Alternate Persona Tip Window - Swapping Personas Requires Fast-Camp / Starting Zone

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tuco, Nov 24, 2023.

1. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Its almost like they took away all the pros for AP & left all the cons.

What a complete and utter waste of Klanderso's time. All they ended up creating was a system that is actually worse than making Alts.
  2. Velisaris_MS Augur

Yes...exactly!

Once again, all they need to do is just turn on the Legacy/heirloom code for all servers and apply the Overseer achievement code to all achievements, and boom...you're exactly where APs will be now...with the benefit of not having to re-level and re-gear your "alts".
  3. Szilent Augur

Personas, presuming they work, will have all the Hero's Fort/Vit/Reso that you as the player have earned. And Banestrike ranks from accumulated Slayers. Journeyman's Compass ranks from Explorers. Tradeskills. Trophy slots & trophies from Collections. Rare drops like Grow & Bind Sight clickers. Fancy quest rewards like Brell's augments and an Artisan's Prize with the full stats you've earned as a player instead of just the stats one is willing to grind for each alt. If one is a raider, there's several augments & items that have lasting value, plus, strikingly, "alt" access to the main character's stockpile of currency.

The Persona system will be of great benefit to the alts. What it doesn't appear set up to do is be of great benefit to the main character, which was a mistaken expectation pretty much invented by players.
    Ndaara, FawnTemplar and Zalamyr like this.
  4. code-zero Augur

Absolutely useless if this is how it's going to work. As of now I see no reason to buy LS outside of the level increase and I can play just fine without that for a while
    Appren, Skuz and Micker99 like this.
  5. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Only use is so you can main switch in a raid guild without having to start over on some things. Waste of time.
    Moege, Yinla and Skuz like this.
  6. Tatanka Joe Schmo

How do you figure that?

It takes 30 seconds to get OOC. Now if you swap to an AP, and don't pick up any agro, you don't even have the 30 second timer to swap back.
  7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

5 minutes for NPC's that have a raid tag which is pretty much every raid mob and mob in a raid instance.
  8. Tatanka Joe Schmo

So, < 1% of the AP swaps which will happen. Fringe case.
  9. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And the post you responded to was posted in response to someone talking about swapping in raids which is how the 15 minutes came up.
    Knifen likes this.
  10. Knifen Augur

92.538% of statistics are made up on the spot.
  11. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

So glad we only get 2 group missions and 1 less raid in order to work on this feature.
  12. Micker99 Augur

I have to assume that is a typo and not correct. On beta it's any zone and that really would be the only way this would have any use or worth any effort for personas. That would go from an amazing new feature, to garbage, in one swoop.
  13. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Posted in response (so you say) without quoting it, so how am I supposed to know it's referring to raids?

Edit - LOL, nevermind, figured it out. On a hunch, I brought up the thread, but logged out of forums. His post did have a quote, from a user I ignore, so my screen showed no quote at all, or that there was a quote.

Current forum s/w shows an empty post from someone who is ignored, with the text "you are ignoring... etc, etc", but you know the post is there. Perhaps it should show the same for quotes :)
  14. Knifen Augur

It was quoted in the same post you took my line from, he prob just assumed you saw the quote, it was a pretty big quote.

Thou you might perhaps have that person blocked and not see the post, it was about wanting 6 hour raids and what they wanted to do in them.
    Tatanka likes this.
  15. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Yep, that's what I replied, probably at the same time you were posting this :)
    Knifen likes this.
  16. yodo Augur

It's been discussed on the forums and in discord where devs replied to other things, if it was wrong they've had plenty of opportunity to correct it. It's right, at least for now. Hopefully after hearing how most people seem to be against it they rechange their mind.
    Micker99 likes this.
  17. Tweakfour17 Augur

While I think this work around is a giant waste of time, it would work. So why even have the restriction? Now you're penalizing people who don't have a fellowship or enough players/boxes to place a fire. Seems silly.
    Thats an assumption, its not clear. It's probably correct, but an assumption none the less.
    Maybe they should have give us a bit of insight into how it worked then before everyone made mistaken expectations, especially considering the way we expected it to work is how it actually works on beta before, during and after this tool tip came out.
    Appren and Skuz like this.
  18. Velisaris_MS Augur

I believe they stated something to the effect that the "swapping in any zone" thing wasn't necessarily set in stone and that it was subject to change.

Honestly, putting the limits on it is exactly in line with what Daybreak does...swapping on the fly, anywhere, was just WAY too beneficial to players. No one should be surprised if the restricted zone ruleset is how it works when the expansion drops.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Randomized like this.
  19. CdeezNotes Augur

You can't make a fellowship in POP.
  20. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Are they actually gonna screw up persona's and make them worthless to most people?