The Best of the Best

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by sephrok, Aug 14, 2022.

1. sephrok New Member

Hey everyone,

I'd love to start cataloging any information I can find on any of the BEST OF THE BEST tournaments. From my understanding is that there really isn't that much documentation out there... yet.. these were some of the FIRST titles given to players having to REPLACE their last name.

I won the Ranger Best of the Best tournament as the underdog vs. I believe Vis Maior Ranger and I had to give up my last name, Horrithorn to become; Sephrok the Pathfinder.

Anyways...

I'd love to get an ALL IN ONE DOCUMENT of ALL OF THE INFORMATION OF EVERY BEST OF THE BEST WINNERS on EVERY SERVER we can. If i'm an idiot and this is listed somewhere please educate me immediately :p

These were the first titles given out in the game, ever, i believe. And i stand true to having earned the title as the pathfinder still to this day.

I will check back here periodically and maybe we can find/compile a list of BOTB winners for each servers/classes :)
    Veteran_BetaTester likes this.
  2. The real Sandaormo Augur

Not sure anyone would keep that information, so far removed from the modern game. PvP is an unbalanced mess as it is Today.
    Maedhros and Fenthen like this.
  3. Nightops Augur

search on youtube, (best of the best everquest) they have some old videos. I remember most of them being on there and just saw the warrior, rogue, and monk clips from 2000 on a quick search now. They have some Project 99 stuff too, and a lot of other non-eq garbage these days, but im sure you can find more if you look through the results.
  4. Nightops Augur

5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

6. Sobmre Augur

7. Nniki Augur

8. Juzam_Djinn Elder

9. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

CrazyLarth likes this.
  10. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

11. Charbilindkes New Member

A Kunark or Vellious-era Tournament was won by Olyander (wood elf warrior).

A Velious-era Tournament was won by Israfel (human bard).

Both were given the titles “Champion of War.”
  12. Quacks New Member

13. fransisco Augur

sk harm touches, match over.
    How do you fight that?
  14. Quacks New Member

You know, I think in the rules for the BotB Harm Touch wasn't allowed to be used. I know you couldn't use any clickies (jboots, pumice, etc).
  15. Wulfhere Augur

BoB was mostly level 50 tourney before Luclin and AA. Harm Touch was resisted 99% before those AA by anyone with PvP gear.
  16. The real Sandaormo Augur

Best of the best warriors back when video was so bad you can't even read the names.
  17. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Bloggz built me a computer way back then, before I knew how to do it myself!

It was incredible just to get in-game recordings back in those days.
  18. Laberintica77 Journeyman

My friend Caylen and I probably did one of the first recordings of everquest , in Sleepers tomb , using a VCR output and transferring to a PC..

19. Quacks New Member

Oh wow that's awesome! I love watching all that old stuff. Anyone got any more? =D
  20. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

One thing I use is ( for fun ) Magelo. eq(dot)magelo(dot)com
    When you get on the page, you are doing well. You can filter to your sever. Top 10 (world wide):[IMG]