Foraging

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Beaztly, Nov 25, 2023.

1. Beaztly New Member

so I made a new account with a heroic druid just for foraging and fishing so I can get stuff for the lovely tradeskills. this is a silver account (for now). I've noticed that there are some things I cant seem to forage or when I mass kill mobs certain items wont drop that will with my box team.
    Does being a silver account block items from dropping or being foraged in older content or content in general? or do I need to bring it to gold account to get these items?
  2. Aanuvane Augur

It might help if you gave examples. But in my experience as long as your foraging skill is high enough, you should be able to get things (anything on the forage table) when you forage. Are you sure you're in the right places/zones for what you seek?
  3. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Nope
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

You do not need a Gold account to get different forages or get different drops. The only thing that affects foraging is AA, the zone your in and item modifiers.

There is no requirement for your account to be any status for drops. They drop or they don't. Its called RNG (random number generator) and players cuss it out daily.

Because the druid is a Heroic you did get all the AA to level 85 (even on a free account that will happen) but it did not include those extra forage AA. And I don't think you can place any AA in forage now as your over the cap for F2P AA. This is going to really affect your foraging in the future. The lower forage will restrict what/how often you forage.

At this point you can increase your skill by using something like this:
    [IMG]

Old zones like LDON, DON etc are often farmed for old rare forages so it being an old zone would not matter.

What and where are you trying to obtain? And what is your forage skill at?
  5. Soulbanshee Augur

There are some (old) forage items that are reported to require a min skill level to get.
  6. Iven the Lunatic

And there are a few thing that do require a low forage skill. Like some of the crabs in Abysmal Sea.
    Nennius likes this.
  7. Aanuvane Augur

Crabs are fishing, not forage - but yes, in order to successfully fish crabs and tuna 1 - 4 lbs in AS (or other GoD zones) you need low fishing skill.
  8. Velisaris_MS Augur

Give us an idea of what items you're trying to forage and we'll tell you how much of a pain in the backside it is to actually forage them. :D