Oakwynd - Legacy Character Bonus and AA's

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Aziuno, Oct 4, 2023.

1. Aziuno Augur

Hello Dev's,
    I am just looking for confirmation that the Legacy Character Bonus will apply to AA's.

Per the FAQ it looks like the bonus will apply - https://www.everquest.com/news/eq-oakwynd-now-live

But when you mouse over the EXP Bar it shows the bonus, but if you mouse over the AA bar it does not. Is that because AA's are not active, and it will reflect correctly once Luclin launches? I just want to make sure this is not an oversight and isn't broken on launch in a month.
  2. Dysdain_the_Unholy New Member

Definitely needs to be fixed asap
  3. CdeezNotes Augur

I can't tell if this is serious or not. Velious doesn't have AAs so you cant get AA exp.
  4. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Someone's been to PoK already perhaps?
  5. Stokedwynd New Member

If this is intended behavior they will experience a pretty dramatic drop. Getting actual levels is easy compared to the massive AA grind going forward. It's essentially a non-bonus.
  6. Defenestrated Vase It happened out of sheer carelessness.

I tested it myself:

I killed a mob on Oakwynd on a character that has 10% legacy bonus (the bonus you get for having 1 max level character on the server).
    That kill yielded 7.341% AA.

I killed a mob on Agnarr on a character without any legacy bonus (no such bonus on Agnarr, it's an Oakwynd-only thing).
    That kill yielded 6.227% AA.

Oakwynd should have a permanent 25% AA exp bonus as part of the unlock.

The difference is 18% (slightly rounded up).
    It should be more.
    It's not 10%.
    It's not 25%.
    It's absolutely not 10% + 25% combined either additive or multiplicative.

Both kills have been done by level 60 characters in Velks killing a level 45 spider with AA set to 100%.

DPG either has done it wrong or they purposedly disabled some of the bonuses while the current Extralife 200% bonus is going on (on top) because they think that would be too much of a bonus on a fresh era unlock.

Either way I feel fooled.
  7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

8. Cowboybebop714 New Member

When are they going to fix this devs? we've got a super bonus on the server, and our legacy is icing on the cake were missing out on.
  9. Corydon Augur

That ship has sailed. Bonus will end in less than 9 hours from now. Yeah, it sucks.
  10. OldTimeEQ1 Augur

It is amusing how something as basic as this got missed out. I mean FTE and legacy exp were the two things touted for Oakwynd!
    Corydon likes this.
  11. Corydon Augur

And +25% AA XP with the unlock of Luclin.
  12. OldTimeEQ1 Augur

13. Oakwynderguy New Member

A reasonable 5ish AA per hour that respected my time as a human down to almost 2. Cool.
    Paulbrochill1 likes this.
  14. Bakedtendies New Member

Honestly you never mess with a players XP especially on a server made for leveling alts. Thats how you kill trust and your playerbase. They can easily just have an ongoing XP event WHILE they bash their heads trying to fix this simple issue.

Whats so hard to just have an XP bonus because legacy XP isnt working DPG ??? Only right thing to do.
    Corydon likes this.
  15. Nome New Member

Legacy Character F.A.Q.
    Q: Will the Legacy Character experience buffs only work on level experience, or will it also work on AA, evolving items, and mercenary experience?
    A: The bonus should apply to AA, quest, kill, and mercenary AA experience. It'll work on whatever it works on, when it works, and not before.
    OldTimeEQ1 likes this.
  16. Arangar New Member

Breaks the server for me, and the fact is that in the FAQ from the server release it states:
    Q: Will the Legacy Character experience buffs only work on level experience, or will it also work on AA, evolving items, and mercenary experience?
    A: The bonus should apply to AA, quest, kill, and mercenary AA experience.

I've played the last months based on that, that not working as advertised is a huge problem that you could at least aknowledge and give a statement on an intent to fix.
  17. Arangar New Member

Breaks the server for me, and the fact is that in the FAQ from the server release it states:
    A: The bonus should apply to AA, quest, kill, and mercenary AA experience.

I've played the last months based on that, that not working as advertised is a huge problem that you could at least aknowledge and give a statement on an intent to fix.
  18. Bazzarac Lorekeeper

Right so, this is making me wanna quit this server, its main selling point was the exp bonus that would allow you to have an alt for every occasion.

Given that 90% (number i just pulled out of my a.., don't fact check that) of all exp ground out is in AAs not having the legacy bonus apply to AAs means that one or two expansions in your alts will be pointless as no toon in everquest works without lvl appropriate AAs past POP.

I would never.... and i mean NEVER have leveled 7 toons to 60, and bought extra character slots to have the last 3 (i have 11 slots atm, 10 toons and 1 bazaar mule planned).
    Rather i would have gotten an epic on 1 toon, keyed for various places, worked on quests etc, but in anticipation of AAs coming out i ground out the toons so i would be ready.

I would have been fine with darkpaw comeing out saying, sorry lads, we made a bo-bo it will be fixed in X days, and you can have something like i dunno 50% exp bonus for a week or some such. But nothing, not a peep.
    If i wanted silent treatment i would get back with my ex, not pay for the opportunity to be ignored online.

BRGDS
    Urahara, 60 cleric on oakwyn, for a little while longer. but wow classic is starting to look mighty tasty.
    Corydon likes this.
  19. ralfie87 New Member

Why was there a 6 hour downtime with a CONFIRMED issue with legacy exp not applying to AAs??
    The LITERAL main EQ website explains LEGACY EXPERIENCE for oakwynd yet it doesnt work?? even after a patch that should have fixed it? hello?
  20. ralfie87 New Member

@ ADSMAIN where are you?