Dark Hand Wraps Help DPS

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by JohnnyBbad, Nov 10, 2023.

1. JohnnyBbad New Member

Am I an idiot for still using these? is the 5%h2h mod worth the loss of stats. Just wondering if anyone has parced this or has the answer.

Thanks
    Mithra likes this.
  2. ForumBoss Augur

I've heard they're worth wearing through at least VoA (lvl 95). I'd be curious to see a parse where the loss of heroics on modern armor starts to take over, but it would likely be well past the point where you are breaking 400 heroics.
    Mithra likes this.
  3. Penelo Lorekeeper

Monk discord discusses this almost every TLP. General consensus is they may be a slight DPS bump, maybe a slighter DPS bump in some situations against some bosses (we are talking single digit low percentage bumps).

They never perform so great that they are worth worrying about. Ever. They just aren't that big of a deal. By Omen of War or maybe even sooner other stuff is already outperforming them, and you will always be 100% better by pushing your buttons on cooldown appropriately and timing your discs and burns with other ADPS discs and burns over worrying about the handwraps.

If I was a monk on a TLP in the future I wouldn't even worry about getting them.
  4. Sdoofbuc Augur

I've played a Monk on TLPs a few time. Most of the time I skip this item. At this point in the game Monk's have epics in their hand slot and there isn't much that beat it out for DPS before PoP. I always look at these as a Beastlord item.

Definitely replace them in Planes of Power.

Remember, the 5% H2H mod does nothing for 1HB or 2HB.
  5. Sdoofbuc Augur

I am very skeptical of this.

If 5% H2H mod was as good as your statement says; then why aren't Monks and Beastlords farming these for the next 15 expansions?

I would take defiant over these.
  6. Mithra Augur

If you actually parse em they are 0.8~1.0% dps increase which you won't find anywhere else, so why would you NOT use them?
  7. CdeezNotes Augur

0.8 to 1.0% increase compared to what? This statement is very ambiguous. Compared to other Luclin items? GoD? OOW? When is this end? The class gloves of Monks in GoD/OOW provide a Flying Kick mod. Did you parse those and compare dps numbers?

Anything below 1% I would take with a grain of salt, honestly. It's more than likely within just general margin of error in testing and almost statistically irrelevant.
  8. Mithra Augur

Extensively parsed, in multiple eras. You still lose 1% DPS unequipping dark hand wraps at level 85.

Flying kick mod is weaker plus can be capped without glove slot.
  9. CdeezNotes Augur

Not in early eras is it easy to max that which makes the parses viable.

And I highly doubt it is a 1% decrease at 85. That's at most a couple hundred dps? I'd argue that's such a low difference it's statistically insignificant and not due to the gloves. I can run parses with exactly the same gear running hours and have it fluctuate more than the proclaimed boost you're stating. That's how insignificant those gloves are.

Give me the extra heroics (especially hdex) 8 days a week.
  10. Mithra Augur

All the parses were 10+ hours, it is still close to 1% DPS loss at 85. Which is actually around 100-200 dps depending on discs/adps.

Run those parses on the heroics too. SoD raid gloves might be +10 heroic dex and +10 heroic strength more but I bet that parses at actual statically insignificant <0.1%.
  11. Penelo Lorekeeper

12. Penelo Lorekeeper

Yikes copy and past from darkmode discord is bad :D sorry for that horrible formatting
  13. Penelo Lorekeeper

Would encourage any monks to join the monk specific discord for discussions of this kind of thing. We like looking at parses and discussing min-max and options as well as expansion specific best in slots / transitions to 2HB etc. Lots of good resources there.

https://discord.gg/RHqZRRKwhN