Upgrade

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by jimmythegypsy, Nov 17, 2023.

1. jimmythegypsy New Member

I don't come to forums very often, so not sure where to post this. Is there a place to make suggestions to devs for QoL improvements. 1 thing that should be done is make a button that will dump all of the contents of a bag you are holding into all of the bags inside your bank with a single click. I am not talking about ctrl-left clicking on every bag in bank. That is 24 clicks... I am talking about making 1 button that save players that 24 clicks. It just makes sense to make this happen.
    Bernel likes this.
  2. Randomized Augur

This forum is perfectly fine for suggestions - just add [Suggetion] at the start of your thread to make it stick out and give people an idea of what they're getting into.

And I could see people complaining about this feature more than not. A misclick and now you've emptied everything (who seriously wants to empty their ENTIRE inventory into bank bags?).

I think the CTRL - Lclick was the right move. Bag by bag so you don't have the frustration of going through 24 bags looking for the 10-12 items you NEED in your inventory because you dumped it all into the bank.

Just my 2cp
  3. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Is it really 24 clicks? I do what you're describing (ctrl-click over the bank bags), and the bags I need to ctrl-click over is like 3-5 bags.

It's all about organization, and having a good "system" ;)

Now, a feature I would kill for is the ability to ctrl-click a bag over the guild bank or a house, and have the contents auto-stack into the GB/house. THAT would save me a TON of time.
  4. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

This is a suggestion worth pursuing.
  5. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Yes, this forum is it. It's a terrible system but it's all we have. A real Bug/Suggestion place with searchable tags and voting (Bug/Suggestion Tracking App) is not something Daybreak/Darkpaw will do.

So my suggestions that are 10 years old are buried somewhere in this forum (or maybe not, because they've changed forum software a few times) and the current Devs don't even know they exist.

I've given up. Unless they really want me to repeat them every year or whatever.
    Tatanka and Nennius like this.
  6. Iven the Lunatic

Yep, just start a thread like that one and put "Suggestion: " at the front of the thread title. Then go to the suggestions thread and post the link with a short description like the thread title there ! The link to the suggestions thread is embedded in my signature.

Your current suggestion is more or less already available in the game. Hold the first bag on the cursor and Ctrl+left_click onto an empty or half empty bag with it. Dunno why you think that this would take 24 clicks. Of course it can only dump the bag content into a single bag per click. It seems that you want an advanced Auto-Bank function for containers.
  7. Bernel Augur

They should it so that if you have a bag on your cursor and ctrl-left click on the "Auto Bank" button, it does this. It will drop the items in the bag onto the Auto Bank button.