Can we get a confirmation warning when clicking this please

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Veteran_BetaTester, Nov 9, 2023.

1. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Logging into the game I accidently clicked Reset UI to Default when logging in an alt. The trigger bar to click this option on logging in is so close to Enter World. We should move it or have a pop up asking, "Are you sure...?"
    [IMG]
    Hobs, Lanilya_, Dre. and 29 others like this.
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

It really should be moved to another spot on the screen so it is not so close to a login button in addition to what you suggest.
    Tarvas, Raptorjesus5, Ozon and 6 others like this.
  3. Ghaleon Journeyman

Move that to above Create Character. Problem solved.
    Dre., Vumad, Ozon and 3 others like this.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

They should just take it off. Really. How many of us have ever used that one? Most of us would do the UI work in game.
    xcitng, Dre., Juzam_Djinn and 4 others like this.
  5. Syylke_EMarr Augur

It's important to have as there are cases where an invalid UI can cause a client crash instead of a UI error.
    Zunnoab, Vumad, Ndaara and 6 others like this.
  6. uberkingkong Augur

Whats wrong with the default UI?
    They spent a lot of hours, days, weeks, months to deliver high quality content. If there is something you dislike about the UI should voice your concerns. It's better than saying nothing and they just keep working on something you dislike.
  7. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Login using the enter key, instead of clicking "Enter World".
    Fenthen and Ndaara like this.
  8. Gialana Augur

I've gotten in the habit of only clicking once to Enter World. I used to click a second time right away if I didn't see the loading screen. Now I stop and think, "Oh, did I just check the Reset UI to Default?" I guess it doesn't really affect me either way since I use the Default UI, but I still don't like entering the world with that button checked.

Still, a confirmation would be nice.
  9. Randomized Augur

Just gonna leave that there.

Also...how long has that been there? And how many times have you reset your UI? Like i'm not against the idea of the confirmation...but in all the times everyone has entered the game, how many times has this issue actually happened?

This is like having to go cut and dye your hair because your coffee shop ran out of pumpkin bread on you for the first time in 11 years
  10. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

They butchered it.
    Tab windows I can't stand. New Inventory window.. I want different buff windows.. Old icons.. I get all this 'fixed' and hit the stupid revert to default. Now for some reason on my alt MY ui folder won't stick, UIErrors is funky even.. it doesn't give you an idea what broke loading your UI folder. So yah its a pain. They should have given us an option to have these tab windows on and off.
    So yah, I have to go through threads of how to revert back to default during the intro of th bugged NEW UI.. so I can see if this unchecking use New UI Engine doesn't work, what to do about it.

It reallly comes down to this, if you mess with ANY UI pieces, give us an option to say YES / NO to use it.

It is my fault I hit revert to default UI on clicking Enter World, but if it wasnt so close making me thing the first Enter World click didn't take.
    Yinla likes this.
  11. uberkingkong Augur

Youch thats not good game design when you have to go do research on something simple like reverting a UI change.

Especially when the research is not going to 3rd party site, but going to the forums and finding that needle in the haystack.
  12. Bernel Augur

I agree! I've mistakenly double tapped the mouse button and reset the UI more often that I want to remember. Move it to the bottom or someplace else where it can't be accidentally clicked.

[IMG]
    Veteran_BetaTester likes this.
  13. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

or make it so only the small box is clickable
    Veteran_BetaTester and Tatanka like this.
  14. Koutarou_E'ci Elder

I've probably accidentally clicked it about 4-5x over the years and its always a pain to revert back.
    Syylke_EMarr and Ozon like this.
  15. Thunderkiks Augur

Moving it or making a confirmation box would be awesome. So tired of accidently clicking this accidentally.
  16. uberkingkong Augur

Ooof, that means bad game design.

Say you want to see how it is because maybe they added something nice.

But you know if you check it out. This happens.
    ugh.

bad game design if customer is calling it a pain, and multiple customers.

One thing to note is,
    if you don't feedback or anything, through their offical feedback lines. Forums isn't a feedback line really.
    But if you don't feedback or let them through official lines.
    Nothing gets done, they keep doing what they doing. They don't know if you don't tell and inform.

Thats like, prefer them to keep working on what they working on, rather than want something specific. Well they continue going into UI, more and more time. Do you prefer they doing this?

Comes back to are the developers/ scratch that, I mean are the designers, spending their time wisely.
  17. Monkeychunks Augur

The forums are the official feedback line, we have been asked to submit feedback in the Veteran's Forum
  18. Randomized Augur

Is this your new hip phrase like "agile" was last week?

The reset UI option has absolutely nothing to do with game design. And just because a few people have an issues with something doesnt make it a bad game design. You cannot find a single game that has any one aspect unanimously liked by the entire population. Every aspect of every game has its own haters.

Unless youre calling every game ever made a bad design?
    Nennius likes this.
  19. Bigstomp Augur

I've never clicked it by mistake, but wouldn't it require 2 clicks to mess it up, once to check the box, one to click to sign in?
    Randomized likes this.
  20. Bernel Augur

Yeah, two clicks. But it can happen because you realize you missed the Enter World button and you click again. When it's happened to me, it's almost an automatic click-click. I'm moving the mouse to Enter World, overshoot it to the Reset UI, mistakenly click Reset UI instead of Enter World, move up, click on Enter World, and then go "Damn!"