Guild Hall Teleports

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by sdeco, Nov 7, 2023.

1. sdeco Lorekeeper

When buying a teleport token, instead of having them hand it to you so you can hand it right back, could not the portal just auto set based on your purchase?
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Would be a pain if multiple people are getting ready to purchase to different locations and change it in rapid succession.
  3. Randomized Augur

This. It's so it doesn't get changed between the time you purchase the port and step into the portal.
  4. FranktheBank Augur

Ya... those are fake issues. Someone can still currently change the portal before you run over there. The GHall teleport is so clunky to use, it absolutely should be less clicks to set the portal.
    Fenthen likes this.
  5. Warpeace Augur

Different location, same location this already happens, since you can't read other people's minds. When handing an item into an NPC you cannot see someone else interacting with it. Now if they can lock the NPC to the player handing in the portal stone and give a message, they are busy atm, that would be something else.

It's like watching people go crazy planting guild banners for the raid some days.
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

It's fine as is.

A number of times I've purchased to change the guild portal to the guild banner as someone hands one in.

The way it is now I can keep mine till the next raid. Under the suggested system it would use it.

There is also items used for wizzy port spells. I have a few of each still which I hand-in when I want to go to sky.....no buff strip from guild portal
    Aanuvane and Waring_McMarrin like this.
  7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Sure, but the current system puts a bit of a buffer between the purchase and changing of the portal to make a less likely. And it lets people stock up on them so they don't need to buy them every time.
    Nennius likes this.
  8. Monkeychunks Augur

So how would it work with all those portal stones I have in my inventory already from when I bought the wrong ones?
    Nennius and Waring_McMarrin like this.
  9. Waring_McMarrin Augur

If anything it would be nice to add a right click ability to have the portal item transport you to the zone without having to change the portal. Maybe they could even make it a transformable item to also ack as a group port.
    Monkeychunks likes this.
  10. DeadRagarr Augur

Lets be honest. Its not to "avoid abuse" of swapping teleports, but was a just way to implement the system. Yeah would be better w/o hand in.

As far as single teleport. Boxers would probably hate that as you would have to manually go into vendor for each client, and in a game with mostly boxers its prolly not a great solution.
  11. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And the single teleport would be just a new option to allow someone to port to a zone without having to go through the trouble of changing the guild portal location. Great for raid nights when it needs to be set to the guild banner and people who are not raiding want to go to other places.

Honestly I see nothing but trouble from the guild portal location being changed multiple times in a second as different people purchase a portal stone. There is nothing wrong with having to hand them in.
  12. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

How about adding a second NPC, "Introvert Teleportation Assistant" (ITA), who wants the transaction over as quickly as possible so you just buy the portal crystal and never actually receive it, instead they just change the portal to match the destination of the crystal you bought.

So it become optional for guilds to decide whether to place an ITA in their Neighborhood Guild Hall. So those that want to reduce the steps can place the ITA and those that don't can just not place an ITA.

Those who want to buy and carry portal crystals and use them can still buy and give them to the regular Teleportation Assistant.
    Nennius likes this.
  13. Soulbanshee Augur

We no longer have to pay for res, why not eliminate paying for port stones?

I'm trying to think of if theres an existing system to hook into to make it feasable.

Theres way too many zones to do like the Magus and list out in keywords.

If it were something like the quest selection window with just the list of zones and Accept, but I can see that workflow being slower than running into the port and clicking yes on the popup. Which leads me to think of if there were a way to flag "favorites" in the window to show at the top then that way it may be just as fast to port back to guild banner.
  14. Randomized Augur

May as well turn the tokens into personal teleportation devices at this point then
  15. Windance Augur

Right now, you can have people change the guild portal location multiple times a second by turning in portal stones.

The request to do away with "yet another set of clicks" is a good one.

Using your logic...

There was nothing wrong with having to use the "bird bath" to change out augs.
    There was nothing wrong with having to do trade skills the old way, putting all the items into a container.
    There was nothing wrong with having to loot corpses instead of using advloot.
  16. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Yes, but that doesn't mean that it should be changed so that buying a port stone changes the portal. It is fine the way it is.
  17. Lianeb Augur

I would like an NPC in the Guild hall that catalogs all the paintings, items and things that port somewhere and gives me an option to go one of them or to set the guild portal to it.
    "where is the froglok head in a jar"
    "it's down by the luclin painting on the firpelace mantle"
    "thanks"
    Fenthen, adetia, Swiss and 3 others like this.
  18. Swiss Augur

Or just have it be a list in the real estate window(or elsewhere) that you can select and use to port.
    Fenthen likes this.
  19. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I have a port room. Used to use the <real estate - items> window to find them but that only tells you the name of the item not where it ports to and the name could be banner or painting etc.

So I placed them alphabetically based on where they port to. Used the big center room and have them along the walls. Also edited my map to show the ports but that does not really help the other guild members.
  20. Windance Augur

Tell me you have OCD with out telling me you have OCD?