Good use of Dev time? Personas vs. real improvements!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Metanis, Oct 12, 2023.

1. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Only if your signed into the forums.

Ah, how many times have I been tricked into thinking there was an interesting post only to find that wall of incomprehensible rambling?
  2. Randomized Augur

Do you know why? Do you know what we get?
    How many levels do we get? 5
    What do returning players get? 125 levels

How many zones do we get? 6-7
    What do returning players get? 300+ (not to mention all the LDoN instances)

See a trend here...returning players get a lot more than we do.

Why not? I was gone for 10 years and did just fine without boxing. Level 85-120 in 3 months. Not that big of deal

Casual content is also beaten on day 1. Also figured out where to go and how to do it on Beta. Everyone has the same equal access to get ahead of the curve and learn things. And no matter what you say, casual content is easier than raid content. I can molo named mobs in casual content. Can't do that in Raids. Can't even get into raids by myself.

Spouting off more nonsense you know nothing of because you haven't gotten to max level, nor have you done any raids...or any group content.

He never claimed he was struggling. He simply asked what the best way to go forward was. Same thing with boxing. Wanting to box isn't a sign of struggling. Hell, I've gotten 3 characters to 120 in less than 6 months, all molo, no box. But I still made a Warrior / Bard / Rogue box team just to have fun.

Nowhere did he say he was struggling. Tedium does not equate to difficulty. Some people just like to be able to do group content on their own. No shame in that. In my time back and all the times i've grouped...I've found that my mercs do more dps than most of the players i've grouped with. While I don't turn people away from a group and always invite people if they're in the level range, i can 3 box more efficiently than inviting 2 other players to my group. Like i would 99.9999% not invite you to a group based off of your ramblings that show any lack of knowledge of the game, which would be a fair assessment to say that flows over into your ability to play your character well. Inviting you to my groups would be a charity case.
  3. Nennius Curmudgeon

You and me both.
    Skuz likes this.
  4. tsiawdroi TittyGOAT

Test the content to make it more challenging instead of easier. Ty
  5. Randomized Augur

So literally test things until they become unbeatable?

Thats your grand idea? Smart
  6. DeadRagarr Augur

Agreed. Typically things that are way overtuned to be "Super hardcore" get nerfed anyway. So it just means you would effectively be going back to fixing the raid post launch anyway, which feels like a waste of time.
  7. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

For me, its always function over form. When I test things, my primary focus is to make sure things are working the way they are intended first, which is why i, like others, spend countless hours reviewing the raids, writing up problems, and passing along detailed information to the devs so as to save them time when they get to the next one to alter.

Most raids historically get further tuned and adjusted even once beta is closed, and before raids open anyway. I haven't been part of a testing session yet where the subject of ease of certain raids hasn't come up, but to me, testing things like reset mechanisms, corpse gather, loot lockout conflicts, spells have proper messaging, mechanics themself work, that will always take priority, and I stand by my statement above - its a great way for people to get involved and ensure a smooth launch/raid open experience and far more productive then sniping at me on the forums.

Have a great day. See y'all on beta.
    Metanis and Randomized like this.
  8. Randomized Augur

This.

Doesn't matter how hard or easy the content is when the content itself is broken and can't be done in the first place
    -----Cinexa----- and Metanis like this.
  9. Metanis Bad Company

A guildmate yesterday mentioned account to account character transfers in conjunction with Personas.

I hadn't thought about that but it's true, the deep dive into character data should make it trivial for the same awesome Dev to create a script that Customer Service could use to move characters between accounts.

And that's something that could generate real revenue and make a lot of players happy!

I've had an alternate monk on my account since almost the beginning of EQ. If I could move him to a new account I'd do it. They'd get the recurring income from another subscription plus the service fee to move him in upfront cash.
    Trolgar and Flatchy like this.
  10. blood & gufts Augur

The thing about ap is, do you wanna risk your character for something that might be bugged.

Will they restore your chars if it is something that is bugged ?
    Nennius likes this.
  11. Nennius Curmudgeon

And just one reason why I will happily let others be the guinea pigs on this.
    Randomized, Trolgar and Velisaris_MS like this.
  12. DeadRagarr Augur

I am a gamblin man so prolly.
  13. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

[IMG]
    Velisaris_MS likes this.
  14. Necreta New Member

I vote for Personnel Improvement aka more Devs to fix very basic issues = more happy customers or better content to have more people actually play the game instead of the mass exodus that happens every year because people get fed up with just dumb problems that shouldn't exist or happen. I mean there should be a different team working on the new expansion versus the team that fixes things on the existing content. My biggest beef is the default to windowed mode that if you login to your character in windowed mode all your button UI layout gets screwed up and you have to spend time fixing it. The function of windowedmode=false still exists in the ini file and yet not used any more? I mean this seems like an easy fix for those of us that like to default to full screen mode.
  15. Cicelee Augur

Sometimes it is fun and cool to start the bandwagon, to be a trend setter. This is not one of those times.
    Nennius likes this.