XP Bonus for expansion launch

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by demi, Nov 28, 2023.

1. demi Augur

like the title says , and I know we just had 2 back to back bonus's , however it would be nice if we got another one during the week or weekend of expansion release ..

people are upset about personas , especially sense they more than likely will not be released with expansion launch ..

people are upset that we have 2 less missions in new expansion and 1 less raid ..

there are 5 new lvls to attain ..

with 2 less missions and 5 more lvls XP will be a pain

IF by chance persona's are released at launch will want that xtra xp bonus to help lvl said persona's ..

I for one would like and welcome another XP week .. thank you
  2. Dalrek_MM Elder

Request denied. We for one would like you to buy heroic char level 100 for your personas

Best regards Daybreak :p
    Nennius and demi like this.
  3. demi Augur

lol
  4. Velisaris_MS Augur

The Test server was patched with LS. That patch notes gives the description of what personas are, and then literally says "hey, this ain't working...don't use it!" I'm not sure if that's how it's gonna be in a week.
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Don't we usually get a bonus for Christmas & New Year?
    Stune and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  6. Raptorjesus5 Augur

If I remember correctly they don't usually do exp bonus at this time. Bonus rares and sometimes they've done a flat discount in the store.
    Cidran likes this.
  7. Endorek Lorekeeper

I think you're missing the point of new content. They give xp bonuses to catch up, they don't give them so you can rip through the new stuff faster.
  8. Tuco Augur

If anything I think they should apply a new release modification that halves xp, halves rare spawns and halves loot drops for the first couple months of release. Let us suffer a bit.
    Izzard of Bertox, Nennius and DruidCT like this.
  9. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I feel there will be no shortage of suffering with DX11 and Alternate Personas. Let us not invite more. :)
    Tuco likes this.
  10. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Gimme gimme gimme
    Andarriel and Nennius like this.
  11. Marton Augur

Considering how beta went, I would wait with using personas.
  12. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

Isn't that part of the reason you get XP potions in the CE and higher bundles?
    Andarriel, Ozon and Magickon like this.
  13. Knifen Augur

lol, this all comes from handing out Participation Trophies to everyone growing up.
    Toukan and Izzard of Bertox like this.
  14. Zunnoab Augur

I literally laughed out loud.

Bonus exp makes no sense on launch of a level increase expansion, or any expansion really. Maybe if under the expansion's level range.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Nennius like this.
  15. Nennius Curmudgeon

But, let's be honest folks, how many of us would really complain if we got an increase? In any case, laughter is a good thing in our troubled world and the wall of text poster can't do it all himself. So, keep 'em coming!
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Zunnoab like this.
  16. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Yea once LS items become available i'll have 8 shared 50% 4 hr xp potions (might have some on another account as well lol) maybe i should see if i can sell group spots. I really dont use for real xp as i use overseer. aa's are easy to get normal way. Lately seems like we had alot of xp rare bonuses.
  17. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

XP bonus should be for expansion launches... of WoW, FF14 or other competition to keep players locked into EQ.
    Nennius likes this.
  18. CrazyLarth Augur

The next EXP bonus should be Anniversary in March.
    There was a Rare Bonus that started after Xmas last year.
  19. uberkingkong Augur

Thats funny.
    Upset about 2 less mission so you can compensate by xp bonus?
    Funny.

If it was me, I'd say give us more Fableds to compensate for that.

I also, do not care about less missions, this is end game sweaty content.
    Your getting 100% of the expansion catered to you, 0% is to non-end game, so be thankful you getting 100% to your end game.

Newplayer doesn't care about AP, they trying to level to max not start at level 1 again for kicks. Easily done, just create a new character. They don't own anything that is time consuming and they want it carried over.

Be thankful, you get all your achievements and AAs as in the heroic ones carried over and not have to do them again.

Timesinks, gone because carried over.
    Just get to max and there you quick and easy timesink.

Just do the missions over and over again for your xp. On the end game full set of raid geared box toons. Even non box can PL, this game everyone seems to PL themselves.

It's not like your 1 toon, Live players are usually box teams.
    Consider boxing if need be too.

Anyways xp is making the timesink even less.
    Hardly any timesink there with retaining everything.

Xp bonus to beat the game, all personas max? What you gonna do now? Timesinks are done, very quickly. Week 1 done.

Give us more content now.
  20. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I'm at the point now, I get more excited about the rare bonuses than the XP bonuses.