Alternate Persona FAQ And Random Information

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Ghaleon, Nov 13, 2023.

1. DeadRagarr Augur

O.K. debate lord.
  2. Randomized Augur

All those "end of the road" zones lol I get it
  3. Randomized Augur

It's okay to say you don't have any actual response. It's the point of debates. I'd like to like the idea more than I do. Your opinion could change my mind...If you've actually got a response to my questions

If I've got you stumped, it's fine. Just say so
  4. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

Why does it have to be debated at all? You already know if it's something you will use or not. Nobody needs to justify anything, whether they will use AP's or not.
    Micker99 likes this.
  5. Randomized Augur

Then why did you put forth you input if it doesn't need to be debated? See how bad this cycle goes on by making a very hypocritical claim. "I'm debating it, but it doesn't need to be debated so everyone besides me or who doesn't agree with me should stop talking about it".

It's the point of the forums. To debate and discuss. Don't like what you have to say being shot down? Then don't say it, or come up with some good points. I have no problem conceding good points (such as Franks comment about what zones he'd use a Wizard/Druid persona for).
  6. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

LOL you didn't shoot me down, and I have been making plenty of good points, across all the variations of this thread, thanks.
  7. Randomized Augur

Ah my apologies, I didn't catch the name when I responded.
    What I said wasn't directed at you - aside from the "why should it be debated at all" portion :p
  8. Velisaris_MS Augur

For me, it's not a debate about whether or not it's a useful feature...it's about them wasting valuable dev time and resources creating something from scratch when the ability to make already existing alts more useful by using the coding that was already there, short changing the actual content of the expansion. The code to share gear and achievements across toons on a server was already there, and I'm pretty sure finding a way to share tradeskills between alts wouldn't have taken that much work. Certainly less work than starting from scratch.

No, they decided to build, from nothing, a gimmick to monetize instead of just using the existing tools to accomplish damn near the same thing with existing alts. To me, that's an absolute waste of time that resulted in less content for everyone.
    Randomized likes this.
  9. Randomized Augur

Could have made the important aspects (specific achievements, TS, flagging) account wide. Sure that would have been a lot quicker to do.
  10. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

Looking back over the years, I can see plenty of expansions that were light on content, and heavier on what people questioned as useful features. Things we all use to this day. Solely for monetization? I seriously doubt that. Taking advantage of something that CAN be monetized while trying to sell a light content expac? Oh yeah, I can see that.
  11. Beimeith Lord of the Game

It's not from scratch. It's built off the shroud system backend. Personas are shrouds, except they don't suck.

That's not to downplay all the work being done on the system. There was/is a lot of work that had/has to be done, but they didn't start from nothing, they had a mostly solid foundation.
  12. error Augur

Would be nice if there was some kind of exp sharing so you could grind AAs on an alternate class and get at least some of that on your main. Would give the system wider appeal to players who aren't interested in leveling an alt just for the sake of having an alt - it'd give solo options to players who main a class that can't solo effectively, and it'd let players more freely swap roles depending on group needs without foregoing character progression on their main.
    Tatanka likes this.
  13. Curley Journeyman

I just switched to a persona on beta and back to the 'main', lost all my gear haha. 2 weeks to release?
    Kaenneth likes this.
  14. Bernel Augur

Check all your bags. This may be an issue with just gear swapping. I've had this happen as well, but it's that the gear got put in my bags and didn't get automatically re-equipped.
  15. Mikana Augur

One nice use case is melee classes won't need Gate potions ever again, when they can just swap to a caster to gate out of wherever they've ended up :)
    Tatanka and Bernel like this.
  16. Bernel Augur

I plan to have a pocket Druid at 12 for gate, bind, SoW, invis and track. I'll probably eventually get him to 25 for the PoK port. It'll be a nice improvement for adventuring with my mid-level characters.
  17. Iuwene Augur

You are aware, that you cant buff your main with your AP on same account?
  18. Bernel Augur

Yeah, no problem. I'll switch over to the Druid persona and he'll SoW/invis himself and get to where I want my main to be. Once I'm where I want to be, I'll switch back to my Warrior or whatever for my main task. When I'm done, I'll switch to my persona and port/gate back home. It'd be really great if personas could buff each other, but I can still use them for a lot even if they are buff independent.
  19. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I almost posted the same reply, but perhaps he does know that. If you need to move faster somewhere, swap to the druid, SoW yourself, and run to where you need to be. Then swap back.

Same thing with track. Swap, track, see if it's up, if it is, which direction. Face that way, swap back.

But yeah, if he's thinking to buff the main with the persona's buff, that won't happen.

edit - LOL, he replied the same thing while I was typing ;)
  20. Curley Journeyman

Can just swap to a rogue to lockpick/sneak about nefariously?

But they need to be levelled on their own from level 1, right?