Frostfell is finally here!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Angeliana, Dec 4, 2023.

1. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

[IMG]
    Let’s get to rockin’ around the Frostfell tree!

Santug Claugg has come to town with his list of all the good and bad adventurers, let’s hope he checks it twice! Be sure to gain favor by leaving out some Magically Delicious Cookies and a Bottle of Milk.

You can get in on the wintery fun and festivities tonight (December 3, 2023) beginning at midnight! The event ends on January 7, 2024, at 11:00 p.m. PST.

[IMG]

Frostfell: Getting Started

To get started, head over to the snow-covered island in Timorous Deep, the Gigglegibber goblin Ginjleg has taken his yearly vacation to study the mysteriously magnificent boats that traverse those open waters. He would be happy to share his love of boats and discuss how his Frostfell dolls are made. Ginjleg, Ganjleg, and Belumb will be celebrating all Frostfell long.

[IMG]

Frostfell Stages

The first stage of returning Frostfell festivities begins December 3, 2023, and runs until 11:00 p.m. PST on December 15. Head to your local hometown to help the Frostfell Goblins thwart that dastardly Grinnuch. Then head to the Great Divide, to assist Zobb in finding the missing toymakers.

The second stage of festivities begins at 12:00 a.m. PST on December 16, and runs through 11:00 p.m. PST on December 30. This is your chance to personally assist Santug Claugg with his list and gifts. For those of you who enjoy a good confection, make sure to stop in and see Hargar the Velium Chef. The only thing sweeter than his food is his love of fancy dress!

The third phase is where you can get GIFTS! On December 24 just after midnight, go get your gifts from Santug. This phase ends on December 26, 2023, at 11:00 p.m. PST.

And lastly, the fourth and final stage is all about the holiday party! Santug, Hargar, Fabdabus, and others move on to help ring in the new year with you and your fellow revelers. Keep your eyes on the sky as there will be fireworks going off near Fabdabus! This stage begins on December 31, 2023, at 12:00 a.m. PST and will end on January 7, 2024, at 11:00 p.m. PST. You can join in on the cheer and celebration in your local hometown.
    Have a holly jolly Frostfell everyone!

Be sure to follow us on social media: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Discord.

[IMG]
    Veteran_BetaTester and Cidran like this.
  2. Bilbo Backpackens Journeyman

These dates seem to be from last year (with just the year value updated). The third was yesterday, Sunday, but was indeed a Saturday in 2022. Please clarify what the correct dates for the events are.
    Yinla likes this.
  3. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

I'll recheck them, thank you!
  4. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

Checked! Those are the correct dates!
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

All I know is the pop up was there SUNDAY Dec 3 2023 when I logged in and did a bunch yesterday.

Not sure where SATURDAY Dec 3 went this year. Maybe it was teetering at midnight trying to decide if it wanted to stay Dec 2 2023?

Its just that one line anyway.

The first stage of returning Frostfell festivities begins Saturday, December 3, 2023

HO HO HO
    Angeliana likes this.
  6. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

Ahhh, I see what y'all mean. It is the day and not the date which is the issue. FIXED! Thanks!
    Cidran likes this.
  7. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Angeliana (and everyone at Darkpaw),

I have on my wiki a schedule of Frostfell events. It's the same one I've used for years (with changing the dates by a day or two each year). https://everquest.fanra.info/wiki/Frostfell#2023

[IMG]

However, going today into the Plane of Knowledge, Santug Claugg's Helper offered me Braxi Roundup, which on my schedule should not be available until December 16. There may be other quests as well which are not on my schedule correctly.

So, would someone kindly please tell me what is wrong with my schedule so I can repair it?

Thank you for your time and consideration.
    Fiip likes this.
  8. Herf Augur

Could you please update the announcement with information relating to which expansions/servers get which parts of the event? Example: I've checked Golra island on Agnarr and the quest goblin isn't there so I'm guessing that part is associated with post-lDoN.
  9. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Usually (note: I cannot confirm and do not work for Darkpaw), if the quest came out during an expansion which is active on the TLP server, then you get it. If it was originally released in an expansion you do not have, then you don't.

My wiki has the dates when some of the quests came out (sorry, not all of them) and if you cross-reference it with when the expansions came out (https://everquest.fanra.info/wiki/Expansions) that may help.
    Herf likes this.
  10. Herf Augur

Hmm, looks like there's no Frostfell or New Years XP bonus listed. I know we've been heavily XP bonused in the past couple of months but I thought in the past we got something? I checked last year and don't see any mention of it though.
  11. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Herf likes this.
  12. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

The base of the event is Omens of War, there are likely other limits to particular quests and such however.
    Herf likes this.
  13. Fiip New Member

Fanra likes this.
  14. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

15. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

As small criticism, when I returned to EQ after having played EQ2 and saw the announcement for EQ Frostfell noting "To get started, head over to the snow-covered island in Timorous Deep.." above the picture of a decorated house, I was looking for that house or an entry to a Frostfell location/zone with that house as a quest hub. I spent a lot of time trying to find the Frostfell island in Timorous Deep until I discovered it is just a regular island covered with snow (all the time, not just for Frostfell) with a couple additional NPCs for ONE of the Frostfell questlines. If I remember rightly, the conclusion of that questline doesn't give any indication of who else or where else to find quests which makes the "To get started" an absolute sham. Most of the quests for Frostfell aren't anywhere near that snow-covered island and there is an incredible dearth of decorations even in the other locations where there are Frostfell quest givers.

The NPC tag for Frostfell quests isn't even all that helpful in all places where there might be a quest giver since some of the quests are level locked and hailing them might get you rebuffed without any direction in-game who you should talk to. Hail enough that say "I can't help you" and you're likely to think Frostfell is just not available for your character (as I did the first year after I returned).

Relying on 3rd party sites to give helpful information on how to even find your event content is absolutely horrible. Even the fact these old (automated posting?) announcements haven't been updated to include TLP information is really crappy.

The pictures, though, really need to be 'captioned' that they're samples of decorated houses. It would be really cool if there was an indication of where those specific decorated houses could be viewed in-game but I suspect they were never on a player accessible server. Many of the items in those pictures aren't even available now in any way. It would, though, be really nice if there was ANY pictures in the official announcements of the actual things you can get from the Frostfell content.
    Phancy, Marton and Herf like this.
  16. Phancy Elder

I do not know who's guild hall is pictured. The first house with all of the red brick is Phanciful's at 101 Market Heights - Crimson Tempest Village II on Drinal. I do not know the location of the other decorated house.

If you do go in the house you can run through the mage doors!
  17. Herf Augur

Wow. Though I'm on a TLP that has been humbugged and won't get any of these things, I DID think that people on other servers got to see all those cool things. Disappointing that peoples houses on a particular server are being used to try to advertise Frostfell.
  18. Beardsy Elder

Wtb guide events that give out turkey leg ornaments! :p

Merry Frostfell to all <3
    Herf likes this.
  19. Marton Augur

When using player made content (decorated houses, guild halls), credits should be given.

Common courtesy.
    Rijacki likes this.
  20. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

The images in the post were developer decorated.