Oakwynd - Legacy Character Bonus and AA's

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Aziuno, Oct 4, 2023.

1. Runes Augur

I am really surprised, something that was a core pitch and sale for Oakwynd that Legacy bonus was going to add to exp bonus for AAs and then turning out not to at all and its been a known issue and reported from luclin start and nothing confirmed until after the Charity bonus ended is really suspicious but its still not being fixed. I would have thought that it would have been a top priority item as it is a huge nerf to players.
    The compensation should be really significant and scale by the amount of 60s a player had at time of Luclin launch and it should not be an exp bonus because we all got our mains and a few alts AA'd during bonus and at the much slower rate so it should be something that helps us to level/AA faster in PoP when its meaningful again- like 75% exp heirloom pots in numbers that take into account how many 60s one had at Luclin start- something like 2-3 per 60. This is not alot considering we should have had our Legacy bonus for the full 14 days 24/7 In my case for example I should have had an additional 100% from Luclin start so even a few 4 hour 75% xp pot would not be close to the lost bonus I was promised would impact AAs.
  2. Ewaz of_E'ci Journeyman

canceling all our non essential box subscriptions until a fix date can be set is a reasonable solution. just focus on you main's stuff until they can figure out what they are doing
  3. Runes Augur

I wish we could create a player union where everyone that joined would agree to not renew on their next sub, but that is a pipe dream that would never happen.

So many of us spent time our time leveling many alts over prior six months to be ready for a high Legacy bonus to AAs based on the official posts by Devs. Each alt I made i bought exp pots in good faith that the tim eand money investment was going to pay off starting from Luclin. That contract was broken in what looks like a complete bait and switch.

They do hot fixes immediately when bugs occur, I think they could have fixed this already and during charity bonus had they wanted to but they chose to either drag their feet or ran into some cap exp with the bonus that they were not expecting. Whatever the case is, a proper compensation needs to be made that is not just providing some exp bonus now that will not impact our mains and several alts that already have alot of AAs. It would be a meaningless bonus just for alt and more time investment than what we would have gotten with the Legacy+ Charity plus pots used.

Even giving pots wont do, I think Daybreak needs to add the same amount of AAs that our best character got to the main character and every other alt that was 60 when Luclin started.

So if my best character now has 175 AA earned, Daybreak should give another 175 to the main toon( or max bank AA) and every Alt we had at 60 when luclin launched.

That is the only compensation that works
    Ellis likes this.
  4. Tribbious Lorekeeper

Would be nice to at least hear their optional plans for making this right.
  5. Mattling Elder

Is the 25% bonus working?

I'm pulling less than 2 AAs an hour in my normal hunting spots.
  6. Numiko Augur

Have to remember they are right in the middle of finalizing a new live expansion, I'm sure the vast majority of dev and code team time is being spent on that right now. Add on the DX11 project, the user interface update project and the fact this bug only effects one server I think it will be a fairly low priority bug to fix for the next month or so.
  7. OldTimeEQ1 Augur

8. Runes Augur

This is something you can let the community know that does not hinge on the fix that is being dragged and slow walked to fix.

There was supposed to be a 25% server boost for AAs plus other bonuses that stacked that did not happen from start of Luclin. Impossible there are not discussions in the works for compensations and the community that was impacted should have a voice in the compensation that would most matter to them and not some watered down gesture.

Notice I did not use the "L" word so this gets deleted or moved and buried in another thread.
  9. brickz Augur

You aren't going to get "compensated," certainly not in the way you suggested in the other thread where you want them to give you AA that you "would have gotten."
  10. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

LOL! "compensation"
  11. FranktheBank Augur

12. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

"Good Day Sir!"
  13. Chopsuey Augur

They'll release Oakwynd 2.0 in a year or 2 that will have all of the bugs ironed out. Future Oakwynd 2.0 players thank you for your testing.
  14. Beardsy Elder

We've all been paying to beta test a work-in-progress game for almost 25 years.

Welcome to your first MMORPG experience!
  15. OldTimeEQ1 Augur

While I don't think clamoring for compensation is okay, I do think one of the two main features touted for the TLP seems to have been untested at all, and been a couple of weeks and unfixed and no ETA, is very bad for an indie studio let alone DPG
  16. HicksSelos Elder

There was no guarantee this was working with AA, it said "should"
  17. AethDW Elder

More like one out of three?
    Evolving bonuses: ok so far, but haven't seen them all yet
    Legacy characters: F
    Encounter locking: so bad it was agreed to remove it for most raid content going forward
  18. Runes Augur

What are you talking about? I don't understand why there is not more outrage from the community that something that was promised would work and pitched as part of the sales and advertising of Oakwynd, is not happening? They have hot fixed bugs before within hours and I am confident they could do the same unless its one of the items below, in which case it makes sense that they are letting this go for weeks and not even responding:

1) They ran into an unexpected EXP cap in the programming that does not allow more bonus on top of
    whatever the current code is.
    2) Its a marketing decision to keep people buying EXP pots because they calculated that if they let the
    bonus go through as advertised, people would not need to buy as many EXP pots because the bonus is too big and it would result in reduced exp pot purchases.

I do not believe that this bug is something that is taking so long to fix is because its too complicated, I think its a pure greedy business decision to keep people wanting to buy exp pots because the exp is so low versus what was promised it would be.

Clamoring for compensation should be a daily activity in these forums.
  19. Captain Video Augur

The math that appears to be driving all this pointless outrage is extremely flawed. Agnarr and Oakwynd do not have the same base XP rate. Oakwynd is using the updated base TLP XP rate that was on Phinigel and has been unchanged on every standard TLP since. Agnarr was a special case, since it would never unlock the first standard TLP XP boost (which happens at GoD), so it was given a higher base XP rate than Phinny; it was advertised as being close to but not exactly the same as Ragefire. Trying to compare Agnarr and Oakwynd head-to-head, you will never see the full 25% AA boost you're looking for. If you had data from, say, Yelinak prior to GoD, and compared that head-to-head with Oakwynd, I believe you would see a full 25% difference (plus an additional 10% legacy bonus if that applies).

The people who are demanding compensation for something that isn't broken are simply loopy.
  20. Vlady New Member

Not sure what scares me more. You knowing info the devs should of put out and also how you know that info. Or that you are right and the fix isnt really as hard to fix as it seems but a financial issue which might affect the sales of xp pots for them.

I trust in the devs and they will hopefully get it right.