So, that's it? A hotfix and no rollback?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Xerzist, Nov 22, 2023.

1. Xerzist Augur

So, that's it? A hotfix and no rollback?

I don't think that is wise. Now you have people with 5 million + plat on Luclin for Oakwynd and Kronos are still going for 2 million plat.

What? So we just let the economy poof I guess. Roll it way back, and give 4 weeks of experience bonus like we had recently.
  2. Slaps Journeyman

5 Million ? talk about Billions if not Trillions.

Our Economy is gone, not to mention any other servers.
    Gio1999 likes this.
  3. Astley Augur

Some accounts are definitely suspended/banned while they sort the rest out. They may do more to punish accounts that exploited things, but for now, don't expect a true rollback.
  4. Xerzist Augur

Okay well I hope they can accept the exodus of players that will leave. Myself included. Such a joke. I'd rather lose 60 AAs and re-grind them or whatever other quest or thing I have done than just watch people never want for platinum again.
    BaoDur and Slaps like this.
  5. Deathcomestoall Lorekeeper

lol... looks like all they did was cap tradedepo to 99k that is all. I wouldnt quit right they maybe going down again... unless they think its ok for people to have 99k tradeskill items..... seen someone with 99k blue diamonds... I mean.....
  6. HicksSelos Elder

I was lucky enough to make a little plat from the wild inflation today - But, what about those that were not online? Or those that had traders offline with at the time high value gear (e.g. a cowl of mortality for 50k plat) which 50k now is worthless vs that item they had which would sell for more now.

Or maybe the guy who has been levelling and grinding to afford to buy a nice new item, which is now massively out of reach because its price has gone from 60k to 1.5m plat in a day.

How does todays fix help these guys, or is it a case of better luck next time?
    Boarum likes this.
  7. uk6999 Augur

Looks like it may be a wrap! GG! feelin cute, might try out next TLP.
    Gio1999 likes this.
  8. Slaps Journeyman

Cue the 25th Anniversary announcement
    Gio1999 likes this.
  9. BaoDur Journeyman

Imagine being one of the people that paid for krono and had it on the bazaar for regular price. You were pretty much robbed.
    Gio1999 and Slaps like this.
  10. Xerzist Augur

There is no other viable solution other than a roll-back of epic proportions.
    Gio1999 and Slaps like this.
  11. HicksOakwynd New Member

I was lucky enough to make a little plat from the wild inflation today - But, what about those that were not online? Or those that had traders offline with at the time high value gear (e.g. a cowl of mortality for 50k plat) which 50k now is worthless vs that item they had which would sell for more now.

Or maybe the guy who has been levelling and grinding to afford to buy a nice new item, which is now massively out of reach because its price has gone from 60k to 1.5m plat in a day.

How does todays fix help these guys, or is it a case of better luck next time?
    Xerzist, tanksfornothin and Slaps like this.
  12. uk6999 Augur

suspension's does not work in this situations only bans and rollbacks. I think we are past the point of them considering roll backs as they already brought the servers down once. I can imagine the number of people that abused that exploit so I cant see them doing a mass ban wave either. Keeping in mind all that plat and krono got passed around to different accounts, etc.

I never liked the FTE stuff anyways so lets leave that off the next server please. You can leave krono off it to while your at it.
    Cleofatra likes this.
  13. BaoDur Journeyman

Devs have posted comments stating there will be no rollback in the discord.
  14. Xerzist Augur

Alright well, bye. Can't condone that one bit.
    Gio1999, BaoDur and Slaps like this.
  15. Slaps Journeyman

You will not be the only one, this is completely unacceptable.
    Gio1999, jiri_ and BaoDur like this.
  16. OldTimeEQ1 Augur

So is Discord where dev communicates and not the forums?
    Lawyer, Bakedtendies and BaoDur like this.
  17. Herf Augur

Hey, Agnarr is still healthy, come on back!
  18. PotatoPowa Elder

Server borked. See you guys next year if there's another. Logging on now to parcel my stuff to randoms. Oakwynd had a pretty decent player base compared to some. FTE was a big win imo, much less stress and drama. Big sarcastic thanks to the asshats who ruined it for everyone (again).
  19. Ewaz of_E'ci Journeyman

I don't know why everyone is so upset. Unless I missed something I've seen no official acknowledgment of any kind of dupe or economy issues after a week of bringing them up. So clearly whatever drove up prices and money reserves is/was a legitimate effect.

If you continue to insist on spreading these bizarre conspiracy theories these post will need to be locked/deleted for spreading dangerous disinformation
  20. Erekai Journeyman

The way this was handled was completely, entirely, and fully insufficient. These economies are forever ruined, and the people who abused a bug/exploit are the ones who are going to be fine, and all of us who didn't participate are now screwed. Time to cancel my two subs and just use my last bit of Krono I have on my accounts, and then say goodbye to EQ. I can no longer monetarily support this incompetence.

At least they'll always have the botters and cheaters to keep them afloat.
    PotatoPowa and Slaps like this.