Alternate Persona FAQ And Random Information

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Ghaleon, Nov 13, 2023.

1. Beimeith Lord of the Game

The answer is no.
  2. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

NatazzEvoli, KarmaKitty and Tatanka like this.
  3. Marton Augur

Can you elaborate on this a little? What do you like and how is AP going to make your play time better?

I would like to like AP, but I just don't seem to be needing this for anything :oops:.
  4. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I think what Beimeith means it that it was never advertised as part of an expansion.

I guess I've never been really looking forward to the Guild Tradeskill Depot. The Personal Guild Tradeskill Depot is great and I'm very happy for it but the guild one I don't see much need for.

But that's just me. Others may be anxiously waiting for it.
    Beimeith likes this.
  5. Beimeith Lord of the Game

All that says is that the release date is "To Be Decided/Determined" in 2023.

That could be next year, 10 years from now, 100 years from now, or "never."

Until it is advertised as part of an expansion, it doesn't count.
  6. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Well, I didn't imagine it. Pretty sure it was advertised.
  7. Micker99 Augur

Well I've talked about it in other posts. Say you have a Beastlord main. Would you like to be able to TP places by becoming a wizard or druid? Turn into a rogue to invis to a hard to get to camp spot or through a dungeon with see invis? Turn into a bard and travel quickly? Use CotH to summon group members to you or summon pet weapons and armor as a mage? Turn into a shaman and buff your group?
    That can all be possible, if you create personas for those classes. So many cool possibilities, it will be very exciting and I think make EQ more fun and allow people to do more things, with less hassle. I see them as a utility to your character, more than a replacement for alts at first. Not having to run buff alts to you and log in druids and other alts, just to get something done, will be very welcome.
    code-zero likes this.
  8. Tatanka Joe Schmo

It may well have been mentioned later in the 2023 roadmap, but the talk of it started when we were waiting for NoS to come out.

I have NO interest in the personal depot. I use housing now, so all alts can access all items. Why would I put everything in a personal depot? Now I have to hand off everything through that char.
  9. Tatanka Joe Schmo

10. KarmaKitty Augur

Different styles of gameplay. When you could only go to 250 max in one TS, I had a number of alts. Each was 250 in a different TS and mostly 200 in the rest. When things open up, I continued to develop my main. All unrestricted skills now over 300 (just too many AA points required which get spent elsewhere), so all the TS supplies are on the main, except for things like tinkering components. I consider the time sink too great to worry about getting the others to 300+ even in their 250 skill.
  11. Tyranthraxus Grognard

2 questions.

Can you self buff with your persona/alt and retain those buffs when you swap back to your main?

Can you bag your persona's 2.0 and click it with your main, allowing cross class epics?
  12. Bernel Augur

Nothing's been officially stated about self buffs. Currently, you cannot retain buffs when you switch personas. It's like shrouds. When you switch, your current buffs are saved off and you have the persona's buffs. However, you can buff your merc and the merc keeps the buffs. I would guess that the merc buff situation will likely change. As it is now, you can have a level 1 merc with level 125 buffs.

I'm not sure about epics, but in general, clicking items of one class when you're a different class doesn't seem to do anything.
  13. Tyranthraxus Grognard

So to confirm, their alts, just less useful ones.
    CdeezNotes likes this.
  14. Randomized Augur

Correct. The only benefit right now is you log in AT your current location instead of having to campfire in
  15. Micker99 Augur

Well getting to the spot is the biggest benefit. You get your guys to the spot to campfire. Now you can use your wizard persona to TP to a zone or bind point, rogue persona to get safely to where you are going in the zone or a bard to double invis and fade to where you need to be, then Coth your group with a mage persona, then change to your main warrior/pally whatever, switch to a shaman persona to buff. You can't do that with alts. Once there, sure, but now you don't have to also run your alts to the spot and camp/log in alt/camp/log in main, everytime you need a buff etc.. Also sharing flags etc is a plus.

As it is, this is a major improvement to QoL for the game, you should be able to see that.
    code-zero likes this.
  16. fransisco Augur

This would be game breaking. All buffs should clear when you switch. Otherwise a mage could switch to wizard, click all their AAs, then switch mage and engage and stack their damage abilities.
    The way self buffs could stack would be insane.
  17. Iuwene Augur

As it is at the moment on Beta each AP keeps their own buff list. So no crossbuffing. And I don't see why and how this would and should change.
  18. Randomized Augur

But that means you have to level and gear each one individually without the aid of your main.

As for "having to run your alts there"..._youre already doing it on one character.../follow is a thing. Bring them all.

As it stands, there's more benefits to having boxed alts than there is to the personas
  19. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

• Not everyone has multiple accounts.Not everyone has multiple paid accounts.
    • Not everyone likes to box.
    • TLP 'true box' only requires additional computers to box.
    But, even without the concept of boxing:
    • With the shared inventory, some inventory management would be simplified without the need to go searching through several alts (and boxes and alts on the boxes) to find an item.
    • With shared keys, re-keying would not be required when switching to a different personna vs switching to an alt or even using a box.
    • With shared tradeskill skills, swapping characters to make an item wouldn't be needed.
  20. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Also, hopefully

personas share a fellowship slot, effectively expanding fellowship size

jann illusion and such can be clicked on each persona without earning it, I don't see a required level, so it'll trivialize leveling to a point (until you start taking hits over 500 damage, you'll have 100% mitigation!)

I read they have separate bind points, so druid and wiz with teleport group to bind will make taking my group to my favorite spots super trivial

edit:

Just tried a new necro persona, with janns veil and level one lifetap 1-10 in 5 minutes, level 20 in 10 more, then I realized I could click a Mount blessing as well, so level 20 with 6600 HP.
    Randomized and code-zero like this.