Oakwynd - Legacy Character Bonus and AA's

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Aziuno, Oct 4, 2023.

1. Comaboy New Member

I don't want an extension of the extra life bonus. I shouldn't have to grind more because of your mistakes. I want what was advertised, the only reason I leveled other toons to max level in the first place. Fix the AA XP formula and add 70% to my current AA total for the 7 60s I leveled with the expectation it would increase my AA XP rate. And for Pete's sake, have the courtesy of giving a response to the people that spent countless hours and money based on your statements.
    Ellis likes this.
  2. Cube2Z New Member

Something seems wrong, supposedly Oakwynd is getting a base bonus with the Luclin launch to AA exp%...but I am getting the same or less per kill then I did on Mischief/Mangler/Aradune when killing the same mobs.
  3. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

4. Ewaz of_E'ci Journeyman

It's been confirm broken since launch of luclin. Oakwynd is not a priority apparently. Not even sure they look at this forum.
  5. Oakwynderguy New Member

In my opinion, the Legacy bonus should be taken from whatever bucket it's in now and placed in its own category that the result of the current exp calculation yields. Not some additional substep calculation but a true bonus to literally every experience calculation made or experience reward given. If the quest gives 10% exp and you have a server event giving 50% with 10 max level characters?? Guess what, that 15% exp becomes 30%. That task hands out 5AA and you have 2 max level characters? It just gave you 6AA. Killing a kobold and all-said it gives 1.5% and you have 11 max levels? 3%. Etc.
  6. Schwifty Journeyman

Welp not a surprise because they never seem to get the AA exp right when there is supposed to be a bonus. Selo server was even worse and just one of the several reasons I quit that server after a few weeks.
  7. Bakedtendies New Member

We let this happen really. We experience issues on previous TLPs and they take their time to fix it, most of the fixes happen for the next TLP so yea they rarely fix anything on time we complain for a week or so then just take it on the chin and keep playing their game. But this time its different because its what makes Oakwynd unique. If they don't fix it this is just a bare bones TLP experience and will die out very soon.

If any Dev even sees this, if you cant fix this bug in time just give us a suitable XP bonus until you fix it its not that hard.
  8. Progress Augur

Looks like it was posted today that there is no bug, and 25% AA exp is in effect.
    edit: Nothing about the legacy character bonus though - I guess "should" in the FAQ means maybe!
  9. Bakedtendies New Member

This post is Literally about the Legacy bonus . . . . . anyone who has done AA can tell if the other bonus is active its the legacy bonus which is a big deal that isnt working at all.
  10. YakuzaRL New Member

Where is our legacy xp bonus? I didn't level up 10 level 60s for nothing on one account. Please dev team comment on the status of when this will be patched.
  11. Weehealer New Member

"should" lol

12. Mafiaman984 Journeyman

Your lack of updates is costing you money on two fronts: Exp potions & Subs to season of discovery. Congrats. You've sabotaged your own server.

Nobody is paying money to gain 3% xp from potions at the current rate.

Nuke the post if you want to...ban me from the forums if you want to.. doesn't change the fact that you could 1) turn bonus xp on for us to mitigate the issue and/or 2) make fixing the issue a priority instead of providing us with pointless updates like the "casting bar" that was just rolled out.
  13. Oakwynderguy New Member

You're not wrong. I'm getting pretty close after spending a lot of effort on "should." (Which implies intent and desire to function).
  14. Cuzon Elder

As someone who plays solely on this server, who has multiple level 60 characters, and actively raids, I dont see this as the big end of the world slap in the face that you guys do. We are getting the bonus on all forms of exp except for AA currently. Yeah, it kinda sucks but its not game breaking. Just play the game and it will get fixed when it gets fixed. Sounds like some of you are just looking for a reason to quit playing. If that is the case, just quit playing. It's not hard to do. Just remember that before you log out for the last time that you parcel your stuff to Cuzon / Mooncat.

It's almost like you guys forgot that the dev team is tiny and they are working on putting the final touches on the next expansion that will probably roll out next month.
  15. Oakwynderguy New Member

Of the 4 stated EXP types asked about in the FAQ (Regular, AA, Evolving Items, Mercenary) we for sure know it only applies to 1 of the 2 available.

The rest of your post is needlessly antagonistic and arguing against a point not made - we were told we should be getting something, we trusted them to deliver it, and then it was not delivered. And worse, you are excusing this behavior.
  16. Genjo Lorekeeper

Here is a long time member - that is not a brand new account who 1000% agrees with this point. I have spent a ridicilous amount of time leveling up other alts to ensure maximium exp bonus for AA grind. I have spent money on potions, loads of time in Sol A, Sol B, Seb, velks maximuming exp with the intent to use the bonus to make aa grind easier. Here I am with 10 level 60s and no additional bonus as promised.

I dont understand people showing their frustraion for investing time, energy and money to gaina promised benefit being aanoyed and asking for it to be fixed as wrong.

Daybreak set the rules, questions were asked and answered by employees confirming this before server launched.

This is poor customer service, period.
  17. Randomized Augur

And in that time, how many AAs could you have gotten if you focused on AA's rather than alts for a minimal bonus? (Well at 10, it's not minimal, but the number of AAs you could have gotten in that time rather than focusing on leveling alts)
  18. Lexxxer New Member

He would have got 0 AAs since they were not available to get when he was leveling his alts. But that is besides the point isn't it? Its supposed to be a server feature. It was advertised as a server feature. Currently it is not a server feature.
    Oakwynderguy likes this.
  19. Randomized Augur

Ohhh that's right! Oakwynd is still fairly fresh huh! My bad! lol

It seems to be a pattern with DBG though. Guild TS depot...this persona's thing they're working on for LS...Legacy experience...
  20. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

This will be fixed in time for the next TLP so don't panic (I am not specifying which next).