"-responded with the urgency and gravity-"

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Sammi, Nov 24, 2023.

1. Sammi New Member

2. Olestra Elder

canned response means nothing
    Raptorjesus5, Velisaris_MS and Sammi like this.
  3. Oscig Elder

4. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

JChan really needs to step up and show some leadership, and stop being so invisible. It’s not good leadership to let your staff take the heat.

Thanks for at least posting something, Angeliana.
  5. Covfefe New Member

enough with the rollback requests, it's not going to happen.
  6. FranktheBank Augur

Man, even the "apology" is inadequate. There is zero acknowledgment about it taking a week from when they were told (or that they decided the gravity of the situation should be allowed to continue for a week). The only fault admitted was that the non communication, nothing about even letting it go an entire day after it became widespread.

Crazy has tonedeaf this is.
  7. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

The posted response was ready prior to my posting of it, however, I was enjoying the last remnants of my time with my family over the holiday. I posted it once everyone had left, my apologies for not having posted it earlier.
    Brontus, Fuzzbutt, Herf and 4 others like this.
  8. Oscig Elder

My apologies for making such an assumption then. I hope you enjoyed your holidays.
    Cidran likes this.
  9. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

I did, thank you. I had this week off, but will be back to normal hours beginning Monday and will inquire to see if there is anything else I can find out that can be shared.
    Brontus, Cidran, Sammi and 1 other person like this.
  10. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Not your fault the message was late.

However it is a bit more than a day late & a dollar short, I am pretty sure the team are by now well aware that a big chunk of trust has been lost over this issue, the Darkpaw team have let down its customers on multiple fronts this expansion cycle.

1. Content cut from the expansion with no decent up-front warning or explanation & zero efforts put forth to the players of any plans to rectify the situation.

2. A main selling feature of the expansion hobbled by crippling restrictions on its use, solutions to concerns could have been sought from the community, I have offered my own to the concerns about 1 specific type of abuse of the feature and I am sure others can put forth workable suggestions also if consulted.

3. The lack of action in a timely fashion regarding a serious exploit that has wrecked the economy not only of the server it started on but the wider game & possibly even some spillover effects into EQ2.

Taken individually each one of these issues is bad enough.

Taken as a whole they are a sign of a malaise that needs to be rectified, EverQuest's players have been more than dedicated for decades, they have been loyal to a fault some even defending the bad decisions and making up excuses for poor service & bad faith management of the game, largely I feel this has been down to poorly resourcing the game that has been the bedrock, foundation & largest source of company pride & income for years. I don't personally hold the developers responsible but those above them, and they need to take heed that things need to improve.

The customers deserve so much better than this.
  11. Sammi New Member

Don't worry, JChan will be back to pose with a plastic utensil soon enough!
  12. Ruiner Elder

Holy cow - If Skuz is going after dpg then you know you really messed up. Hafta agree though, really worrying signs of things to come if this is the trend going forward. They knew about a dupe bug for days, perhaps even a week and LEFT THE SERVERS RUNNING. Just let that sink in for a minute on how catastrophic that decision was. If they shut the servers down immediately which is very standard procedure for dupe bugs then they could have easily saved the economy. They still had options even after that but refused to execute a rollback. Noone would have complained with a rollback and 200% exp/loot buses activated. Instead we get no rollbacks, and a response that really didn't address half the issues of the whole debacle.. and we still can't get legacy exp AA activated.. how many devs does it take to adjust an exp formula man.. it's been weeks.
  13. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

If they banned all the accounts that did the dupe, and traced the platinum and krono trades with it and deleted it all, would be fine, but too much work, so just leave it as is I guess.

Glad I couldn't care less about the "economy" on this game, but its pretty pathetic.
  14. brickz Augur

Not seeing the urgency since I personally witnessed 6 hours of absolute clown show with people running around passing out millions of duped plat. If all bad actors have to do to ruin the game is do it after normal business hours then there's a problem
  15. HaroldBishop New Member

Greetings Traveler,

We would like to thank you for reporting this suspected violation of our policies, and for helping us enforce our Terms of Service and Code of Conduct. This situation will be investigated and if it is determined that there is a violation of our policies, appropriate action will be taken. As with all cases of inappropriate behavior, we cannot give out information regarding the actions taken against another player's account, as this information is considered to be private.

If there is anything else we can assist you with, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,
    HaroldBishop
    Everquest Playerr
  16. HaroldBishop New Member

Why does this thread have Dev tag. Last I was told that devs don't deal with customer service related issues?
  17. SheepDog New Member

I'm not usually one to lurk on the forums, but I wanted to at least throw my opinion into the mix.

In my professional career I have managed and overseen numerous development projects, and the issues / gotchas that come along with them.

On the surface, with the information that I've been able to gather from the forums and third party news sites (my permanent home is the Test server - b/c it's the best), my knee-jerk reaction is that DPG / DBG (whatever or whoever is running EQ these days) is understaffed...in a bad way. In a 24x7 game, with thousands upon thousands of active subscribers, you make sure that there are managers (in this case, Community Managers) on call, at a minimum, over holidays to ensure you can communicate with your subscriber base effectively and in a *timely* manner. Whether this was, or was not, the case here we will very likely never know.

What we *do* know is that communication was not timely, or seemingly effective. Without further explanation from the governing development studio, we can only extract / extrapolate the conclusions that have already been stated here and in other threads / articles.

As players (I've been playing since retail release, off and on) we DO need to understand that sometimes the issue is not as simple as "change that xp equation" or "just track down the transactions and delete them." Cascading code issues are a real thing, and many people fail to realize that, or willingly ignore that aspect, of issues like this. Not excusing what happened at all, or the reaction to it, but giving my *professional* thoughts. Server rollbacks are a decent idea, but you end up punishing more people than just those that were directly involved in the exploit if you do that.

It's a tough spot to be in - for both players and the development studio. But, I can stand by that the response SEEMS to be anemic at best, and borderline dismissive at worst.

In an event like this, where the economy is wrecked on servers that have a combined total of 100's of thousands of player hours poured into them, communication needs to be transparent, swift and from the TOP down.

Just my 2 cents. Whatever happens, I'll be happily ignoring platinum on the Test server and doing my thing, enjoying the game.

EQ is different, has a special sauce that other games can't replicate. Let's all remember that EVERY ONE OF US has tried to quit this damn game a hundred times, and always come back. Because we love it.

"This too shall pass"
    Windance, Frags, Jahfy and 1 other person like this.
  18. TLP Addict Augur

SG farmers hardest hit, any plans to compensate them for hyper inflating their plat farm away?
    Aziuno likes this.
  19. Velisaris_MS Augur

A thread gets the "Dev" tag if a dev posts in it, regardless of thread content.
  20. HaroldBishop New Member

Oh Angelina is a dev now?