Bring volunteer GM's Program

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Tribbious, Nov 23, 2023.

1. KimchiGoddess Augur

That's literally not the reason, it was already posted in the thread lol.
  2. Oscig Elder

The UO lawsuit was because the UO companions were expected to perform a service — help new players upon login — rather than doing so voluntarily.
    I don't think EQ guides have ever been required to do anything.
  3. Brontus EQ Player Activist

Back in the early years, the EQ Guide Program worked very well as far as volunteers guides assisting GM Admin with investigations. Yes, there were a few bad apples but they were outliers.

Since then they emasculated the guide program and now they have no authority do anything meaningful that could assist GM Admins an an investigatory capacity.

We can't even get a dedicated "Suggestions" sub-forum like Lord of the Rings Online has for these forums, so I doubt there is any urgency for Darkpaw to do anything at this point. EverQuest will continue to decline until there is nobody left playing and it's not because the players didn't care enough.

The sad thing is that when EQ dies, the jobs of all the people that work at Darkpaw will die with them. So it's in the best interests of Darkpaw employees to be fighting to keep this MMO alive.
  4. Brontus EQ Player Activist

As a Senior Guide I was involved in many investigations of player misconduct. Senior Guides had far more commands than Guides. But we had nowhere near the power of GM Admins who could summon mobs and create items for rewards for questions and invasions.

I think the answer is to hire more GM admins to police the servers, but ensure that they are based in America and not located in an offshore call center where English is not their native tongue and ensure that they actually know what EQ is and how to play.

MMORRGs were always meant to have online Gamemasters. Imagine playing Dungeons & Dragons without a dungeon master? This idea that gamemasters are not required is short-sighted and foolish. Blizzard adopted this stance and this was a big mistake. Whenever people are involved you need supervisory staff.
  5. Beardsy Elder

Nah the last thing we need is some psycho's let loose trying to enforce rules that don't exist.

What we really need is those guides that used to do the ornament quests for seasons... Where's my turkey legs this year? Super disappointed we didn't get any chance of getting those on Mischief this year... Hint: Do it for Christmas please and thank you =)
    code-zero likes this.
  6. Oscig Elder

I miss my old server gamemaster. I wonder what he's up to these days.