The expansion's release is tomorrow..

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Malore, Dec 4, 2023.

1. Malore New Member

..And I'm getting excited. :)

Is anyone else taking tomorrow off of work to play?
    Micker99 and Raptorjesus5 like this.
  2. user_032984904 New Member

I feel the excitement as well. Still plan to work and save PTO for a real vacation.
  3. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Skipping the expac. But happy for you. Hope you have a great day off, and the servers stay up :)
    Svann2 likes this.
  4. Cicelee Augur

I have next Wednesday through Friday off. Hoping to get a good chunk of progression done those days, I figure most will be at work so I won't have as much to deal with as opposed to a Friday night/weekend.
  5. CdeezNotes Augur

First time I won't be buying the collector's edition for both accounts. Still deciding if I even should buy any version. Live gameplay has simply under delivered to the point where I doubt I'll ever continue playing it unless they really change their ways and give us more than 2 weeks worth of non-raid content. Between the minimal amount of content in LS and all the continuous problems (UI disaster, exploits, bugs, broken features, etc), it's hard to willingly give more money over to DPG.
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Servers don't come up till 8PM my time. Plan on logging in getting spells, etc and collecting Overseer to get level 121 and then heading to bed.

Letting everyone else deal with any issues and if the server is still up the following morning I will play. I expect the server to be down at least once while I'm sleeping.
    Micker99 likes this.
  7. Angahran Augur

You expect to be able to play?
    What about the patch?
    Then the patch to fix the patch?
    And the patch to fix the fix of the patch?
    Mikana likes this.
  8. Tuco Augur

I'm ready to go. Characters are ready, vacation is taken, honey-dos are honey-done.

I'm going to hit the expansion hard and then act surprised and entitled if any service interruptions or bugs occur and rage out on the forums.
  9. Alnitak Augur

That's what I've been doing in the past at times. And then I've realised that if just once I'll hit a bar or movies during the year because I am bored playing old expansions, then I spend more money than the cost of expansion. So I told myself - unless I plan to not play EQ for the entire year - I just buy the expansion as a good deal.
    Also, LS comes with 3 AP slots per character, which will cost quite a bit to unlock later if you skip LS. That's why the first time in years I've bought Collector's versions (5 slots) on my accounts.
    Wdor likes this.
  10. strongbus Augur

ready here. I had planned on 2 weeks off back in July and without even thinking my 1st day starts the 5th lol
  11. aozs Augur

I never play during EQ expansion launch month. Usually something going on in WoW that has my attention, plus waiting for at least 1 month of bug fixes seems to smooth out the experience
  12. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

wow /yawn
    Wdor likes this.
  13. Evertrek Augur

nice troll OP. there is an extended downtime but no word on when they go live. maybe a pre-patch....
  14. Nennius Curmudgeon

Two characters will ding 121 soon after launch. And then I relog traders until later in the evening when I can go exploring.
  15. Malore New Member

Not a troll. I'm genuinely excited. I'm taking tomorrow off to play. I hope it goes well. :)
    Thren likes this.
  16. Thren Lorekeeper

Ill be playing if servers are up.
  17. Vanesae Journeyman

Yinla, Nennius and Malore like this.
  18. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Awesome saying! If you coined that, hats off :)
    Goranothos and Toukan like this.
  19. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Not a matter of cash. I'm several expacs behind, and don't play enough to get that far caught up within the year. For me, it's the "feature", and level gains/spells/AAs, which prompt expac purchase. Per a post I made elsewhere on here, I have yet to use the feature (at all) from any of the last 8-10 expacs. This one was very promising, until they hamstrung it, making it, once again, not useful to me. So, I'll bypass the level gain and new spells/AAs, and maybe hope enough of us are sending them a message.
    As to the 3 free AP slots, I won't really use them when I do get it, maybe just the random AP char here or there. I'll just use the 500 DBC/month stash to buy the slots I do want, since I have over 20K DBC on my accounts.

The GREAT part about not buying the expac, for me, will be not having to worry about XP or AAs for the next year. So, I can do content I'm always putting off, because I don't want to stop getting more AAs or XP. Also, using the expac $ not spent to sub 1-2 more accounts, and do more than 3-boxing :)

Anyway, still hope everyone who gets LS enjoys it.
    Micker99 likes this.
  20. Iven the Lunatic

Still busy with EoK and lower content, so no. Enjoy leveling APs ! :)