The expansion's release is tomorrow..

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Malore, Dec 4, 2023.

1. Herf Augur

People might be well advised to backup your UI, .ini, and config files for all your toons before the patch tomorrow.
    Raptorjesus5 likes this.
  2. Vanesae Journeyman

Also hide your wife, hide your kids
    Herf likes this.
  3. Cicelee Augur

Same. Although I tend to base my higher price point expansion on the self port clickie for convenience. Since every zone is connected to one central hub, the desire for a self port clickie is greatly reduced.

I was bound near Shar Vahl group/raid NPC. When doing a mission run, I could gate to Shar Vahl for both missions... self port to Shadow Haven for the third, then run for the fourth. It was convenient and nice. This expansion? No, I don't want my pet to look like a skunk.
    Kaenneth and Herf like this.
  4. Nennius Curmudgeon

Don't we all do that as a matter of course?
  5. Svann2 The Magnificent

and /outputfile inventory
    Herf likes this.
  6. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Bought 6 expansions. Not happy about it though, terrible content and raids are a joke.
  7. strongbus Augur

don't need to hide your wife if you get her to play eq with you lol.
    Joules_Bianchi likes this.
  8. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

Thanks for the reminder to do my periodic manual back of of ini files and log 'rotation'.
  9. Moege Augur

And then the rollback to fix what the patch of the patch did not fix.
  10. tanknit Journeyman

Yea man I'm excited for it
  11. Raptorjesus5 Augur

I'm excited for the new zones and content. Even more excited for personas to be in a workable state sometime in the future.
  12. Warpeace Augur

As an expansion feature Persona's should not excite anyone having to wait for them to be in a workable state sometime in the future. It should be working as advertised when the expansion launches.

This is not a knock on the Dev that worked on them but higher management and their bad decisions.
    Fenthen and Mikana like this.
  13. ezoz New Member

Im excited for all the new zones. Personally i really liked all the revamp zones in the last 6 expansions it tickled my nostalgia ( now if they can just do a xpac with original freeport, EC, and WC ). BUT it will be cool with a bunch of totally new zones.
  14. atchoom Lorekeeper

i will do a /outputfile inventory before i click all my collectibles , in case of a rollback .....

i got MANY collectibles to click , i got several accounts and did the collectibles from overseer and bazaar for the low price one. enough to get 270 ach's or so , should worth 2 % reg xp each .

i got as well 5 overseer ready to click ( 24 hours one and critical ) .
  15. Agrippa Augur

For any single account owners, this is the first time (outside of server merging, possibly) that we'll have access to every class on single server. Let alone with a single character! I'm pretty damn excited about this. This is game changing for anyone in shoes like myself. Outside of FFXIV (and it has limitations there, too) I can't think of any worlds that really allow "all-in-one" characters. It's new here, of course, and it *should* have limitations. But when has any single character here ever had any real access to every class, profession, craft, spell, skill, ability, you name it. Will we have access to eveything all at once? Of course not! There can and should be limitations. This is the first time in EverQuest's history, though, that a player like myself is allowed access to an all-in-one character, though.
  16. CdeezNotes Augur

Did something prevent you from making alts on your account? This doesn't make sense.
  17. Fenthen aka Rath

There is no, nor ever will be, an all-in-one character.
    Micker99 and Nennius like this.
  18. Tatanka Joe Schmo

And if she doesn't play EQ with you? Watch out, especially if your life insurance is paid up!

/ducks

;)
    Vanesae and Nennius like this.
  19. Agrippa Augur

There will certainly be limitations, but in the sense that I was meaning, what are some of the things now that I couldn't have personal use of with a single character? Yes, for now, I'll most certainly have to swap over at a safe point, but what roles, crafts, spells, skills, or any other key things would be impossible for me to do with a single character? (Edit: I suppose I should mention that a single character still won't have access to every possible race/class/diety combination, but, hopefully, you can see where I'm coming from.)
  20. Micker99 Augur

Not sure what you are talking about? It's not an all in one character. You can't access any abilities outside of your class, you can't even change/log into the other class, without traveling to a fast camp zone. Logging in an alt would be faster than your all in one toon lol. What class do you not have access to when making another character, that you could with personas? Besides the pretend feeling that your guy is all in one, is there really a difference of logging on an alt, besides the alt being more convenient? You STLL are a single character, you can only play one at a time, just like if it was an alt.
    Fenthen and Nennius like this.