The future of EQ due to these issues...

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Pimpmobile, Nov 28, 2023.

1. Pimpmobile Journeyman

I really hope Angeliana and the Devs read this, because their inaction, excuses and lack of communication may have dropped them into a hole they can't dig their way out of.

With WoW's Seasons of Discovery coming out in just days, I suspect there will be (if there haven't already) a surge of sub cancellations for EQ. It's been weeks since the AAs have been broken, and it took them a week of knowing about the exploit to do anything, let alone send out a communication with nothing but excuses and shifting blame onto the community for "not reporting through the proper channels" or some nonsense.

The worst part is, they're going to be pushing a new expansion out in a week. How are we to trust a company to get an entire expansion right, when it can't even deliver on what should be relatively basic features of existing servers. I think if there was at least some communication and perhaps some compensation for the inconveniences caused by these issues, some of that trust would be restored, but I'm not feeling confident about the future of this game now.

We'll see what happens, but the clock is ticking and time is running out. DPG, do something if you actually care about your company's future, because it's clear Blizzard cares about their customers a lot more than you do about yours.
  2. Xeris Augur

Why are you posting concerns about the new expansion in the tlp forum?
    Corwyhn Lionheart and minimind like this.
  3. Kratois007 New Member

bye have fun playing blizzard games nice knowing you pimpy
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  4. Pimpmobile Journeyman

Did you actually read the features of the new expansion? They affect TLPs as well.
    Joules_Bianchi likes this.
  5. coltongrundy Augur

I just cancelled 6 subs, but don't you dare give WoW credit for that. I wouldn't be caught dead playing an Activision Blizzard game.
  6. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

Minor correction it’s called Season of Dads.
  7. Pimpmobile Journeyman

I've already had 3 guildmates quit for WoW. You can hate it, but it's a reality that many people still enjoy it.
    Joules_Bianchi likes this.
  8. Biggz New Member

i dropped 2 accounts. pretty sad too, since oakwynd was my first experience back in ~20 years. i dont care if others cheat, have bot armies, farm picks, sell looting rights, etc. but i sure as hell am not gonna be paying full sub price when theres people out there with bags FULL of krono stacks. I was really enjoying myself this time around, was in a top tier guild and was slowly getting some nice BiS pieces for my SK. maybe next tlp. i was convinced to try new world. i gotta say ive really been enjoying it, even the community is pretty chill.
    Draslin likes this.
  9. Oscig Elder

Cancelled two subscriptions + some friends quit over the oakwynd thing. First TLP they've played, left a very negative experience, highly doubt they'll be back.
    Draslin likes this.
  10. Labzeh Lorekeeper

I've Closed 5 subscriptions due to this and now about 20 of us are preparing for SoD Friday. It seems like each year the eq experience is getting worse and worse, it's hard to want to invest time, effort and money in it anymore. The nostalgia far exceeds the current experience unfortunately.
    Dre. and Draslin like this.
  11. Monkeychunks Augur

Doesn't matter how many subscriptions a player closes or how you think the company should be run.

They will do what they do and there will still be people playing.

I realize TLP players think a lot of themselves and their servers but they may want to take a look at FV- that server is mad crazy with many chat channels so full that you can't hardly get into any of them. Talk about over populated!!
    code-zero likes this.
  12. TLP_AgentsForChange New Member

Canceling 4 due to xp rate for AAs and the economy.
    Dre. likes this.
  13. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

The rash of "gimme gimme gimme what I want or me and others will quit" from "new member" posts, ah, always refreshing and original.

Just like "cancelled my 57 accounts" posts from the same dozen names that claim to do so, who probably don't pay for any accounts and just troll the forums.
    code-zero likes this.
  14. OldTimeEQ1 Augur

The other extreme is to bury heads in sand and say the game is thriving and pretend that no game-breaking issue on a TLP (not FTP Servers) can put a dent in the population.

I would take posts from people saying they are leaving over those who say it's sunshine and unicorns and trivialize any major issue, but hey that's just me.
    Skuz and Velisaris_MS like this.
  15. Oscig Elder

cope
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

P.S. my friends got refunds on their most recent monthly payment for mentioning Oakwynd's mismanagement in their support request. So some of you might want to give that a try if it caused you to quit.
    Dre. and Skuz like this.
  16. Pimpmobile Journeyman

Where to start on this.

First, "New member" simply means the person hardly posts on the forums, regardless of how old their actual EQ account is, but then of course you already knew that with your expertise and aren't just being arrogant and judgmental without reason.

Second, the whole "gimme gimme gimme" is wanting a game I actually pay for to function as promised. If you went and bought a vacuum and all it did was blow out air and make a mess, would you just say "Whelp, this is what I'm stuck with I guess." and not demand that the situation be fixed by the people who made it?

Also, if you've been paying a half-bit of attention, you'd see I'm not the only one that feels this way. The entire server of Oakwynd royally pissed about both the AA and the dupe exploit. But by all means, stand high and proud on that pedestal you placed yourself on. The only people that should be defending DPG in this situation is...nobody, not even they can defend their own actions (or lack of).
    Dre. and Joules_Bianchi like this.
  17. FranktheBank Augur

If you are unhappy with EQ, you should absolutely quit. What you shouldn't do is pretend like WoW is a competitor. The people going to play SoD were always going to play SoD, and honestly, playing other games is fine. FF14 has stated that they arent looking for you to play only their game or to stay subbed or w/e, and I think that's a good mentality to have.

There is nothing EQ can do to compete with WoW. It's basically like me going for a run and comparing myself to Usain Bolt.
  18. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

^^ this guy gets it

Personally, I'm just tired at all the don quixotes out here.
    code-zero likes this.
  19. Oscig Elder

Yeah, how dare customers complain about how awful the game they love is being managed.
  20. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Someone doesn't understand about tilting at windmills....
    code-zero likes this.