Confirmed Veil of Alaris - Raid Evolver and bonus evolving item XP

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Notafel, Nov 26, 2023.

1. Notafel Journeyman

Category: Quest [Can Repro]
    Date/Time: Sun Nov 26 22:43:26 2023

Character: Level 95 Bard (Main)
    Zone: Palatial Guild Hall

Description: Bonuses which effect Evolving Item Experience can cause the Veil of Alaris raid progression book to fail to flag for further tiers, resulting in needing GM attention to fix (of which they aren't guaranteed to do).

My guild started VoA T2 progression (Valley and Sarith) the same week that the Extra Life bonuses enabled. Our Record of Stories progression item evolved into a Record of Lore following the Valley and Sarith raids. Since then, we've been unable to request any T3 raids, despite repeating wins in in the second Tier. Per guilds who completed progression before the bonus, only 4 Wins (2 cycles) of T2 should have been required to progress to the next tier. We are currently on 8 wins (4 cycles). I suspect there may be a hidden flagging process that got blown passed due to the bonus evolving item XP.

Conversations in the #aradune channel of Discord have made it more apparent that this is a widespread issue, and it was brought up that Oakwynd evolving item bonus may eventually trigger the same issue.

List of 54 affected characters all on Rizlona server:

Felinis
    Krogoth
    Diometrius
    Scathis
    Dostya
    Valorah
    Intimidator
    Buzzsaw
    Biggbertha
    Vulcano
    Thirsha
    Kirenna
    Nahnah
    Rxrex
    Dbldee
    Ithurtz
    Fatenugly
    Fibgirl
    Gainus
    Bardass
    Dyxie
    Hylokty
    Seawin
    Fatale
    Bigpappatrey
    Astley
    Zoozaa
    Elfdale
    Elprezidenty
    Foufoot
    Garuth
    Dundack
    Furrman
    Ollaes
    Manadan
    Vallet
    Dredzilla
    Warhatchet
    Ramalama
    Healzyouz
    Naedyin
    Tigglebiddies
    Yanko
    Zaazzoo
    Puissance
    Traxxu
    Jekyno
    Anothen
    Brussel
    Repis
    Sipes
    Jham
    Kaera
    Nutcase
    Abbye-DW, Barton-Vox, Jalarm and 11 others like this.
  2. Penelo Lorekeeper

Can confirm with my guild as well. List of characters affected that we are aware of so far that this has impacted. They have their book at 5/5 but are showing unflagged for Sepulcher. 5/5 evolved on the book is the ONLY requirement to be able to zone into Sepulcher raids but they are unable to because their 5/5 book is bugged. Many of them show full completion of all the raids when they click the book and they have clicked the book at the end of multiple additional raids of the lower tier zones to no avail.

We even piggied them in to our kills of Sepu 1/2/3/4 and had them click books there, and it didn't change their flagging status.

Brendana
    Laeenya
    Shigaraki
    Peenlers
    Oubar
    Pigglet
    Terribard
    Stellablue
    Karalinia
    Nastynate
    Soaan
    Fifthrate
    Flappyhands
    Salzash
    Baconlegs

Please manually fix people if you can, this is hampering guild raid progression in a pretty major way for a few different guilds.

Penelo - Guild Leader for Vets of Norrath - Aradune
  3. Kirynn Enchantress Of Aradune

I can also confirm without a doubt, that I (Character Stellablue on the list) clicked my book every single raid and achieved a 5/5 Progression Book. We have 5 weeks left in this expansion, please consider escalating this so everyone can join our raids in this TLP era. Thank you~
  4. Brendana New Member

Brendana - Aradune Server
    Clicked book in every VoA raid. Get the following text when clicking to add to this post:
    Mon Nov 27 10:54:52 2023] You begin casting Recount Your Deeds.
    [Mon Nov 27 10:54:54 2023] You find the following deeds within your book:
    [Mon Nov 27 10:54:54 2023] You have destroyed the Avatar of Steel.
    [Mon Nov 27 10:54:54 2023] You have silenced the Herald of Oratory.
    [Mon Nov 27 10:54:54 2023] You have defeated High Priest Vyers.
    [Mon Nov 27 10:54:54 2023] You have confined Oseka's spirit within the pearl.
    [Mon Nov 27 10:54:54 2023] You have killed the King of the Beasts and restored order to the Beasts' Domain.
    [Mon Nov 27 10:54:54 2023] You have defeated the avatars of Splendor and Decay.
    [Mon Nov 27 10:54:54 2023] You have defeated Vsariard, construct of the four wards.
    [Mon Nov 27 10:54:54 2023] You have defeated the Herald of Oratory and survived the Cacophony of Power.
    [Mon Nov 27 10:54:54 2023] You have defeated the rulers of Erillion, City of Bronze.
    [Mon Nov 27 10:54:54 2023] You have defeated the forces of Light and Dark.
    [Mon Nov 27 10:54:54 2023] You have rescued your Alaran allies from Oseka.
    [Mon Nov 27 10:54:54 2023] You have defeated Fumerak the Quintessence.
    [Mon Nov 27 10:54:54 2023] You have silenced the Voice of Ryken.
    [Mon Nov 27 10:54:54 2023] Your legend has reached Sarith, City of Tides and the Valley of War.
    [Mon Nov 27 10:54:54 2023] Your legend has reached Rubak Oseka, the Resplendent Temple, and the Beasts' Domain.
    [Mon Nov 27 10:54:54 2023] Your legend has reached the Pillars of Alra, the Windsong Sanctuary, and Erillion, City of Bronze.

Have received response to CS ticket, have been told to bug report this.
  5. Morn New Member

Rampage World Tour also experiencing this issue during out alt raids. Repeating the raids did not resolve the broken flags. Requires GM tntervention to fix this please.
    Notafel, Nahnahamyene and Penelo like this.
  6. Kobrah Augur

Confirming as well on Aradune. 19 Characters unflagged for sepulcher despite clicking books after each event and being present for all raid wins.
  7. fakenames Journeyman

I can also confirm this. Me and two other people on rizlona have about 30 people with broken books and are unable to raid sepulcher. we were all at the same kills and clicked the same book so the other 22 people being flagged is weird
  8. natbad New Member

I can also confirm this. My characters are bugged and can't enter the raid properly even though they should be able to. I submitted a petition for support and they said to post here.
  9. Penelo Lorekeeper

Yeah it was totally random who got hit with this and who didn't. We have people with toons that clicked the exact same raids on the exact same toons, and 1 would be flagged and another wouldn't. Sometimes both would be flagged. 0 Rhyme or Reason that is apparent from the outside on what caused it other than 'extra-life' bonus evolving exp interaction with the book broke it.

It has been confirmed to me that CS has fixed at least 5 characters that had this issue, so they are 100% capable of fixing this on a person-by-person basis and are choosing not to at this time. I assume they feel their time is better spent waiting for a patch to fix it which could take? month(s)? week(s)?

It is very frustrating because this is preventing over half the guilds on two different servers from finishing content.

Can they hot-fix the raid requirement flags on all tier-4 events to not be required in the meantime? That would short-term solve this problem.

Penelo
    Notafel and Nahnahamyene like this.
  10. fakenames Journeyman

csrs told me no on fixing everyone i dont blame it its 30 toons.

hopefully its fixed in the dec patch but i doubt it. looks like no sepulcher for alot of people. atleast im flagged to do t4s some guilds are stuck in t2s

I dont see how a patch can fix it either pretty sure a csr manually removing and adding the flags or giving everyone a new t4 book is the best solution
    Nahnahamyene and Notafel like this.
  11. Ngreth Thergn Developer

I have sent customer service instructions on how to fix this issue specifically for Veil of Alaris raids. I do not have their timetable on the fix.

As for the underlying issue, I can confirm it happens, but I am still researching the solution.
  12. Kobrah Augur

Do you know if deleting the book and evolving a new book would remedy the issue or is it some hidden flag with the characters themselves?
  13. Abbye-DW New Member

I am having the same problem on Aradune (as is the rest of my guild) with a lot of characters. We entered Tier 2 with our alt raid and have come spectacularly unstuck with none (except some who may have attended a main raid) being flagged beyond tier 2. The next problem is that I'm told we can only get the fix applied if we are 5/5 - well, most of us are 3/5 or 4/5 with no fix in sight!