Crafting should be removed from EQ.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Strawberry, Nov 19, 2023.

1. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I don't like to craft but I have no probs understanding that some do. In fact I rely on the fact others like to craft. :)
    Andarriel and Angahran like this.
  2. Xerzist Augur

I can honestly agree that it's a mundane system. I just don't expect much from Daybreak. It's like buying a goldfish, you get a few glub glubs and bubbles and the occasional moment. That usually satisfies most of my thoughts.
  3. Monkeychunks Augur

Everything in EQ is related. Its like 2 big cogs and on each tip of the cogs are features. So one tip has tradeskills, one has quests, one has overseer, and so on.

All these tips on the cogs interact with another cog (Think the entrance to POI here) and those tips have the same features but on different tips.

So the cog turns, the tips interact and you have a complete feature.

If you remove one of the tips then the cog will not work well.

Look at the big picture, not just your little world.

[IMG]

I know what I think should be removed. And the list is almost as long as Iven's :)
    Andarriel likes this.
  4. Scila Augur

So how many "crafted" items do you use? Max gear, that's crafted, stat food, that's crafted, bonus mana - dps potions all crafted. If you think crafting should be removed, don't use crafted items simple. Next time you are wanting a piece of gear that isn't no drop made, thank a tradeskiller, stat food, thank a tradeskiller. We like what we do. You don't do something else. Some think raiding should be removed because they don't like it. Some think it's amazing, fun, and live for raid night. EQ is one of those games that you can log on and pick what you feel like doing in a session. Diversity. Unique - not cookiecutter. Don't like doing something, move to something else.
    Andarriel, Rijacki, Skuz and 2 others like this.
  5. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

People pay others money to avoid leveling but I don't think that helps the argument to remove it. Also, they are busy limiting the expansiveness of the next expansion, let them focus on removing one thing at a time.
    Rijacki likes this.
  6. Cadira Augur

I am once again asking if we can petition people off the forums.
    Xyza, Lubianx, Aanuvane and 6 others like this.
  7. Marton Augur

No need to craft if you don't want to.

Pipe dreams regarding TS:

- larger TS bags and better storage system (no, having 22 houses to store your sh** isn't a convenient system)
    - less insane options for reaching 350
    - new recipes for useful items (alchemy, tinkering, anything PLEASE)
    - new recipes for items that are not necessarily useful but are fun and interesting

TS people are a creative bunch. I'm sure there would be a giant list of suggestions on what to make and what people would like to have.

We are not going to have a level increase next expansion so perhaps that would be a good time to throw some effort into TS.
    Rijacki likes this.
  8. Tuco Augur

[IMG]
    Andarriel, Tyranthraxus and Celephane like this.
  9. Borm FV New Member

My favorite quests involve the TS Earring items. TS is a vital part of EQ for many. I don't raid, but I don't isist that it be removed because I can't get the loot. Do the parts you like; ignore the rest. There is too mauch in this game to do it all anyway.
    Rijacki likes this.
  10. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

Sadly, many of the items that would be ideal for tradeskill recipes, fun stuff that isn't necessarily "useful", are all Marketplace only now, such as house items, ornaments, illusions, petamorphs, etc. I was actually completely shocked they had 2 new ornaments as the quest rewards for the recent EQ2 anniversary quests since it feels like there is a mandate to only have such items added to Marketplace for the past several years. There were craftable ornaments for a few expansions around a decade ago but, as far as I can tell, none since. The only house item tradeskill recipes I can find were in HoT and VoA. Long ago illusion potions were made by alchemists but no new ones since PoR (and most expansions have no new alchemy recipes at all)?
  11. Marton Augur

I actually still make those; some of them are pretty cool imo.

I realize they want people to spend money on Marketplace items but they could give us something every year or two. Few TS-made ornaments would not kill their sales.
    Rijacki likes this.
  12. Pintoy 3 Journeyman

No more stat food for you.
    Nennius likes this.
  13. Nennius Curmudgeon

I would like to see tradeskilling have a bigger part in progression. I think it would be fun.

See, multiple people can troll.
    Xyza, Tallie and Yinla like this.
  14. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

I was gone when they were added so didn't know about most of them until I recently pushed through to 300 on pottery (finally got round to it :) ). I absolutely love so many of the crafted ornaments and think it is so sad that Daybreak has conditioned the player base to look at only Marketplace and LoN for any and all ornaments for their weapon slot items. And the tailored animal hats, too! The conversions of one armor slot ornament to a different colour is a nice idea but the components to make those (EoK and RoS only, I think) are very rare drops.

But yeah, Daybreak, why not have a few craftable weapon slot ornaments in each expansion? why not some fun armor slot ornaments (that still require purchasing the Hero's Forge so not entirely non-monetized). Why not have a few craftable illusions each new expansion or other such?
  15. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

I absolutely hate the crafting system in EQ, but I don't want it removed from the game completely. Not without a better replacement that same day. But I know that's not going to happen.

Now if we were discussing crafting suggestions for the possible future EQ3, I have lots of suggestions. Another thread, another time.
  16. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

Not sure what server you are on, perhaps you could advertise, pick a couple you have made, link them in a sales blurb in general (or hopefully someone has created a serverwide auction channel) so that people can see what they look like. Maybe keep a trader stocked and direct sales that way for more of your wares. And good luck with it.
  17. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

I've been working on a blog post when time permits. I am also intending to put them on display in a house on my server. Mostly, I know, that ends up just being for myself and my friends, but it also gives me something I can link :) I keep wanting to get back to blogging about the available 'basic' furniture which includes the craftable pieces. I have all the craftable furniture on display in the Country Cedar Meadows on FV, looking a lot like a "Crazy Eddy's furniture lot" sale :) I also have a house with all the house item collection rewards and keep a bazaar mule up most of the time stocked with many of them.

https://rijacki-game.blogspot.com/

But... auction? nah... not really something I can do.
    Yinla and Doranur_Aleguzzler like this.
  18. Bigstomp Augur

If I had to choose strawberry or tradeskills, tradeskills win.
    Celephane, Rijacki, Yinla and 2 others like this.
  19. Iven the Lunatic

Crafting can be fun but there are way to many recipes and even more useless stuff. 90% of baking and brewing could be removed as it is just nonsense and nobody does need stat food. I DO HATE STAT FOOD !
  20. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Yea something like required having 350 tradeskill achievements! ;)
    Xyza and Nennius like this.