Feast of Giving Overseer

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Shawman_Tunare, Nov 16, 2023.

1. Shawman_Tunare New Member

I was doing the Feast of Giving line of Overseer quests, and I apparently succeeded on the Recruitment of Rodecet Nife, as I have his Unretireable Elite agent, but that quest is not marked as completed in my achievement. This has been the case for a couple of days, and I only realized it today after I had started the recruitment of Rodecet Nife quest and then had Rodecet Nife used as an agent in the very next overseer quest I went to do.

So either the Recruitment of Rodecet Nife quest is giving out its reward even on failing the quest, or the quest is not being checked off necessarily when a player succeeds at it. Regardless of which, this is an annoying bug since being forced to do the quest again means that you are stuck with an Elite Agent which you cannot use and cannot retire.

This is yet another reason why ALL seasonal Elite Agents, like Rodecet Nife and Santag Klaugg, should be made to be retireable like all other Elite Agents are. Alternatively, create an Elite Agent conversion quest which allows you to convert 3 Elite Agents into 1 Elite Agent of your choice; that at least would allow people to finish out their lists of Elite Agents when they only have like 1-3 left and they never seem to get them from the Rare Conversion, even after months of conversions.
    MmmmBop and Xyroff-cazic. like this.
  2. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Similar issue here. I've done Feast Fit For A Festival twice now, and I confirmed with chat logs that the quest completed successfully. It's still not marked as completed on the achievement (have logged in/out a few times and also linked myself with the achievement with Ctrl + click, so it's not just a display bug on the achievement).

Overseer keeps just offering me Feast Fit For A Festival and won't move on to the next quest in the line.
    [IMG]
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I have had this or similar to this happen with every special/holiday Overseer in the past. It works out in the end - have never had one not finish the whole ach.

Having to do a couple of them numerous times just seems to be the way it is.
  4. AethDW Elder

If you’re endlessly combining and not getting a few of them, please make sure those aren’t the three that come as a reward for getting level 5 in that group of quest lines.
  5. Velisaris_MS Augur

It's a bug that's been around since they introduced the seasonal Overseer tasks.

If you get a critical success on one of those tasks, the achievement box will uncheck itself the next time you log in (or perhaps when you zone), forcing you to do it again until you get a normal success so the checkmark will "stick".

It gets complained about/reported every time there's an event, and every time the devs ignore the problem.
    Xyroff-cazic., Yinla and Gialana like this.
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Maybe the devs ignore it because it all works out in the end?

I mean I have seen a lot of posts about it not checking off or checking off and then disappearing but I have not seen any one post that they eventually did not finish the entire /ach. They just had to repeat a couple of them.
  7. EasyButton New Member

Add this account experiencing bug.

Guess I'll continue in requesting Overseer quest until it checks-off. At least all those extra agents won't go to waste when I convert them to....

What options are available with duplicate Elite agents when character is max level, max agent?
  8. Velisaris_MS Augur

Retire them to echoes and then delete the echoes. Of course that only works with the normal elites...you're stuck with the duplicate event elites.
  9. CrazyLarth Augur

I all most did not do that Recruitment of Rodecet Nife --------thougt all the holiday overseer events were all 3 hour's now.. this one was set to 6 hours
  10. Velisaris_MS Augur

That's the only saving grace with this bug...they're so short now they can probably be redone in a play session. Which is probably why they reduced the timers on these...much easier to just make them shorter (and easier to redo) than to actually fix the problem.
  11. Shawman_Tunare New Member

Was able to finish it, but this bug is still needs fixed due to the fact that it rewards an unretireable Elite.

There is literally no excuse for any of the elites to be unretireable.
  12. Velisaris_MS Augur

They can't be retired because event agents can be bought in the store with real world money.

Much easier to make them impossible to get rid of than have to deal with all the customer service tickets from idiots who didn't pay attention to what they were doing and accidentally got rid of stuff they paid for.
    Nennius likes this.
  13. MmmmBop Wise Troll

Having a similar problem. I did the task to get Rodcet Nife and have him now, and I also completed every other task in the series, but I don't have credit for this recruitment quest. What's worse is that this task (along with the other recruitment tasks) do not appear to repeat once you are past it. Therefore, unless someone manually fixes the box, it will forever be an unfinished achievement line - even though I finished it.
  14. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Give Overseer a few rotations and that one will come back. There is still 3 more days to go.

Once I finished all mine they are repeating again starting with the first one. So yours just hasn't "clicked" into place. Keep an eye on it and do it next time it shows up which should be tomorrow.