Somewhat Fustrated.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Stune, Nov 16, 2023.

1. Randomized Augur

You'd be surprised. I didn't think I would catch up so quickly but it really wasn't that bad. I also attribute that to them changing their leveling design to huge chunks added into achievements and quests.

But I guess it depends on where you left off and what content you missed out on. I got 1-2 characters to max level and then started leveling alts and taking different routes to see parts of EQ i had forgotten about or missed or never even knew about.

A year is a long time if you play consistently
  2. Evertrek Augur

i've been reading your silly posts for years. you're part of the problem. put down the copium pipe. there is NO way to level as a new player to end game without multiple accounts and lots of cash...

i started playing EQ in 1999. not my first rodeo dude. i understand Heroics and the money grab it was based on....
  3. Stune Augur

I left Live around 100 level cap. So, it was SOF? right after they nerfed the mage. So, years ago. Just started to play off and on TLPs. Too many accounts to be honest.
  4. Stune Augur

I might to be blamed for the Heroic characters many years ago when i posted about how cool it would be to have 85 characters with gear etc.. Sony or Brad or whoever ripped that from the forums and i could never find that post i made again. It was around when Vanguard was in development when Microsoft, Sony where in bids to join forces i think as a Publisher. Yeah i got many beefs with EQ back then.. Happened right after i upgraded all those accounts and powerlvled my arce off from 70-100 than they gave 85 heroic toons out on Live. I was floored. But who knows if that was seen by Sony then.
  5. Randomized Augur

[IMG]
    Wanna try that one again?

Sure there is. I did it just fine. It's called groups. Being social and proactive goes far in this game. And having a better attitude than what you've got now definitely helps.

If you've truly been reading my posts then you'd have noticed the threads where I talked about my leveling path, the time it took me to level, and even a few screen shots of my /played time and the respective level I had made it too.

Cute attempt though.

Sure they're a money grab, convenience always is. But you asked WHY the game would provide such a skip. Which proves you don't understand it at all. At a certain point, earlier/old/low level content becomes irrelevant. No one is playing in those ranges. Happens as games age. As such, they offer, for a price, a convenient way to skip all of that. It's not a new concept. But hey, now you know why they're offered.

RoF --> CoTF --> TDS, ish.

They nerfed Mage beaming back in RoF when they'd pull all of Evantil and Beam them down (beam didn't have a target cap at the time) and it would lag and crash servers. Think that was the same time they decided to nerf the proc rate on Headshot / Assassinate / Decap. I had quit a few years prior to that though. Right after VoA dropped.
    Cadira and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  6. uberkingkong Augur

Doing those quests at level.
    Is a different story

Doing those quests when those expansions are like 3 expansions behind, no one shows up in that zone anymore, there is no more groups forming for those quests anymore.
    Different story.

If your anti social.
    Different story.

Takes time for some people to become social, and if the game doesn't support a solo route, a route to bring people together.
    Bad game design.

Guild Wars 2,
    come back to that.
    What to do?
    Fractals.

EQ
    come back to this game.
    What to do?
    there is no dungeon etc that brings everyone together that has stood of tests of time.
    go back to roots, just go somewhere and kill stuff

no central gathering hub/dungeon/etc as in active players actively doing something.

EQ lacks
    EQ lacks in many many many things.

Just getting to the end game is one of the biggest hurdles in EQ.

EQ2 even does it better. WoW does it better. FFXIV does it better.
    GW2 you can get to max level just crafting.
    GW2 they have tomes of knowledge, getting to max level is not the game.
    Playing the game is the game.

EQ, some reason this game thinks leveling is enjoyable.
    Maybe back in 1999 that was the thing. But modern games, leveling is not the fun part. Doing the end game stuff is the fun part.

EQ doesn't have that much for the end game either.
    You max level now, now what.
    It's not like there is a dungeon everyone repeats for fun or something.

Other games, the raiding community isn't that big, its more casual too, you don't have to be a sweaty raider to do raids.

Pick up raids happen a lot more in other games.
    Meta events, 80+ people showing up doing a tough fight, happens a lot more in other games.
    EQ discontinued open world 80+ fights. Other games do it. Its a thing, its popular.

EQ back in the days we did the popular thing.
    Nowdays, catering to sweaty raiders, sweaty end game players. 100% past 10 years year after year.

No open no casuals can join in on some PUG. Gotta be sweaty when your at end game. Thats EQ.

It's pretty frustrating seeing the game, core vision was perfect, then altered altered altered. Into some sweaty end game game.

btw yes 90-120 is pretty nasty especially if your anti social, behind, doing those quests at level.
    Doing those quests at 120 is different story than at level. Molo because anti social.

Have you thought boxing? Boxing just to catchup and not burnout.
    Good game design?
    Have you boxing, boxing boxing.

They don't list the boxing UI's they don't have a sticky for the one to use. There is no youtube on perfect boxing UI to use and how to use it.

Think about boxing, but they not gonna tell you how to box at end game level. Boxing against ToV/CoV/TBL end you in 1 round mobs. No one cares about boxing at 1-90, 1-90 isn't the problem.
    Boxing UI? how to do? Which one?
    GINA? how to do?
    they don't tell you this, and this is end game stuff game turn into. Sweaty end game.

Autoskill needs improvement, you start AAs that have a 6 second cooldown. Need to put that on autoskill. Shouldnt need to make a macro for it. It's like bash, 6 or so second cooldown, autoskilled. Bard shout every 6 seconds, autoskill that tedious thing.

Play a modern MMORPG, its smooth nice, tons of other people because they too are looking a good MMORPG.
    Then you have EQ, sweaty, not many people because many came and many left. Very sweaty end game, tedious, long grind. By yourself because many came and saw and left.

They probably thinking ugh why torture myself.
    EQ isn't hard its long grind, timesink. People aren't looking timesinks.

They looking challenge, interaction, roleplaying, ways to showoff via pvp or other ways.
    MMORPG
    FFXIV has pvp
    GW2 has pvp
    WoW has pvp
    ESO has pvp
    .... has pvp
    EQ no pvp 49/140 wonder why

Other games have have have
    EQ does not have. 49/140. Most expansions, yet doesn't have what other MMORPGs have.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...ev-time-personas-vs-real-improvements.293148/

You have the most expansions and are very far behind other games, good use of time?

People whining about more zones more zones more zones.
    Other games, expansion 4 zones. Added a lot of features nice things to the MMORPG to keep it alive.

EQ more zones more quests more raids
    Other games, expansion, 0 raids.
    EQ 49/140
    other games top 10 top 20.

Tradeskill depot? Other games did that long time ago, mostly free for everyone, QoL feature. Not no gotta buy the expansion.

Wardrobe system, Heroes Forge. Anyone can do that in other games.
    EQ gotta buy loyalty tokens and what not and spend them just to do those fancy things.

Other games so far ahead. 5 expansions
    EQ 30 expansions. We got a ton of zones ton of quests.

Modern MMORPG its more about zones and quests.
    Other games, better STORY. A living STORY. Not just a bunch of outta nowhere, alternate dimension fluff for a story.
    Other games you can follow the story, EQ its one time alternate dimension. CotF only happened that time. SoD only happened that time. TDS only happened that time.

Pretty frustrating still here playing EQ and watching it continue.
    EQ3 cannot come soon enough.

Back in 2004-2009, never raided, tons of players meeting that never raided as well. Never see raiders, too many casuals to even notice raiders.
    2023. Oh looks its a raider, of course its a raider. Where is everyone. Oh there is one person here, ah its a raider.
    The fruits of past 10 years year after year 100% end game, sweaty end game focused. Where everyone go?
    They was here they saw they recognized and they left.
    Keep doing the same thing, expecting different results. Yeah good luck.
  7. Randomized Augur

No it's not. Most everyone's done them at level. Myself included.

No it's not. There's over 100+ people on right now on an off hour on a Holiday that are between levels 110-115. I had no problems getting people to join groups in those level ranges for ToV missions.

Not sure why you're playing a group based MMO if you're anti-social. If you box for these reasons, well, then there really isn't a different story as you should have no problems doing these quests as you have your own group at the ready at all times

Not having a solo'ing route is the route that brings people together. And it's fine if it takes awhile to become social. In that time you can learn your class and the game before actually needing the help of others.

Level, Tradeskill, Hunters, Alts, TLPs, epics, etc etc etc
    PoK is a central gathering hub

Do you even play the game?

You've made so many bad/wrong points that it's going to take all day to respond to each one so i'm going to stop here because everyone gets the point. You've been wrong about everything you've said.

Some people enjoy the leveling process. I do. I like making alts. I like learning characters and pushing their limits.

And for EQ at end game, you've got missions which are EQs version of dungeons that people repeat over and over. You'd know this if you actually played the game.
  8. uberkingkong Augur

If your boxing, and yes this game is a heavy box game.

Anti social or game makes it so you dont play with others.
    Then they call this a group game.

Should be called a box game.

I'll see even raiders they just box rather play with other people even their own guild.

You can tout all this stuff.

Also when I say end game not much to do. I'm not referring to the sweaty end game players.
    I'm referring finally got to end game, now what players.
    At level 120 with 225k HME buffed end game players.

I'm not gonna finding threads with them, they exist and end game can't do much what those stats. Besides go back to content 15 levels lower than you and start working on heroics for a very long time.

By yourself again.
    Just because your end game doesn't people are looking for people.
    People boxing, they aint looking for no one.
    LFG is 0 for everyone, its not 2-3 people 115+ LFG. Its 0.
    They boxing.

By yourself again.
    Overseered and max level, things are better. Wrong.
    Just /LFG, 0, enough said.
    Game design, all game design right there. They have LFG but game design makes it so no one is looking each other. People used to boxing or whatever.

Frustrating yes.
  9. kookoo Augur

everyday in firiona vie server i can see many LFG ( all levels ).
    so LFG is not 0 for everyone , i guess it depend on the server you are playing...
    Rijacki likes this.
  10. Randomized Augur

I'm pretty sure it's just him.

All these "no one in old expansions" - I've seen 20+ people currently in EoK, RoS has 30+ people currently...

But you can't tell that when you don't actually play the game and spend all your time on youtube trying to find some claim that EQ is bad
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  11. Stune Augur

this server i am on is dead. I am not about to start all over again though. I have enough Heroic toons to make a boxer group and then some. Oh and Rondomized thanks its been awhile since live, you are right.
  12. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

If it wasnt for dead zones there be alot of hunter mobs i wouldnt have so im not complaining. There are still some mobs i need that seem to be perm camped 24/7 probably some pling group or whatnot kinda annoying. Overseer has a way to get collection to bad there isnt one for hunters. Literally how many rares are in this game now has anyone ever counted?
    KushallaFV likes this.
  13. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

Thematically, it would fit with Military missions. Hunter achievements shouldn’t be viewed any differently than collects.
    Andarriel likes this.
  14. Randomized Augur

All servers are dead (for the most part) below level 100. But don't get discouraged!

What server are you playing on for live if you don't mind me asking?
  15. Brontus EQ Player Activist

I feel your pain. Starting new characters in EQ live is sad, lonely, and unremarkable experience. There's no community to speak of either. Part of the problem is that the developers refuse to update the newbie experience. That's why I will only start on TLP servers.

For example, the Surefall Glade newbie experience is sub-standard and scores an F minus in my books. There are barely enough mobs for a single level one character to level up on in Qeynos Hills at the tunnel entrance to Surefall. Many of them are yellow and red cons too. It's real shame because it could be a great zone for newbies. They've had 25 years to fix this. It could be done in a few minutes with some proper itemization of static spawns and patrolling spawns.

It's maddening that Darkpaw seems to have no interest in attracting new players to EQ. They are still using the crappy graphics for daggers, swords, hatchets, clubs, and staves that level one players will wield. A little effort updating basic weapons that newbies will use, would go a long way. But that of course is another pipe dream that will never be realized.

I believe there's a cap on experience that you can get from higher level mobs. I've powerleveled my own toons in the past and it seems to me that my characters are not getting the full experience that the mob should be giving. This disincentivizes people who want to try taking down higher level mobs and it lengthens the time that leveling up takes. If you kill the mob, you should get the experience with no artificial modifiers. Period.

I've never understand why SOE then Daybreak doesn't clearly spell out the exact number of experience points you get. Like most of the inexplicable sacred cow design decisions that seemingly survive 25 years alster, I'm sure it's something from MUDs that Brad wanted in EQ.

While I'm holding out hope for EQ3, given EG7's track record, there's a good chance it will never materialize. And if it does, who knows how many of us will be alive to play it. So it would be really nice to see Darkpaw stop cranking out expansions every year and instead just fix that they've already built.
  16. Brontus EQ Player Activist

If we did that then the forums would become even more of a geriatric echochamber than they are now.

To be honest, I like people that come here and post interesting stuff. They're not predictably boring and jaded yet so it's nice to see their enthusiasm for EQ still alive and well. Viewpoint diversity is powerful mojo that one should not discount so readily.

Why not go all the way and get rid of the forums completely? If I thought they were remotely efficacious then I'd be all for keeping them but let's be honest, given their track record, it's just a place to howl at the moon and blow off steam. It's like a virtual wishing well. Throw your pennies in the well and make a wish. Wishes don't come true in the real world.

Most MMO studios strive to have forums are places where players can dialogue with the developers. Those studios care a great deal (at least they say they do because it's good optics) about making both players and devs are engaged with each other because many prospective MMO players want to know there's an active community before they subscribe. Not so much for MMOs like EQ that are in maintenance mode, where Darkpaw is essentially preaching to the converted.
  17. CdeezNotes Augur

Do you even play the game or just forumquest? It absolutely says how much exp you get per kill. Task rewards show how much exp you will receive as well.

If you're going to post, at least try to be correct
  18. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Sorry it wasn't you they got the idea from for 85 Heroics. Level 100 came into the game (2012) a full 2 years before Heroics did (2014). So your PL was well over by then. And the free Heroic's were not until 2014.

They brought out Heroics to "bridge the gap" and because they could see how much money ($2,000 on some) players were making by selling characters on that well known auction site. Before it was against EULA.
    Stune likes this.
  19. Micker99 Augur

Wish they would do a 110 or 115 heroic now. With 125 cap, the Heroic level should be upped also.
  20. Randomized Augur

That's what the 100 Heroics were. They just came out last year. Theyre right on par with the 85 heroics and keeping the 20 level level gap to max level. Sorry, but you can't just purchase a max level character with full group gear. Youre actually going to have to play the game. Mob exp per kill doesn't magically get better at 115-120.