Quest Help

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Mogley, Nov 19, 2023.

1. Mogley Lorekeeper

Ok so I have about 4 alts that I am doing old world stuff in Kunark since NOS is done. On Quest Concerned Citizens all of the have the quest, they all spoke to Harried Page, they all got the checkmark for it except my 120 Bard. All he gets is comments not pertaining to the quest while the others had to go Kattacastrum to hail a scribe of which every one else did. Bard is still in Lceanium still cant get him to say what he is supposed to say when sating "recommendation". Been sitting here going the text over and over now EQ day and night and still nothing. I really do not want to star it over again unless I have to. Any ideas would help thank you
  2. Randomized Augur

Drop it and start over. The only part of the quest you're missing out on is where you hail the page. Aside from that, you haven't progressed the quest at all with the Bard, so "starting all over" is only 5 seconds away.

And i know this may seem trivial, but does the Bard HAVE the quest? (you'd be surprised how many times one of my alts didn't get the quest until after I had completed something).
    Rijacki likes this.
  3. Mogley Lorekeeper

I will double check on that I may as well drop it and get it again. Thank you for the info
  4. Mogley Lorekeeper

No I dropped it and still the same thing
  5. Randomized Augur

Just double checking here. But you're talking to the concerned citizen, saying the keyphrase "task" right? Getting the quest.

Then saying "recommendation" to the harried page before getting sent over to Scribe Oastlides? After talking to the page, check your quest journal. It may be updating there but you're not seeing it follow through in dialogue
  6. Mogley Lorekeeper

Yes i have the task and then went to harried page to say "recommendation" and all I get is his responce "I didnt know slime could speak common." I did this with 3 other alts and they went through with flying colors. And I cant talk to the Scribe in Katta till I get the checkmark from harried page
  7. Randomized Augur

"commendation" is what you say to the harried page. Then it's recommendation.
  8. Febb Augur

What's your bards faction level with New Combine?
  9. Mogley Lorekeeper

Good question I have no Idea. I am in Lcenium working on Partisan mission. The other 3 SK, Dru and Rogue got it fine
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

You need to do a quest in Katta I believe. Most usually do the kill elements.

I suspect if you look at Katta on your other chars they have done a quest there.
    Svann2 likes this.
  11. Eaedyilye More stonehive bixies.

Sounds like your faction is shot. Better go work on that, it shouldn't take long to fix it. Go kill a bunch of sarnak.
  12. Iuwene Augur

Might be a faction problem. Sometimes chars seem to start with low faction with those Katta guys. My druid was even KoS initially for reasons I never found out.
    The insult from the npc you normally get if faction is too low.
  13. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

There is a window now to check all your factions. I use the eq button then character then faction. Or type in /faction. Then use search at the top and look up new combine.

Then you can cross reference to Allah on how to raise it. But, yes that is the message you get when your faction is not good enough
  14. Mogley Lorekeeper

Well it must be a faction thing, even tho I do not understand why it would be since my Druid, Cleric, Sk, and Rogue got it cleared but not the Bard
  15. Mogley Lorekeeper

Ok thank you
  16. Mogley Lorekeeper

So be it I guess I am on a Sarnak kill today then
  17. Mogley Lorekeeper

Would that be the Sarnak in Lcenium? Because that is where the problem is
  18. Soulbanshee Augur

19. Mogley Lorekeeper

20. Eaedyilye More stonehive bixies.

Any Sarnak in the EOK expansion. If you can get one of the forts in FM you're good to go.