So, that's it? A hotfix and no rollback?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Xerzist, Nov 22, 2023.

1. FranktheBank Augur

If the rollback wasnt done on day 1-2, it wasnt gonna happen. Which is just a shame that we can't get any sort of enforcement. It's gonna be great when the 7-14d suspensions are up for the egregious offenders and their plat and/or items are still intact.

Any other decent game would see a massive economy exploit and roll it all back. They used to have metrics per server on plat, I guess they don't anymore.
    Erekai, SnapVine and OldTimeEQ1 like this.
  2. OldTimeEQ1 Augur

Of course the deafening silence and zero communication is not helping.

Not to mention, the emergency fix apparently didn't work. Someone posted in the thread on veterans lounge, and guildmate said his depot still having the issue.

Apparently reduced stack size is what that fix did? We will never know, refer to first sentance of this post :-(

I have seen one developer games have more communication than this.
    Kennebec and Erekai like this.
  3. Draslin Journeyman

My account is from March 1999. I have never used an exploit and never will - losing my original EQ account would be devastating for me. I don't use any third party programs that mess with the client or packets - hell, I don't even abuse broken pathing or zone geometry for an advantage.

I have purchased many Krono. When TLPs come up, I go hard and whale on them. Not only because I enjoy playing EQ and its first couple of expansions before things get really slow and complicated, but because I have loved this game for a long time and it's been good to me, so I buy some Krono to show support and to keep EG7 interested in funding this living museum.

I have stayed with EQ and supported this game through thick and thin - from the abuse and tyranny of the pre-instanced raid scene in pop, the disaster of gates of discord launching untested and the boycott. Stuck with this company through EQ2's disaster launch, through the parking lot party for the Vanguard team, through Planetside 1 getting retired and replaced with a terrible battlefield clone. Even through H1Z1. I'm not sure I can stomach this.

It is an outrage that, once again, the overwhelming message from this team is "go ahead and cheat, we only enforce rules selectively". I feel a little betrayed and I also feel that the game is irrevocably compromised by the complete lack of response from the team here. Are they playing Pantheon pre-alpha and too busy to deal with the fact that they introduced a broken feature that requires significant intervention to repair their latest and greatest TLP?
    Metanis likes this.
  4. Velisaris_MS Augur

Once upon a time, in the early years of EQ, they would actually bring the servers down immediately upon learning of some bug/exploit that affected the entire game. And they would stay down until the problem had actually been fixed and the offenders dealt with. None of this "we'll have to wait until the next monthly patch" crap. They used to give a damn.

At some point in the last decade or so, they've given up trying to protect the integrity of the game.
    Erekai, FranktheBank and SnapVine like this.
  5. FranktheBank Augur

I know this is ancient history, but it's along the same lines - Back in the day, the GM 'ran' a server. A lot of the long time players remember their server's GM. One thing they used to track is how much plat is on the server, how much is coming in, etc.

While it's [probably] not feasible to have that now, completely ignoring these metrics is also awful.
    Lawyer and Velisaris_MS like this.
  6. Muramx Augur

The biggest problem is they knew it was happening and didn't do anything. It was all over other EQ forums, youtube, in the EQ discord and they tried to bury it. They let it happen for the 18 hours it got out and people were going nuts with it, instead of pulling the servers down. had they pulled the servers down rolled them back a few hours and patched it this problem wouldn't have been anywhere near as bad as it was.
  7. Torga Journeyman

Why would they? Krono sales (DBG store, not third party) were the highest its been in years. Be happy DBG is making money so they can keep making great content for us.
  8. Muramx Augur

Yeah, wreck all the TLP's economies... sounds like a real money-making idea when people leave....
    I can tell you have never owned a business or been at the top of the food chain anywhere before...
  9. Torga Journeyman

Maybe you never had sour employees who had a lot of knowledge about your business. But it's ok "Top Dog"
  10. Muramx Augur

Na, it's just pretty obvious you have no idea what you're talking about. I Mean you assume DBG was selling Kronos from the marketplace while this was going down. I am curious as to your source on this as that's something that isn't released to the general public. Anyone with an ounce of knowledge knows that a vast majority of the Krono in game comes from 3rd parties and they are recycled from RMT, exchanged for plat then bought back for $$ in a cycle. No one was buying Krono in BULK from DBG and waiting the 24 hours to get it.

Making it so the newest server goes from people having 100k being wealthy, to being sub 10 million means your broke in an 18 hour period is not good business. Not to mention all the AFK traders that had all their hard worked for items and mats picked off, so people could flip them for 300% more. The only people happy about this are people like you that abused what was going on and made out like a bandit.
  11. Torga Journeyman

Someone's bitter. Economies go up and down up and down, learn to go with flow so next time you're not so devastated like you are now. Also where is your evidence that more people buy Kronos from 3rd parties? Just because they are cheaper is not proof of evidence.
  12. Oscig Elder

13. Torga Journeyman

14. Tulisin_Dragonflame Augur

This is nonsense. There's completely reasonable expectations of economic fluctuation based off of the various in-game inputs. Nobody can or should plan for overnight hyperinflation based off of a bug.

It'd be like if you woke up tomorrow and gas was $700/gallon and people just said "yeah man the economy just does that sometimes, just fill up your tank before you go to bed next time".
    Kaenneth, PotatoPowa and jeskola like this.
  15. Torga Journeyman

You are all forgetting this is a game and there are no real life consequences by disrupting economy unlike "The Real World".

Now you will probably just go and say "When Daybreak loses half their player base Yada Yada Yada" that it affects them. But let me tell you something it won't. And people will still play. And if it does somehow make it that people leave, The Next TLP will be the best thing since sliced bread. And for all of you saying I'll never come back, I laugh at, because you will.
  16. Oscig Elder

Many people lost real world money when their kronos were bought using ill-gotten plat and in the ensuing hyperinflation.
    Players shouldn't be expected to assume the risk of exploiters, that's the job of the developer.
  17. Torga Journeyman

It's a game people lose far more real world money on investments daily. Get over it and enjoy the game. Don't focus on the economy, focus on playing the game. Or go farm resources and sell them now since everything is inflated. If you focus 100% of your time on the economy, you are going to be disappointed and have unnecessary stress added to your life.
  18. Oscig Elder

I get the feeling you benefited from this situation.
    Draslin, PotatoPowa and Velisaris_MS like this.
  19. Torga Journeyman

You sound like the hedge funders when they lost money when Gamestop was shorted but reversed by a bunch of Redditers
  20. Oscig Elder

Did the fed print trillions of dollars and hand it out exclusively to the redditers?
    If so, maybe an apt analogy!