why is it necessary to even level personas? What's the point?

You don't need gear since you share gear.
    You don't need to get any keys. No quests or camping to do.
    You don't need to get any achievements. Any item rewards, like mounts, you'll share.
    You don't need to do any progression. You don't get the benefit of xp rewards.
    You don't need to do any hunter achievements because you've already got the bags.

So, I'm at a loss to understand what the point is of forcing people to level a persona from the start...other than just forcing a useless and needless timesink on players. Just make them the same level as your "main" toon. When one levels up, they all level up...like the way a merc automatically levels up when you do.

There's literally no reason to bother with leveling them since there's nothing to be gained from doing so because you've already done everything. I think that's one of the primary features of personas...to keep what you've already done so you don't have to do it again.

So...what's the point of making people level them?
    Vumad, Leebra, Micker99 and 1 other person like this.
  8. DeadRagarr Augur

I mean yeah would be nice, but never gonna happen. They got Heroic toons to sell, and there are plenty of peeps that will buy them regardless of forum thoughts.
  9. Mikana Augur

Given the state of them on beta, I wouldn't even consider looking at them for a month or so.
    Yinla likes this.
  10. Bannsidhe New Member

this is the beginning of the end..im so sad
  11. Agrippa Augur

This isn't relevant once expendable glyph AA become available at 51st level, but prior to that, on every server, experience comes so quickly that any characters are basically forced to skip over a ton of content just to avoid bottomfeeding. Prior to the 51st level, at least, any lower level characters created will now be able to share that "forced" leveling experience between up to 16 classes. I can understand that most players rather enjoy running around in killing completely trivial mobs in godmode, but there are still a few of us that might enjoy doing content a reasonable amount of lower level content at appropriate levels. This is a real godsend for anyone that might enjoy doing lower level content at appropriate levels.
  12. Bannsidhe New Member

huh its ok for those who didnt alrdy lvl all classes but most boxers have to be not thrilled all thier investment washed out the window just to grind over? na pass..sad so sad all my great alts trash!
    Micker99 likes this.
  13. Velisaris_MS Augur

Still haven't seen anyone post that they've successfully used a heroic character upgrade on a persona. Not saying it won't work...just haven't seen any confirmation yet.
  14. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

I’m probably just going to buy a Heroic token or ignore the feature. I don’t really have the desire to PL a character to 95 to group with my boxes.
  15. Alnitak Augur

My beta grinding observations: Molo trash kills at about 0.15% per kill at 121, Group kills at about 0.08-0.09% per kill. Not really horrible. My guess - PL grinding in LS for less-than-120 toons will be reasonable, especially with Lesson etc.

Also, NoS missions can be done with Lesson running and give about 1-2% per level per chest opening.
    Including Oversser, that round to about 15% per level per day for Personas for a couple of hours per day playtime. 1 level per week, 110 to 120 in about 2 and a half months. Add any actual grinding to shorten that.
  16. DillyBar Augur

Time for this game to call it quits.
  17. WeCameWeConquered Elder

Joke's on you - no need to worry about leveling them when there's no point in using them.
    Micker99 likes this.
  18. Alnitak Augur

No need. A newly created Persona has about 7K++ HME as soon as it reaches a banker. Clickies are No-Trade from the inventory and are lvl 1 useable. Mount + Familiar + Vail + stat food/drink + Tribute. 1 to lvl 25 in about 15 minutes by killing everything in sight in Blightfire
  19. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

What makes it have 7k hp? The Heroic AAs?
  20. Alnitak Augur

KushallaFV likes this.