Is there version of EQ2U for EQ1?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Tinkrbelle, Nov 26, 2023.

1. Tinkrbelle New Member

Is there a website for looking up characters and guilds for EQ1 like there is for EQ2 with EQ2U?
  2. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

You can try Magelo, but I personally don't know anyone that maintains even a basic character profile there anymore.
  3. Riou EQResource

No, the EQ1 devs never extended it out to EQ1
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  4. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

Magelo requires manual input of your items, et. al. and doesn't get them automatically from a database linkup/dump as EQ2U did (does?). But, if you want to spend the time to select all the items your character(s) has and update when you get a new item, it does a reasonable job of letting you have an offline appraisal of your character and even seeing what items would be upgrades... up to the point the site has been updated with new items.

When I was playing on Oakwynd, I started using Magelo on one character to figure out what I might want to try to chase for.
  5. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

Unless something has drastically changed, with a paid Magelo sub you could download the auto-updater they have, and never have to manually input anything.
    Grove, Aanuvane and Nennius like this.
  6. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Correct, and even un-subbed, you can still use the Magelo Sync feature to update your purchased AAs, along with level, guild, things like that.
  7. Grove Augur

There used to be an official site, however, it was disabled and taken down. It was through that I determined the holder of the character-name one of my characters had to defer to (received an x suffix) on server consolidation, had not been in game for a really long time.
    There is no way for us mere players to see that information any more.
  8. Crashdummy Elder

9. KarmaKitty Augur

Well, they own the data and have full access. They could do some interesting stuff. Maybe as a perk.
  10. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

They did originally intend to bring the service back with the features that were available to EQ2 and other games, but it never came to pass due to the amount of work required. But perhaps, after all the upgrades are done to the EQ code base, maybe it might work at that point without all the extra work that the original one required to get it to work and update.
    KarmaKitty likes this.
  11. Vumad Cape Wearer

There have been numerous posts with incorrect information about Magelo.

EQ.Magelo and Raidloot.com both support the features you are asking about but you will likely have trouble finding people.

EQ.Magelo has a premium subscription which supports automatic syncing. Only premium accounts which are synced with the tool will show when clicking rankings. I am not 100% sure on the accuracy of the statement because that is a change from how magelo used to manage rankings and I only recently became aware of that change. I am not sure how it works to search for non-premium characters, but updating those characters manually would be challenging and very few people would do that. People are obviously subscribed to magelo because their information likely wouldn't show up on the rankings if there were not premium synced.

Raidloot.com syncs with an upload of the character inventory file. You can use it to track your character gear and augs, but I'm not sure about searching for characters or comparing rankings. If it has those tools, I am not sure how to search for them.

Neither of these tools have a method to contact the player who owns the character.