Back again!

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Shaken, Nov 15, 2023.

1. Shaken Journeyman

So I am back to the game again. Currently Free 2 Play.
    Started over fresh on a new live server.
    I am looking for advice on my 5 box team.

So far I have SHD, SHM, MNK, BRD, NEC, all 70, minus the necro who is 66.
    None of them have any AA (lol, was going to sub 1 or 2 accounts, but not sure which).

I am not sure how viable this team is later down the road. So far we are melting everything. The main issue is the monk is starting to get to many buttons to press. I am not sure how to macro multiple monk abilities (spells I figured out pretty fast). Should I just swap him out for a mage instead? I am thinking this would be best for pet toys / easier to box?

Is there a better set up? I am pretty sure the SHD, SHM, BRD is pretty standard, the other 2 I could swap to anything to be honest. 2 mages? 2 necros? I don't like wizards to be honest. So kinda avoiding them.

Also, how well would a team of MAG, NEC, BST, BRD, DRU do?

I am using the f2p healing merc as my 6th btw.
  2. Randomized Augur

Definitely sub the SK. Any other one is fine. Maybe rotate them out on a monthly basis so they all get the benefit of autogrant AAs

The Monk would be nice to keep, but definitely hard to optimize with because the amount of abilities you need to stack. A Mage would work well because you can run macros and still do well with them, and their pets are super strong and can act as a back up tank or main tank until your SK gets geared
    Shaken likes this.
  3. Shaken Journeyman

Ok, thanks! I just wish mages could be frogloks lol.
    The main reason I did the monk was cause of the awesome frog animations it has.
  4. Iven the Lunatic

WeLcOmE bAcK !!1 ;)
    Shaken likes this.
  5. Spliskin Journeyman

Personally, I consider a mage essential to a boxed group, especially since I use 2 computers and alt tab between screens. Call of Hero is so much nicer than relying on autofollow. Plus the mage has good synergy with the group and can provide pet toys for the necro. Other than some boss mobs hard coded to ignore pets, my mage pet does the bulk of the tanking for my groups and the SK does the pulling.
    Shaken likes this.
  6. Shaken Journeyman

Good info, thanks Spliskin.

My box is now a SK, SHM, BRD, MAG, NEC.
    Getting the mage caught up was fun, I've never used a bard to PL before.
    (the SK is missing all AA to do that well, I think?)

Not sure what else I could add to this set up. I am still learning where to go for exp. The sk, brd, shm are 71 now, the nec 68 and the mage is 56. I just entered the wall of slaughter, see how that goes.
  7. DillyBar Augur

Quit now.
  8. Shaken Journeyman

Why?

I've been playing this game on and off since 2001 lol
    Rijacki and Nennius like this.