Tradeskill Depot Not working on LS Preorder accounts.

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Syclones, Nov 14, 2023.

1. Syclones New Member

I noticed today on accounts, that did not have NoS, when I preordered LS and have access to NoS that they do not have access to personal tradeskill depot. How does this get corrected? Any accoun that I bought NoS on I have access to Depot, but any account I went from CoV/ToL to LS I do not.
  2. Soulbanshee Augur

NoS had the premium TS depot unlocker bundled with purchase when it was active in the storefront, is not part of the expansion. All your characters have to buy the unlocker in the DB marketplace now.
  3. Syclones New Member

basic package of NoS have like 240 slots
  4. Syclones New Member

Normally when you upgrade to current expansion you get the basic package of items from the earlier expansion as well.
  5. Knifen Augur

Pretty sure its only the game/expansions you get from prior expansions. No added prizes, only your current expansion buying would have any perks in it.
  6. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I believe you get the Tradeskill Depot with zero slots, although instead you might have to buy an unlocker, which I think might include some slots, instead of getting it with zero slots included. Which works out to the same thing.

When buying all expansions, you get previous expansion content, which includes zones and everything with them (spells, AAs, quests, raids). But you do not get the "extras" like the key rings, tradeskill depot, etc.

This question comes up all the time. I believe it would be better for Daybreak to make this more clear. They do say, "Access to all previous expansion content included", which does not make clear what is considered "content" versus "non-content".
    Fenthen and Aanuvane like this.
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Purchasing the newest expansion does not qualify the account for the depot.

You have to buy the NOS by itself which is not possible now.

How do I obtain the Tradeskill Depot?

You must purchase one of the Night of Shadows Expansion Editions/Bundles.

8. Soulbanshee Augur

Theres not been any "basic package" since marketplace went in. All keyrings and etc have been premium features sold as a bundle with the expansion, not as content.
  9. Exyle New Member

Still no response on this issue? I have sent a ticket with no answer either. Spent money to buy the Depot unlocker, and Dragon's Hoard unlocker, only to find I cant use them. Bought the presale for LS, cant even buy the NoS expansion bundle now. Can we get an answer please.
  10. Fenthen aka Rath

You were given an answer by like 4 different people.
    chronicler likes this.
  11. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Not for like 6 or more years you haven't. You have to buy it.
  12. Brickhaus Augur

This is just false.

The last carryover that we got was the basic Mount keyring from The Darkened Sea expansion release (why all accounts have 10 slots in their mount keyring). Everything since then has been only if you purchase the expansion.

That was 9 years ago.
    Fenthen likes this.
  13. Soulbanshee Augur

Which was eventually retconned to being a marketplace unlocker because "it wasnt supposed to be awarded with future expansion purchases".
  14. Oscig Elder

The expansion page does a very poor job of explaining what 'content' is. This should be fixed.

From the LS preorder page:
    [IMG]

What is "content"? It doesn't say.

https://www.everquest.com/news/eq-night-of-shadows-now-live
    https://www.everquest.com/night-of-shadows
    It is entirely reasonable for someone to assume 'content' means "features advertised with the expansion".