The future of EQ due to these issues...

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Pimpmobile, Nov 28, 2023.

1. Numiko Augur

That's it I'm quitting too! .. oh wait.. I have a lifetime sub .. dammit! :mad:

Joking aside I will admit these bugs and lack of visible effort on daybreaks part to try and fix them (I notice no mention of them in the latest test update) has really diminished my enthusiasm to play on Oakwynd
  2. Tyranthraxus Grognard

[IMG]

The Bar
    Skuz, Critt and Lawyer like this.
  3. FranktheBank Augur

The bar is on the floor and darkpaw was like "go get the shovels"
    Skuz, OldTimeEQ1, Slaps and 3 others like this.
  4. Ewaz of_E'ci Journeyman

Although I dont agree with the decision, i understand the complications a roll back would cause so i can at least understand that one.

What doesnt make sense is they seem to have no interest in fixing the current TLP with a broken primary ruleset. It seems like they aren't interested in maintaining the revenue stream from TLP's.

Currently i have no reason to believe they will have more interest in keeping whatever the 25th anniversary's server's ruleset is functioning and so i will not be investing into future TLP's unless we see some kind of major corse corrections to restore confidence that they care about the game.
  5. Pimpmobile Journeyman

I had already decided that Oakwynd would be my last TLP, I just didn't think my desire to play on it would end so abruptly. Weeks have passed and the only comment we have to date is "We're looking into it.", and that was posted nearly two weeks ago.

Still no update from Angeliana or any of the devs and PoP is quickly approaching. Even something like "We have no idea how to fix this issue, but we'll turn on some temporary bonus xp to compensate in the mean time." would make a lot of people happy until they get it fixed.
    OldTimeEQ1 and Oscig like this.
  6. Slik New Member

Gold tinted glasses. You are getting flamed by people for speaking the truth. I already quit, I am sitting here waiting to log into Season of discovery, and decided to see if there was anything new over here, because EQ is and always will be my favorite MMO. I just can't deal with the lack of care given in hotfixes and duping. Maybe I will be back in May if the next TLP is something special.
    Skuz, Thewiz and Oscig like this.
  7. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

Honestly at this point, the only reason I am staying around is my friends and guild. Eventually, everybody will move on, and I will unsub, and move on to something else myself.
    Velisaris_MS likes this.
  8. FranktheBank Augur

Correct. EQ is a bad game. The only reason to play it is in spite of it.
  9. Brontus EQ Player Activist

I cancelled 4 All Access accounts last year and I used to spend lots of money on exp potions and I had all the perks purchased. The big reason for me was DarkPaw's intransigence and their failure to have meaningful dialogue with their player base. Reciprocity is a two-way street.

I wager most players on the forums genuinely want to make the EverQuest experience better for everyone. Some of us have spent a lot of time researching these ongoing problems and providing indisputable evidence that Darkpaw has chronically ignored. We go beyond just complaining, we offer actionable solutions. But, no matter what we do, nothing seems to get through to the folks in San Diego who seem to be on auto-pilot.

The problems are getting so bad that my Google alert for EverQuest told me that various new websites are reporting about duping exploits.

A vocal few are content with the way things are because of a sense of misguided loyalty to the developers. Look at what has got them? Nothing but the continuance of the status quo and chronic dysfunction. That is unacceptable in 2023.

Players who post legitimate grievances on the forums are not being taken seriously. We've given the current regime at Darkpaw plenty of opportunities to make good on their promises. So it's time to pivot to a new strategy.

I am currently corresponding with officials at Enad Global 7 who own Daybreak and Darkpaw and sharing my perspective about the myriad of problems that players are facing. That is your right as a consumer. I urge others to do the same if they feel so inclined. If enough of us take the time to do this, things will change. Norrath may be "their world" but are are the ones that have to play in it.

If we all put our petty differences and egos aside, we can come together as a community and make a difference and get EQ back on track where it should be. Thanks for listening.
    Doranur_Aleguzzler likes this.
  10. Oscig Elder

Recent statement from JChan was a slap in the face to people with eyes.
    "0.22%"
    lmao
    Gaylon and Defenestrated Vase like this.
  11. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

I can't tell if you're taking a jab at me or not. But let me just say this. I came back to play on Oakwynd, because my friends contacted me and told me the guild was reforming there for launch. To me that's as good a reason as any to return. Also, to me, it's as good a reason to STAY. I'll just seriously curtail any money I would otherwise spend on the game.
    Brontus likes this.
  12. OldTimeEQ1 Augur

And that's the point. Look at what Frankthebank quoted in his reply?
  13. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

Like I said, I can't tell if that's a jab. Based on his post history (like me he can be snarky and I appreciate that), it is safe to assume he is, but I also have to take into consideration I just woke up, and I am inferring intent on his part. So I attempted to add clarity to my thought from last night.
  14. Bakedtendies New Member

??? You do know they cant even get forums rights. You can become a new member if you don't post anything in a while. I for sure am not a new member but it states I am.
  15. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Yep.

I got my Laurion's Song expansion purchase refunded so at least Darkpaw did the decent thing on that score.

And that concludes my involvement with Darkpaw.

Onwards.
  16. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

I'm sticking around for my friends and guild, until we all decide to move one. But I won't be spending any more money on this game.
  17. Xerzist Augur

EQ is just a cash-grab at this point. I think folks be in denial. R-e-p-e-a-t-e-d recycling of expansions. That was the initial wake-up call that nothing original would be done again, its all about net profits. Oh, and this "persona" thing, its a gigantic cash-grab, will be a buggy nightmare, mark my words - and has very little intrinsic value to the average player.
    OldTimeEQ1 likes this.
  18. Velisaris_MS Augur

According the the now posted FAQ, additional persona slots are 1500 DBC...that's $15.

Fifteen bucks to play another class when starting an actual alt (that doesn't share timers) is free.

Mindboggling.
  19. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

These threads pop up every year around expansion time.

"EverQuest is dying."
    "EverQuest is teh sux."

blah, blah, blah.

Talk about originality - go find something new to complain about? :eek:
    code-zero likes this.
  20. code-zero Augur

Well I just bought 2 x LS expansions but basic only. That'll teach 'em