Please add /hidemodels familiars

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Ravanta Suffer, Nov 29, 2023.

1. Ravanta Suffer Augur

So there have been a few posts about this topic over the years. Most people check the "auto leave" button in the familiar keyring, but there are always people that refuse to do this.

We have /hidemodels players
    We have /hidemodels pets
    We have /hidemodels mercenaries
    We have /hidemodels all

Please add /hidemodels familiars as an option.

Thank you.
    Iven, Shea, Vumad and 23 others like this.
  2. Tuco Augur

/signed
    Belexes and Ravanta Suffer like this.
  3. FranktheBank Augur

Well this is a terrible idea because there are some people who bought the familiars strictly because other people couldn't hide them so you really have to think about the impact of this because it effects all kinds of people who may not want this and as the devs have said previously familiars are completely different.
    Tyranthraxus and Act of Valor like this.
  4. Belexes ForumQuester

I don't want to see anyone's familiars on raids or in the lobby. Make it so!!

We don't need to see other people's familiars. Why would someone care if we can't see them if they have one out?
    Warpeace likes this.
  5. error Augur

Ability to hide other players mounts too, please. You can already partially do it by using old models, but some people just have to play guktans and drakkin for some reason so it's not 100% effective.

Weird that you can hide pets and mercs which actually have combat roles, but not purely aesthetic familiars and mounts o_O

-edit-
    I'd also support a hide illusions option for both players and pets ;)
    Magickon, aariell_xev and Warpeace like this.
  6. chronicler Augur

Dont tell you got those for bragging?
  7. Velisaris_MS Augur

Nobody gives a squat about or wants to see your vanity purchases...I certainly don't.

I 100% support being able to hide other people's familiars.
  8. Act of Valor The Newest Member

9. Knifen Augur

if you could add /hidemodelsallandweapons to your list that would be great.
    Toukan likes this.
  10. Tuco Augur

I thought this was a Waring post at first :D
    Magickon, ForumBoss and FranktheBank like this.
  11. Angahran Augur

/hidepets allbutmine
    /hidepets allbutgroup
    /hidepets allbutraid

/hidemerc allbutmine
    /hidemerc allbutgroup
    Kaelwyse likes this.
  12. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casualâ„¢

I'd love the ability to hide all familiars. But perhaps implement it as a check box on the Options window, rather than a slash command. Let us check the box, essentially Ronco mode, set it and forget it.
    EDIT for all you heathen wizards out there. Kill Flappy. Do this by right clicking the PINK familiar icon on your buff bar, and select Add To List Of Blocked Spells.
    Nennius and Ravanta Suffer like this.
  13. Ravanta Suffer Augur

Blocked spells is my next soapbox target. (We need many more slots!)
  14. Poyzen Frawg Augur

I'm no computer scientist. If visible familiars affect performance, I like this request.
    Nennius likes this.
  15. Bernel Augur

Even if it doesn't affect performance, I find the constant movement distracting and annoying. Like, they may be huge balls of electricity or have big flapping wings. I'd rather not see that kind of stuff. Nothing against those effects, but I'd rather not have all that constant motion grabbing my attention.
    Silvena likes this.
  16. Ravanta Suffer Augur

I can't remember the specifics of what I entered (maybe it was just multiple toggles of /hidemodels all) but I was eventually able to hide everything once, but the setting did not stick and I was not able to repeat it. But, I am still requesting the ability to hide familiars specifically.

For me personally, it is more than a little annoying being forced to hide all models in order to hide familiars, especially because often times I want to see player models. As a necro I usually do, because it's easier to see where people are. This is beneficial in many situations, such as avoiding them for viral AE's, having a general sense of if we are in the right position, if I'm close enough for ADPS, etc. I understand that melee generally hide player models because of collision reasons, but here is the thing...

Seeing another person's familiar is never beneficial. It is only flavor. I understand that some like that, and that's fine. But it doesn't actually do anything for me, or for anyone. Just because someone else likes their familiar, doesn't mean I do.

So yes, it would be awesome to be able to specifically hide familiars.
  17. Velisaris_MS Augur

It's not even about performance...it's about a seriously "Get the F out of here with that crap!" annoying aspect of the game most people would like to turn off.
    Nennius and Ravanta Suffer like this.
  18. Tyranthraxus Grognard

it was almost too subtle lol
    FranktheBank likes this.
  19. Ravanta Suffer Augur

I really wish I could just get over this. It's like the people that refuse to shrink, despite being absolutely huge. They are shaman, that can obviously shrink themselves, but they are mostly trolls or ogres and so many of them have to be constantly reminded to shrink.

But these familiars, that do nothing? Why don't people just auto-leave the familiar! I really think they do it because they know it serves no purpose, and they just like that little act of defiance.

Really wish we could hide familiars without hiding all models.
    Nennius likes this.
  20. Flatchy Court Jester

When I play I shrink all my alts down mercs and pets. I keep myself HUGE much to your dismay. The reason I do so is I am the one pulling , I get a much better viewpoint for targets and adds that way. I dont live my EQ life on the /assist key. In certain areas I can see the advantage and do shrink but not often. I need to see, everyone else does not.

This is just one reason why perhaps people do not. In a raid though do what you are told lol.