Why does Conflagrant Platinum only get rewarded from Overseer if you are subscribed?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Juzam_Djinn, Nov 27, 2023.

1. Juzam_Djinn Elder

I've recently been making Conflagrant armor for pets on some alts accounts I used Kronos on and wanted to restock on Conflagrant Ore, so I started doing Research Overseer tasks. When logging the last one out last night I noticed that it had a stack of Conflagrant Platinum on it, something I had never gotten from doing these Overseer tasks. I've thought it was odd that I never got Conflagrant Platinum from them despite all the other Tradeskill ingredients coming from them, and how it is listed as coming from the Overseer system on Alla's / EQT.

Quickly looking at the reward window for other expansions, I didn't notice any difference b/w my main account or an alt account that has subscription time with other expansions. The only thing that is different is Conflagrant Platinum. The only difference I can think of right now is because they are subscribed.
  2. Aanuvane Augur

Just to check - you are comparing the same level quest right? one account isn't at L2 and the other at L5?
  3. Soulbanshee Augur

Yes, it shows on my all access reward list, not my F2P reward list for 6 hr and 24 hr quests.

I can't remember if this is something posted as designed or what.
  4. Soulbanshee Augur

Nevermind
  5. Juzam_Djinn Elder

Yes, they are the same level and same quests. Even if I weren't comparing them to my main account, they never got Conflagrant Platinum in the past.
  6. Brickhaus Augur

You should bug report it.

We've never been told that the membership level would affect the Overseer rewards.

(And yes, I am confirming that my Silver toon sees the same thing as you ... or rather does not see ... conflagrant platinum as part of the Ring of Scale research reward)

Edit - It will appear at the bottom of the list of things from RoS in an all access account, but not in a silver or ftp.
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I would hazard a guess it has to do with the Alternate Currency like on the Loyalty Vendor.

F2P and Silver are not allowed to buy bags of plat from loyalty vendors. Ergo they would not get Conflag Plat from Overseer.

I can guarantee that they will just tell you they are working on it as they have told me in the past when I bug reported this and the fact that not all Silver accounts get 5 quests as they are supposed to and a couple other discrepancies. Just like not all Silver get the right amount of loyalty tokens each week.

8. Juzam_Djinn Elder

Conflagrant Platinum is a Tradeskill component, not money.
  9. Velisaris_MS Augur

I don't think you understand what Conflagrant Platinum is.
  10. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Yes, I do know. And I know how the game's naming system works. Reference when they turned sand DOLLARS into biscuits. The same naming issue is where I went with this.

Think out of the box. :)
    Rijacki likes this.
  11. Barton-Vox Fizzlethorpe Rules !!

Ngreth fixed this once before, that fix included (iirc) not getting any conflagrant platinum on any accounts after the fix all accounts got conflagrant platinum for awhile not sure if they decided to change it back or it broke again.
    I would bug report it
    Rijacki likes this.
  12. Juzam_Djinn Elder

I don't know when he fixed it, but I know I've never gotten any in like a year of doing them off and on, since I have 500+ silks / hides / ores.
  13. Drencrom Beimeith's Supervisor

Absolute gibberish to avoid admitting what you posted made no sense and was wrong.

As usual.
  14. Barton-Vox Fizzlethorpe Rules !!

I posted the relevant patch notes in your bug report but was logged in on an account that has not been forum approved yet so it is awaiting mod approval if it is not up in a few hours i'll repost them on this account.
    The original change was allowing all accounts to get overseer collection, tradeskill, etc rewards then like a month or 2 later conflagrant platinum was added to the RoS tables and it worked for awhile then it broke and only all access accounts get the conflagrant platinum if it was an intentional change back it was not mentioned ? So I would guess it is a bug
  15. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

"giggle" :D Your so sweet, I missed you.
    Nennius likes this.