Thought Horror Overfiend

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Pushka, Nov 23, 2023.

1. Pushka New Member

Category: Items [Can Repro]
    Date/Time: Thu Nov 23 09:03:10 2023

Character: Level 85 Rogue (Main)
    Zone: The Deep

Description: I've killed this guy solid for 6 months, he has never dropped his belt of marvelous visions, i believe his loot table has been broken since fabled event, please look at.
  2. Brickhaus Augur

People on Alla have reported longer waits for the belt. I've had longer waits for things myself (first Vulak rod comes to mind ... then of course 3 in a row after the first ... )

Why do you think Fableds have anything to do with this?

A dev can check the numbers to make sure it's not zero, but they aren't going to spawn THO (or any mob) dozens of times just to see a drop. You're just going to have to trust the process.
  3. NyteShayd Elder

I got mine after 16 months of regular kills. I feel you.
  4. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Drop rate is 4% over 101 recorded kills on magelo. When you said you've killed it "solid for 6 months" how many actual kills does that include? It would take over 100 kills before you start to approach the "statistically unlikely enough that it's probably bugged" realm of things.
    NyteShayd likes this.
  5. Fenthen Living rent free in your headspace

NyteShayd likes this.
  6. Tunare's Tree Hugger New Member

Took me about 8-10 months to get mine...

Spoiler: It you hunt him during anniversary event, belt will drop with a much higher rate. Maybe every other kill or once out of three.
  7. Gnomeland Augur

Why spend so much time on this? You could get 50% haste from the lizard scale belt and that's guaranteed every kill.
  8. NyteShayd Elder

It's most definitely not guaranteed, although the drop rate from the Queen is substantially better. Getting those damned shimmering scales to complete the quest is a chore.

That said, while the CQB belt is better, especially for not having a stamina buff component that won't stack with shaman buffs, Gates of Discord is considerably harder than Luclin is, CBQ isn't available in an Agent of Change instance, and the duration of the haste buff is much shorter (even if it's better).

The Stanos' gauntlets Fenthen linked are a much better choice for rogues than the THO belt, since they're the same buff without the STA buff portion, same duration as the THO belt, and a thousand times easier to get a hold of. Warriors get Kizrak's Gauntlets of Battle, and Berserkers get Jymall's Gloves of Frenzy.
    Fenthen likes this.
  9. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Cragbeast Queen has AoC instance. It's pretty trivial to get
  10. NyteShayd Elder

Serves me right for not checking first.