Alternate Persona

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by FranktheBank, Oct 4, 2023.

1. Waring_McMarrin Augur

The persona system is supposed to do more than sharing items between characters and will include flags, keys, achievements and other things as well.
  2. Hdizzle Augur

Yeah but the sell was change between alts, not have a better version of alts.

The best version of this, based entirely on assumption and the few descriptors provided of this hair brain concept to me would be described as such.

I rolled a human warrior. I hate boxing and running places sucks. My alt persona is a bard because I can share some of the gear. I was going to go druid but I didn't want to grind two sets of gear.

If the example above decides I wanna make a wizard because tanking all the time is annoying. When they switch to wizard, all his plate is yellow so swap to cloth and int gear. Hopefully they bought all their spells since the last time they played wizard 10 levels ago.

I would assume that's the vision. And the AP carries over all the flags, bags etc.

PS- Devs do the above, it would make TLPs very fun without adding a stich of new content. Also make a bandolier for gear sets, not just weapons.
    PSS- Leverage the cash shop to sell bags for all the extra gear we need to carry :)
    code-zero and Micker99 like this.
  3. Waring_McMarrin Augur

The announcement made no mention of alts, rather it says switching classes while keeping current parts of your character.

Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  4. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

But how would they Monetize it?
  5. Zalamyr Augur

No disagreement here. I feel like they bit off more than they can chew with the persona idea and there were definitely simpler ways to achieve similar goals.
  6. strongbus Augur

Why flags and keys are great. Unless they put something in place that a x level the other persona get the xp form achievements(such as doing quest/missions in zones) sharing ach is going make leveling harder on the persona.

also. What good reason is there for making it so you can only change in non combat zones. If it takes longer for me to gate out switch persona and campfire back to my group then it dose to camp out and reload a alt in then what good is it? At lest for alts. For my main it be ok as it let me use extra raid coins to buy gear or get some rot gear on raids loot it switch over and equip the other persona with it.
    Micker99 likes this.
  7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Because you don't have to worry about getting flags or keys for your persona and if you need to play a different class for something your main gets that progress as well. As for the changing I would guess because they want to limit doing unexpected things that allow you to get around what they intend.
  8. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

This all depends on how they handle lockouts between Personas.
  9. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Being able to switch to a needed class in order to do something such as a group mission or raid event and get that progress on your main has nothing to do with lockouts. Sure it might give you a lockout on your main and all personas but you still got that progress instead of getting it on an alt.
  10. strongbus Augur

I agree with how all persona get the ach for progressing.

the good thing on this is getting the flags to buy stuff off of merc(think raid gear).

the bad thing on this is from bout 105 and up the fastest and easiest way to level up is doing the quest/mission and getting the ach xp bonus form completing them. In level increase exp that ex form completing the ach the 1st time is big and can get you most of the way to max if not maxed with xp pots and stuff. So when the exp comes out I am going go and do the ach on my main 1st to get him to 125 asap for raids and such. But where hes got the ach and bonus xp if i level up a persona and do those quest I not getting that bonus xp meaning it going take me longer to level the persona.

To fix that they need to make it so when you hit x level you get the bonus exp form those ach.
  11. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

Lockouts 100% impact Alternate Personas, if it shares lockouts it's going to be extremely disappointing.
  12. Waring_McMarrin Augur

You are not understanding what I am referring to. If you switch to a persona in order to do that group mission or raid event instead of switching to an alt to do it why does the lockout matter? Just because you might not be able to raid the same event multiple times on different personas doesn't mean that isn't what is intended.
  13. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Yes, there are concerns about leveling up since a lot of that in later levels comes from one time achievements.
  14. Velisaris_MS Augur

At some point, you'd think they'd make changes to the game simply for the sake of making the game better...and not to be a cash grab.

If they want to monetize this expansion, they could try...I don't know...just making a good expansion. I'd prefer they put time and effort into making more content and less effort into shoehorned "selling point" gimmicks.

I'd much rather buy an expansion that has double digit new zones, 8+ missions, and "just for fun" quests that have no "features" than an expansion with maybe 4 or 5 zones, less content than they've had in an expansion in years, and some worthless shiny bauble feature.
  15. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

Are you sure you know how Lockouts work?
  16. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Again, I am not saying this is something that is going to be used on a frequent basis regardless of what happens to lockouts. I am mearing suggesting that if someone needs to switch to an alt in order to complete a mission/raid they could instead switch to a persona and get the credit on their main instead of missing out on it completely.

If someone wants to do a mission/raid multiple times within a lockout period I would think that they would still need to use alts for that and personas will not work.
  17. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

Then what's the point of putting time into Personas, if you still need to make alts?
    Barton, Marton and Micker99 like this.
  18. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Because not everyone wants to play multiple alts so that they can raid the same content multiple times in a lockout period? There are also people who don't want to have to go through the full gearing process, flagging, keying, and other steps that are kept on personas for each class that they want to play.

This will allow players more freedom with what class they play without the requirement to create an alt and start from scratch on everything.
  19. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

You still have to do the gearing and leveling process. How does this help the group game, where someone needs a tank for one mission, then another group a little later needs a healer or dps?
  20. Micker99 Augur

If you can switch personas, like how switching mercs are now, it will be fantastic. If you need to be in some far away zone to switch, with a long cooldown, then I'll just keep my alts. Flagging etc, isn't that big of a deal for me personally. Certainly not worth leveling up an entire new character, getting all the AA, just to have a toon that can share a flag or key, when I already have that class as an alt?

They can make this a game changer and incredibly fun or just another boring feature that adds little to the game. I feel it would be amazing to have ONE character who can be whatever alt you want, whenever/wherever you want. Maybe a 5min cooldown with OOC, like mercs.