So, what exactly is "corpse wipe"

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by dsh1001, Dec 1, 2023.

1. Svann2 The Magnificent

Everyone knows that when you die you poop yourself.
    Someone gotta clean up that mess.
  2. dsh1001 New Member

Since it could mean about a dozen things, I suppose I require that they explain what it is exactly and what to do do to prepare.
  3. dsh1001 New Member

Thank you for posting a helpful response.
  4. dsh1001 New Member

5. dsh1001 New Member

6. dsh1001 New Member

Thanks to all for the resposes. (well, thanks to most) All I needed to know was not to be dead when the game goes down for the expansion. I'm not sure why daybreak support couldn't have told me that instead of the following canned response I received:

"I will pass this along to the appropriate departments so that they can take them into consideration. I would also suggest posting your feedback/suggestions on our forums, though you may not receive a response back, our team does frequent the forums and take player suggestions into consideration. You can also use the command /feedback in game to be given a link to our forums."
  7. FranktheBank Augur

I would like to know what dozen things you think it could possibly mean.
    Nennius likes this.
  8. Lothar Journeyman

Ah, I got ya. I was thinking later that maybe the best way is to die, and then earn the xp to cap as fast as possible, then rinse and repeat for 3 hours, leaving however many corpses you can pile up in that time, then log until the expansion goes live... then as soon as you log in, use the xp rez aa to extract all of your corpses' xp in one instant.
  9. Flatchy Court Jester

I cannot remember the last time we had an expansion and the first kill did not result in a DING! Oh wait there as that first year I as really hung over and forgot to turn the 100% AA exp off.
    Herodotus, Nennius and Rijacki like this.
  10. Domniatric Augur

Seriously? What the hell do you think it means?

It means your corpses will be wiped away, gone, vanish, bye.
    How to prepare?
    Resurrect them if you care comes to mind....
  11. strongbus Augur

Ya I remember when in POK you have 1 person with hundreds of corpses.
  12. Agrippa Augur

[IMG]
    Zaray likes this.
  13. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Take XP loss deaths, many of them, then go sit in guild / boxed xp group or taskadd storm to regain all lost XP and camp out. After new expansion opens, Expedient Recovery or use Divine rez alts / 96% rezzes to get XP back beyond pre release xp cap.
  14. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

Thank you for the reminder to turn XP back on for my 120s when I log on later today. I don't need to be hung over to forget.
  15. Nennius Curmudgeon

Flatchy!!!!!
    Herodotus and Rijacki like this.
  16. Flatchy Court Jester

I will do it, I will take a brushy haired hafling and pick him up by the ankles and use him for a mop!
    Nennius likes this.
  17. Nennius Curmudgeon

Hmm I wonder if the Shark Tank folks would be interested. Oh Kevin...
  18. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

Corpse painting!

/corpsehide all
    Nennius likes this.
  19. Hegsheoshed Augur

512 corpses. I am not sure what happens if you have more than 512. 512 is root file limit. I miss the Dobby on the Rathe server. Santugg gifted him a stocking and now he is a free elf.