Alternate Personas ETA?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by DillyBar, Nov 19, 2023.

1. Mikana Augur

Yup, that's just killed the feature :/
    Gaylon likes this.
  2. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Seems they do with many new features, make something about it which makes it worthless (or close to it).
    Gaylon likes this.
  3. Velisaris_MS Augur

And THERE'S the Daybreak we've all come to know and love. :rolleyes:
    Tatanka and Gaylon like this.
  4. Chorus Augur

Yep, I'm with you on this one. I took my scrub group, didn't use any xp modifiers, nor overseers, just straight combat xp fighting mostly yellow con mobs and it took 22 hours a level. Add in that other stuff, and you can do it much much faster. It simply isn't the issue people keep pretending it to be.

If my scrub group can do it at that rate, my main group with 1 or 2 ride alongs can do it in 10-12 hours somewhere, easy. I don't see that as unreasonable, and most of the people complaining about it do way more DPS with their groups than I do.
    Randomized likes this.
  5. Moege Augur

Please post where you are seeing it, just checked and did not find anything to indicate this.
    Found it in the help section of the inventory window and alternate persona tips.
    -- bleh
    Just dropped the priority on leveling a persona to near zero.
  6. uberkingkong Augur

Scrub group and doing yellows isn't a combo buddy.
    Especially if they are yellow to people 110 and higher.
    Thats TBL etc mobs.

The mephits would clean house with any scrub group within 10 seconds.
    Especially if they yellow to you too.

Actually yellow to 110 is ToV/CoV, scrub group, not a decent group, not a great group.
    Scrub group doing yellows at 110s.

They have over 210k HME buffed? not a scrub group then.
    There was a poster that had 175k HME.
    175-210k thats pretty average for someone who is just making it to that level range.

Big difference between having a max toon and easily beefing your alts.
    Compared to, first time here. Finally got to 110. Finally got to 115.

Thats why AP, is big benefit for end game players they have no issues getting to max level.

Doing achievements again? Timesink for both.
    Honestly doing achievement again is a good timesink for end game players.

But having newplayer/returner have to level all over again, they just made it to in reach of end game, but nowhere geared and what not, 0/98 heroic vitality.
    Leveling again as a newplayer/returner, long long long time. They'll get to 95 and start to burnout.
  7. Randomized Augur

Everything about this is wrong.

Yellows to 110 start in RoS before TBL, 2 before ToV, and 3 before CoV.
    A scrub group going into yellows at 110 would be the 150-175k range (and scrub group just means not optimized, so mixmatch of classes / gear / augs).

And it's super easy to gain heroic stats just by leveling. The "fastest" route offers about 5-6 ranks alone. Again, go play the game and stop pretending like you know how it works.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  8. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

[IMG]

If that's how they are going to roll out Personas they just killed all my excitement for it & obliterated any value this expansion held for me.

The expansion just became the worst in years in terms of value for money, a cut in expansion content coupled with a key selling point that just got chopped off at the pelvis.

Darkpaw, you should be bloody ashamed of yourselves, you got me excited for a minute before you resorted to your stock in trade - disappointment.

I feel sorry for Klanderso working so damn hard on this just for the feature to be crippled by whoever decided this was the right direction to go in, her work has been disrespected by this imho.

Imma put a fork in EQ while I open the FFXIV website, time to stop hoping Darkpaw is ever going to get its collective act together.

Enjoy the money I spent on LS Darkpaw, it will be the last you get from me.
  9. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casualâ„¢

I just remembered why I stopped buying expansions so long ago. And here I was, hoping and all that. My mother used to say, "Hope in one hand, and poop in the other, and see which gets full first."

So glad I didn't upgrade to the big expensive version like I was planning.
    Micker99 and Skuz like this.
  10. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Stein to PoK, switch persona, campfire back. Will this not work?
  11. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I'd like to see this restriction lifted. Maybe an OOC timer that allows Personas in any zone.
  12. Bernel Augur

If you're in a fellowship with 2 others at the camp, then this would be a quick way to swap and get back to camp. But if you're not in a fellowship with the others or there's too few fellowship members, then you're out of luck.

Fellowships seem like one place where APs would be useful even with the lack of quick swap. If you're in a fellowship that is capped with members, APs will probably be good for you. You can add APs to the fellowship members and use campfires for quick swap. This way you can get more capability with your fellowship even though you're at the cap of members. But based on the scope of work required to implement APs, it doesn't seem worth it for this marginal benefit to fellowships. That kind of benefit could be achieved simpler by raising the cap on fellowship members or by letting groups place a group campfire.
  13. Randomized Augur

And take note that you can only use the campfire once per hour. So if you use it to do a quick swap for persona, you're still going to have to make the run back if you need to change back from your persona for any reason.
  14. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Yeah this limitation on APs feels completely arbitrary, unnecessary, and artificial. There seems to be so little advantage to using an AP vs a regular alt or box.

WHYYY Darkpaw? :confused:
  15. Nennius Curmudgeon

A question we should all be asking. It seems like a hurried decision that can, I hope, be modified in the future.
    Micker99 and I_Love_My_Bandwidth like this.
  16. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

We'll always have Kaladim.
    Nennius likes this.
  17. Nennius Curmudgeon

Until next year at least when a new feature entitled Alternate Zone will be announced.
    I_Love_My_Bandwidth likes this.
  18. Iuwene Augur

Actually it is 15 minutes, but still...
    Tatanka likes this.
  19. Alnitak Augur

Because DPG has listened to me and complied! I will love my alternate personas (well, AFTER they will fix the bugs like disappearing inventory).
    I have no intent to switch personas "on the fly", especially in modern expansions, when most of playtime happens in missions and/or quasi-static camps. It's simple, really - I'll come home after work and will decide which class to play in which mission/group, select the corresponding persona and play my couple hours for the day.
    I am waiting to start using my zerkers and rogues again in modern anti-pet-tanking missions by rolling ranger personas. And reuse my neglected plate tanks as bards, and so on. I have plenty of alts with decent AA's and progression done, but not fitting my play style effectively. I'll roll them out as new personas an save a lot of development play time, something which became a deterrent lately to making more alts - progressions and flagging takes too much time comparing to leveling.
    And now I will rejoice!
  20. Randomized Augur

Is the refresh timer only 15 minutes on the insignia?? I thought it used to be an hour (sorry i haven't had a reason/chance to use a campfire since I've come back)