The future of EQ due to these issues...

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Pimpmobile, Nov 28, 2023.

1. Pimpmobile Journeyman

I honestly had no intention to play SoD until this situation occurred. I'm sure others feel the same way.

This post isn't comparing the games, it's comparing the companies and their respect for their players. The reason I brought up SoD is because it's a result of AB actually listening to what players want, knowing the type of content they'd enjoy and knowing that they not only test it, but acknowledge and fix any vital bugs in a quick and timely manner. The only reason we got an apology is because of all the backlash, and it was a full week after the bug had been reported, and days after it went public. That's what I'm trying to push DPG to actually care about.
  2. FranktheBank Augur

Doubt.

I agree that it's a colossal mistake and mishandling and I agree that people should quit in response. The issue is this company has a long track record of this.
    Skuz likes this.
  3. brickz Augur

I know several people who are quitting, and when a pay to play server is managed more poorly than free private servers I don't blame them
    Skuz and Oscig like this.
  4. Comaboy New Member

I cancelled when it hit the 2 week mark with basically no response. Now we're coming up to 3 weeks, think about it, that's almost half of Luclin which we spent the last several months getting 60s for the expected aa bonus. I sure never saw the 'urgency and gravity' in their response. In fact I haven't seen any response other than acknowledging the issue and CS reps that keep telling us they are talking to developers. And I do expect a refund for the last several months I spent on Oakwynd, which is around 1200hours based on my avg play times. I won't even log on that server now, what's the point, grinding twice as hard as I should for aa's, economy ruined beyond repair. I love eq but Im not blindly loyal when they treat us like garbage.
  5. eqfanforlife Elder

I legit didn't even know about the new wow server until I read this forum post.

Actually gonna try it out but I am still raid logging and continuing on mischief for sure.

It's still a very fun server and getting into a great part of the game.

If people from oakwynd quit I really couldn't care less, that server was a dumpster fire from day 1.
  6. whisperscream31 New Member

Me either! Lol, an yeah. Cancelled 2 accounts. Dupe bug, plus other crud, just too much. Not played in 20 years... nostalgia was able to ignore most -but there is a point and was reached.
    Skuz likes this.
  7. Vanesae Journeyman

Is this what people mean by cancel culture?
  8. Monkeychunks Augur

No, all the players cancelling are from the same person. You are allowed one forum account for each EQ account you have. So when someone says they are cancelling 20 accounts you have to figure that they made 20 different forum accounts to post they were cancelling. Its really just the same 20 accounts.

BTW you only cancel the payments, not the accounts. The game will always be waiting for your return ;)
  9. Vanesae Journeyman

Ahh, just like Crack Cocaine hence the classic nickname "EverCrack".
    Monkeychunks likes this.
  10. Oscig Elder

Do you guys really believe this?
    DPG has run the game into the ground and has shown zero respect towards what they've inherited.

Wonder how long until they start issuing C&Ds towards those-that-shall-not-be-named due to hemorrhaging subscribers.
    Skuz likes this.
  11. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

How is it any different than how the game has always operated?
    Skuz and code-zero like this.
  12. Numiko Augur

He must have missed all the "The Vision" days of things "working as intended" and "Absor Smash!" if you disagreed... your in our world now! :p
    Velisaris_MS, Skuz and code-zero like this.
  13. code-zero Augur

Back when PoP was still fresh there were Devs who weren't shy about their desire to shut EQ down so they could focus on all the dumb failed projects they were wasting time and money on
    Skuz and KushallaFV like this.
  14. Coffee Journeyman

Definitely a few people in my guild quit over the aa bonus not working. Pretty big slap to the face to level 6 boxes and not get the bonus that was promised. A couple prob for the plat duping that wasnt handled correctly. I just subbed some boxes to play on oakwynd but i am cancelling those and raid logging and will prob give sod a try.
    Skuz likes this.
  15. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casualâ„¢

The OP isn't wrong though. The legacy bonus for AA's is a definite thing that concerns MANY TLP players. Some of us were looking forward to features of the new expansion that will be available to all TLPs, but aren't going to be released in any manner that is actually beneficial to players. If they can make it work at all. And the dupe has impacted everybody that plays on Oakwynd, whether you were logging in during that period or not. The price of one spell I still need jumped in price by about a factor of 20, thanks to dupeflation.

I'm not cancelling my subscription, I am still enjoying doing things with my friends and guild. But my willingness to spend more money than a subscription has greatly diminished.
    Skuz and jiri_ like this.
  16. Purekthegreat New Member

I have tons of guildies quitting due to the exp bonus not working. I have 14 lvl 60s, that I wanna max out, but I am not going to and nobody I know that has 14 chars 60 will pay for your dumb exp-pots for the outrageous prices when the bonus is not working. We chose this server because it was Alt-friendly. It is not. We have seen how fast you can act when your whole financial future is in jeopardy, so start acting and turn the juice on for those who have earned it and grinded many many hours to enjoy AA exp bonus from putting in loyalty, and effort.
    SoD in WoW looks nice. Might check that out.
    Skuz likes this.
  17. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I cancelled 0 subs, but my plan to renew is now in the bin.

I love EQ but that gets difficult when it doesn't even manage to scrape over the low bar it sets for itself these days & the only thing Darkpaw does consistently is disappoint.

I am gonna try to stay away from EQ after this, so for those attempting to quit this hobby, good luck on your travels, and to those staying, best wishes for the future, I hope EQ gets its "stuff" together.
  18. Thewiz Augur

Man, that sucks. Makes me want to quit even more. /sigh
  19. Vanesae Journeyman

I'm unsubbed and casual on Test ATM, with potential aspirations of playing 25th anniversary TLP depending on ruleset. Here's to hoping for a Rizlona-ish server!
    Thewiz and code-zero like this.
  20. GRACUS Lorekeeper

You quitting too Skuz? I have not even logged in over a week just because I am so disgusted with Darkpaw right now. I have not canceled any subs yet but man I feel like I should just because of the lack of communication from darkpaw and their inability to correct massive exploits in a timely manner.