Should we be worried about a roll back next week?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cicelee, Nov 29, 2023.

1. Cicelee Augur

New expansion is launching on Tuesday with a feature that potentially can be catastrophic to your main character. While I personally am not even going to touch alternate personas, I am slightly worried that I am going to turn in a bunch of NOS collects and do some LS progression over the first couple days... only to have so many players submitting tickets about their mains being deleted (or similar) because of personas that DBG will roll back servers to December 4th, thus nullifying all the LS work I (and others) would have already done.

Am I being too paranoid? Or is there a real possibility of a server roll back, followed by disabling personas until they are fixed?
    Toukan likes this.
  2. Belexes ForumQuester

All I can tell you is don't be in a rush to get leveled and expansion done. Better safe than sorry. :)
    Wdor likes this.
  3. Iuwene Augur

I just think you are not paranoid enough.
  4. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

If your worried just take the 1st month off ;) i wouldnt worry about nos overseer collection unless your doing a whole expansion.
  5. Warpeace Augur

Where is the fun of living on the edge if you can't gamble on a rollback?
    Andarriel likes this.
  6. keel Journeyman

if they did an actual rollback (which I don't know if they've ever actually done) you would get those collects back and the achievements would be reversed and able to be gotten again.. they can do individual rollbacks for the offending accounts as far as I know and still mostly maintain integrity.. things get sketchy when assets were offloaded to other accounts, etc.. but even that can be tracked but it takes a human some time to map it all out, separate legitimate from non-legitimate but its easy to query the database and figure out who the big cheaters were and work their way down.

ps. don't use persona's at all until they tell you its safe to do so
  7. Beimeith Lord of the Game

There is not going to be rollbacks.
  8. Mossaa Augur

I have taken some days off work to have LS fun :) I live on the edge
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I'd they gave any sense personas won't launch with the expansion. They are even telling you not to use them on test.

Just wish CS would have some balls and announce it.
  10. Velisaris_MS Augur

I'm curoius...have they ever launched an expansion before and specifically told people NOT to use the primary selling point feature of said expansion? I certainly don't remember that ever happening.

I've seen some where a feature didn't launch WITH the expansion, but I can't recall ever seeing an expansion drop and being told not to use its features because it would be really, really bad.
    Tarvas likes this.
  11. CdeezNotes Augur

I wouldn't even touch them then. Wait until they say they are safe and your guildies confirm them as safe. Let someone else storm the beach.
  12. Cicelee Augur

The issue with that is, it is one line in the middle of the patch notes. It is not all capital letters, not bolded, not larger front, not at the very top. It is just a normal patch note format line. How many players read every single patch note on every patch? And random Joe Schmo/Suzy Q is going to patch EQ Live on December 5th, they are excited coming home from work to log on and try personas, they aren't going to scroll through patch notes and realize not to make a persona.

There HAS to be some better in game communication to prevent personas from being created. Or do the smart thing and on December 3rd you just disable it until it is 100% right.
  13. Scila Augur

They could "disable" it rather than trust ppl to not use it. If you look at the Options, Display tab there is an option to Disable Tattoos. There "should" be a way to disable features server side so ppl don't do them and provide a popup advising the "feature" is disabled should they attempt it. They also provide popups if you don't own xpacs etc. There "should" be a way to inform the players.
  14. Smokezz The Bane Crew

What line in the middle of the patch notes? I don't see anything here that makes it sound like it's bad to use Personas. Was there something there before it was edited? https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...1-28-2023-patch-notes-and-discussions.294413/
  15. Soulbanshee Augur

16. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Ok... so if it's not there now (no idea what, since you didn't specify), there isn't much to worry about. It was obvious an error that was removed.
  17. Tuco Augur

I'm not worried about or expecting a server rollback. If they launch with personas I *am* expecting a long line of people asking customer service for character-specific rollbacks or other help with restoring a character.

I also expect them to postpone Personas at the last moment.
    Metanis and Scila like this.
  18. Mossaa Augur

Could be they need to have them at launch due to that is a major selling point for expansion
  19. Velisaris_MS Augur

It literally said don't use personas because it will cause something bad to happen to your character.
    wickedlittlewoodelf likes this.
  20. Cicelee Augur

No disrespect, but that is a lot of faith that you have that it "was an obvious error" (words rearranged to match better) from a company that, while trying its hardest with what it has, has not necessarily always been a company you can have blind faith in.