Alternate Persona Tip Window - Swapping Personas Requires Fast-Camp / Starting Zone

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tuco, Nov 24, 2023.

1. Tuco Augur

[IMG]
    Nennius, CrazyLarth and Tatanka like this.
  2. yodo Augur

New Monk movie next week so they got that at least.
  3. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Because....?
  4. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Awesome, thanks for the tip! That's show was always a favorite in our house :)
  5. Svann2 The Magnificent

Because its not ready for prime time, AND it will likely incur excessive customer support headaches.
  6. Metanis Bad Company

I don't disagree with you, but I doubt if the impact on the CSR team is a real consideration to them. Because CS will just "flex" by taking longer to solve issues.
  7. Angahran Augur

When has that ever stopped them?
    WeCameWeConquered likes this.
  8. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

CSR costs are a huge motivator, things like Advanced Loot to eliminate ninja looting, not leaving items on corpses so they never rot, and the whole First To Engage system.
  9. Faydark New Member

I don't see in the screenshot anything about character flags (does not say they are shared or not shared). It does say Keys are shared, but what about non-Key based progression flags that are based on Achievements?
    It does say that Quests and Tasks are shared, but it also says Faction is not shared - what happens with certain Quests and Tasks that are not repeatable but reward once off Faction rewards required to progress with other following content?
    I also don't see a mention of Achievements anywhere.
  10. Velisaris_MS Augur

Progression achievements are probably lumped into quests and tasks...it's just not written very effectively. Once again, a properly written FAQ about personas would help to squash a lot of guessing and speculation.
  11. Pimpmobile Journeyman

I'm just about ready to get a refund on this expansion. It's turned out to be a major disappointment. I was excited to be able to level a cleric, or druid, then go on another low level persona and run around with a newbie group, swap to that buffer persona, buff the group, then level with them on the alt persona.

Can't do that. For some reason DPG does not want us having quality of life improvements and it's just another sign that they have their head buried in the sand rather than listening to what the players actually want. They had a perfect opportunity to encourage people to buy alternate persona slots and now they're just a complete waste of time and money. There's little to no reason to invest in this feature, especially on TLPs where you have to travel all the way back to your home city just to class swap again. As others have pointed out, it's easier to make an alt, then camp and swap, than it is to use this feature.
    Micker99 and Zunnoab like this.
  12. uberkingkong Augur

It will go live.

Their Project Manager is letting the developers know, and showing them the charts.
    You are behind, you should be here, it has to be done.

Developer gets angry, they start doing beastmode work when a few days or day of the deadline.

They just been chilling/procrastinating, its beastmode time for them when a few days until the deadline.

Yall went to college right?
    You get that assignment a month ago.
    Hows it coming along 2 weeks before deadline?
    Thowing ideas, thinking of the approach.
    1 week? Just chicken scratch?
    2 days, got the intro paragraph done.
    1 day? 60% done
    1 hour before its due. 90% done (but that 10% missing is like 40% of the grade)
    10 minutes before its due. 100% DONE!

Samething AP.
    Its gonna get done. It will be ready.
    Its beastmode time for them.

The teacher aka the Project Manager is letting them know, telling them just like how teachers tell everyone realizing they haven't started yet and got a lot of work to do.

Only one thing you can do.
    Go beastmode.

part of the reason for being in beta. You gotta QA test, its not just go have fun. Your a QA tester in beta thats your purpose.

being in beta isn't about figuring out raids so you can beat em all day 1.

QA testing thats the purpose of beta, do your role too.

IF its not ready primetime, why, did you not report it, did you report all the leaks to make the alternate personas bulletproof?

YOU didn't do your job thats why its not ready for primetime, you too busy enjoying and having fun in beta. Your suppose to be a QA tester

Go ham on reporting stuff.

The developers are in beastmode, keep the reports coming, QA test thats your role, go ham.

How many things have you reported?
    You haven't reported anything your not doing your part then.
    report report report

if its not ready its because beta community aka outsourced QA testers didn't do good job and when they do their own final QA testing and find all these bugs.

Who failed, ya'll failed. So go ham, its on YOU.

These developers are going beastmode don't be blaming them.
    Your fault you didn't report you didn't QA test good enough.

If you ever been in the military you'd know the saying
    rather get yelled by some nobody aka get all these QA tickets/tasks

rather than get yelled by high ranking person that decides they have time for you too to let you know about it. aka customer support tickets and they get sent up to high ups and bad stuff rolls downhill.
    Customer support, did we solve issue?
    No let me talk to your manager or the project manager I need to let them know unacceptable, disgrace, all bad words. They think they gonna calm me, wrong, I'm gonna rile them up.

So do your part, report reportreport. Your playing beta. Have you reported anything are you checking are you QA testing?
    Your just figuring out how to beat raids day 1 year after year past 10 years. Your part of the problem then. Not doing your role too. Beta in for a reason. QA test it.
  13. Crashdummy Elder

Okay, first order of business is to be sure that there are a lot of Phone Booths, spread across the lands, for quick changes- step into a phone booth, press Quickie Change hotkey, and head off to new task. Second is to alt persona my druid to new druid race, so I can set new bind points. Lol, it may be a useful addition to the game, but, it is probably not intended to be a major thing. Have not seen if the number of persona can be reclaimed if drop one from use.
    Nennius likes this.
  14. Mikana Augur

You only get one of each class per toon, so if you're already a druid, you can't make a druid AP :/
  15. demi Augur

anyone know if the fellowship clicky will share a CD timer with persona's ?
  16. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

It will not go live and that has nothing to do with the testers.

Yesterday personas were still vanishing, still having wrong spells in spell book and many other issues are still happening that were reported when Personas were put on beta 9th November.

Hard to do consistant testing when the persona you created the day before no longer exists. Also hard to test when the beta server is down at weekends.

Expansion is now in design locked so they are not going to be doing anything major. The last update we had on code changes was 16th November.

The players testing have not failed the coders have.
    Scila, Velisaris_MS and Captain Video like this.
  17. Scila Augur

ukk - we did report it - again you are clueless so stop rambling
    Nennius likes this.
  18. WeCameWeConquered Elder

They can't even complete the promised FAQ, much less the feature.
  19. Flatchy Court Jester

Not even interested in it tbh.
  20. Angahran Augur

Only interest was being able to switch to druid/wizard to port to camp, switch to rogue/bard for double invis or SOS to get to camp, then switch to main.

But they killed that by restricting switching to fast camp zones.
    Micker99 likes this.