30th anniversary wishlist

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by instagate, Nov 4, 2023.

1. uberkingkong Augur

Tons played OMM back when it was released. Tons also did dains and boomerang brawl.
  2. Monkeychunks Augur

Tons played every expansion when it was released. Tons also did other quests over and over (see Door in NOS)

Whoever Tons is, I have never met him.:D (joke)

Its nice they kept some old stuff in the game like LDON and OOM's for you to reminisce over and still play around with but I know there are TONS of players who do not want those reinvented.

I was #1 on my server for LDON's but I hated OOM's and hate Shrouds.

So we now have about 4 people posting against your suggestion and 1 for it.
    Mossaa likes this.
  3. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

I dont know when ldon was current it was the best expansion to get groups. put up lfg and you got something within 5 minutes. I still do ldons #1 by a wide margin and my ranger is #1% by a huge margin. But im on fv so i can sell the vendor stuff.
  4. Nennius Curmudgeon

Even if you had met him I doubt you would recognize him any more. He keeps on growing (darn iron rations) and he has gone from being a short ton to a metric ton and if the trend continues will be an imperial ton wayyy too soon. Lesson being, be careful who feed and how much you feed them.

Next week, I will discuss the impending growth of halflings and it's seriously deleterious effect on the Norrathian environment. After all, the bigger they get the bigger the pot needed to end their miserable lives.
  5. Barton The Mischievous

Pffft, Thorpe that pot.
    Need one big enough for Ogres.
  6. Nennius Curmudgeon

Supply chain issues. :(
    Barton likes this.
  7. Gaylon New Member

Surprises! I would like to see those in charge have the guts to shut the book, put it in a box and think outside the box. Be creative. Doing the same ole same ole just in a different zone or for a different level is not creativity. Surprise us from time to time.

Double XP Wednesday in the middle of August. A rare and unique augment drops, but for one (unannounced) day only. Don't put it on the calendar. Put the calendar away.

I know, that group will come in to complain that they would have taken the day off from work if they had of known 6 months in advance and now their life is no longer worth living. BLAH... BLAH... BLAH...

Folk are going to complain no matter what. From time to time, take the backroads and put that roadmap away. Do something different. Something creative.
  8. Spacemonkey555 Augur

That inevitably leads to corruption, because (shocker) devs and other employees know players. With a one day only window you also have people who literally play all day and don't get what they want before it's gone, which leads to people angry at the situation. You also have people who decide they'll get it tomorrow because they have no idea it's one day only. It's just got far more negatives than positives for a rational business owner, which is why they don't do it that way.
    Rijacki likes this.
  9. Gaylon New Member

LMAO! A rational business owner would try to meet the wants, needs and desires of their customers. A rational business owner would seek out devs and other employees who violated policy and punish said "cheaters". :confused:
  10. Spacemonkey555 Augur

Good news guys, we made 9 customers quit for every one we made happy, but boy did we make that 10% happy! Also, we're firing 3 of our top devs today, we'll never be able to replace them but they talked to friends over the phone (which we had tapped somehow because we're like the NSA apparently), also we banned 400 customers for cheating (again, I guess we had their phones tapped).
    Rijacki likes this.
  11. uberkingkong Augur

Tons as in everyone. Mid game, entry game, end game players. Tons of them.

Shrouds, Dains, OMM, they kept the returning/newplayers scene alive.
    LFG just for dains if something interesting sure.

Today.
    Your quests/missions only. End game player benefits, entry mid game, they can't do that stuff.
    Majority gets to play it because the real majority quit due to ongoing end gamers only module.

Quests/Missions only the people who keep up benefit. OMM, Dains, Shrouds everyone benefits. Simple concept.
  12. Gaylon New Member

Don't worry! We'll keep everything the same. Don't want to try anything new. Don't want to ruffle the feathers of birds who are too scared to fly. Everything will stay just as it is. Every spring, we'll start new servers for those who want to relive the boredom of the past 25 years. Every summer, we'll combine servers because of low population.

If some EQ players were in charge, we'd all still be in Mesopotamia. Too afraid to climb the mountains to see what is on the other side. Too lazy to cross the sea and discover new lands. Too set in their ways to cross the valley and explore the plains on the other side. No change is the best change.
  13. Spacemonkey555 Augur

False dichotomy fallacy, don't have to to inflict crappy changes in the name of progress. Devs are looking for positive changes the majority of paying customers will like, rage inducing gimmicks are not the only option.
    Rijacki likes this.
  14. Gaylon New Member

"Devs are looking for positive changes..."

So, you mean in future expansions, we can look forward to awesome zones like The Overthere Part 3, The Great Divide 3.0, Maiden's 3rd Eye, etc. AWESOME! I love CHANGES. Especially, positive CHANGES. I repeat... the best change is no change.
  15. uberkingkong Augur

Shrouds benefit everyone, content for everyone.
    You getting new content why you crying.

Only difference is you can't steamroll with your raid gear.
    And casuals, chump change 160k HME lvl 125s they can do shroud MM, 30th anniversary stuff because its shrouds. They don't have spend a year learning the game at end game.
    Pretty sad when you gotta tell someone who is max level, go learn the game.
    It's not learn anything its timesinks. Go do your timesinks everyone did so you should do it too.

Hence 49/140.
    You talking about people leaving, games already 49/140 its not like its in top 10 top 20.

fyi,
    during dains, OMM, boomerang brawl. game was in top 10 top 20.

UF like expansions, UF like ideas. 100% end game only. TBL challenge/gear for T1 casuals ongoing way.
    I haven't been tracking for long, but gonna assume this game went down down, top 30 top 40, now its in top 50 of 140. The top 10 top 20 control a lot of the playerbase everyone trailing behind them, they lacking a lot of players compared to them.

Key component, I'd say is progressing.
    At 106+ are you progressing, what is considered progressing. Those are questions.
    overseer is that really progressing progression like how you do in other games, what people recognize/expect?
    Can't do stuff at level, near level.

49/140.
    Quest/Missions they've been doing that.
    Got them to 49/140.

They have people marketing the game for them, 100s of thousands of views, people try.
    Lack of entry lack of catchup, lack of newplayer friendly, and lack of other players.
    Its model that one said.
    someone tries, they quit, another person tries say a day later, they quit. They don't stick around and eventually see each other.

WoW has done something about. EQ though. Relying on expansion from 2006. 17 years ago expansion.
    Its decent, but the level cap has increased a lot and times have changed as well. It's a bit outdated even though its good. It's good for 2013 era. It's 2023 now. Soon to be 2024.
    Needs some tweaks, needs to be relooked at.

Shrouds again, everyone benfits, so don't wanna hear none of this 9 people will quit. Its new content for them too, why you crying. whining. Everyone can enjoy so people start crying, thats silly. Crying because 100% end gamers don't get excluse end game content. Catchup casuals enjoying too, crying over that, thats silly.

Also, wanna talk about things that hurt the game.
    Like GoD.
    That was long long long time ago, GoD is over and done with, if your pointing fingers at GoD expansion thats silly. game was in top 5 even with GoD. People steamroll over GoD today, GoD has nothing to do with why EQ is 49/140 today.

FFXIV they recovered.
    EQ its just downhill for lil bit, just a tiny downhill, small recovery in TSS/TBS/SoF/SoD, then downhill.
    It's not like in ToV/CoV that EQ went to the top 20. Current players may have really enjoyed it, but did it do anything overall competition wise with other MMORPGs, did EQ improve a good amount? Not really. I'm not oogling over ToV/CoV neither ToL/NoS.
    Last expansion I liked is probably RoF.
    Weak conned mobs. blightshells, anyone can destroy them its like the farm in dsh. It's a catchup content in disguise.
    https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=41409
    wow look at that loot table.
    Weak conned mob dropping this loot? shoot. This is how other MMORPGs are like. Not stress so hard and be able to make progress as long as you keep at it. Thats why DSH farms was fun, killing worgs in LP was fun. make sure you grab the quest for progress.
  16. Randomized Augur

Monster Missions =/= Shrouds.

[quote="uberkingkong, post: 4258150, member: 5128"
    fyi,
    during dains, OMM, boomerang brawl. game was in top 10 top 20.
    [/quote]

This was simply from a thing called "the times".

OMM is active on TLPs...why is EQ not back into the top 10? Hmm?
  17. Mossaa Augur

Ubersome can just go play OMM if he wants. If I see any kind of monster missions or its like. I play it one time if it gives achievement and zero times if not. I did never play OMM as I hate monster missions. I want to play my mage as I like to play my mage not some random monster in a mission.
  18. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

HA > MM
  19. Tuco Augur

My wishlist for every anniversary is a refactored HH system.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...core-heritage-zone.275721/page-2#post-4036206
    • Streamline the HH process so you can produce them cheaply. There's no need for new spell/gear drops, just re-use whatever you used in the most recent expansion. I don't care if I'm murdering a butterfly that just so happens to have the same stats and abilities as an orc in current year expansion. Easier said than done I'm sure.
    • Create ~6 of these a year exploring some of the least used or most nostalgic zones.
    • Create a new hunter achievement for each HH zone.
    • Create a new type 7/8 aug that starts out OK, but improves based on how many new HH hunter achievements you get, ending up as being much better than the dozen type 7/8 augs that get kicked out each expansion.
    • If you want to maximize mid-year player retention, make them each only accessible for only one month each year.
    • Don't let them have miserable spawn rates + easy mobs. HH Seb was a bit annoying because it could only feed a few solid groups.
    • Make a few of the mobs require a solid group to take on to motivate players to socialize.
    I don't know how common my situation is, but a HH Karnor's Castle (or whatever) that gives me a bunch of garbage gear I don't need isn't a compelling reason to re-subscribe. An evolving augment would be perfect motivation, combined with exploring all the crazy zones I've not been to in a long time or didn't explore that thoroughly yet.

http://www.eqmaps.info/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/World-2019-04-17-GMM.png
  20. uberkingkong Augur

You'd think so.
    However,
    115 150k HME
    115 195k HME
    115 295k HME
    115 415k HME

You do HA, its scaled, but it expects you to have 300k HME.

Thats the issue, you folks just don't get. You think everyone can do it, wrong.

Shrouds, MM.
    Benefits everyone.
    That 150k HME, they can do it just as fine as the person with 415k HME. Both enjoy the content.

Rather than 415k HME doing HA realitively with ease. Meanwhile 150k HME, its too hard.

Hard as in, I haven't spent years to get caught up stat wise. AA wise, etc.

This game is not hard challenging wise.
    Its hard being under stat wise and doing stuff.

Returners don't want to spend years getting caught up statwise.

Shrouds/MM like dains/OMM, they give good gear. So you can do the real stuff and not be 140k HME 115, 190k HME 125. Buffed.

Thats why Dains, OMM were popular when they were released and there was a lot of people LFG lot of stuff going on.
    Game was not expansions are 100% end game only.
    GoD? not 100% end game only, PoR, SoF, not 100% end game only.
    After UF, every expansion 100% end game only.
    High expectations.
    140k HME 115 vs 415k HME 115, should be 300k HME to do stuff, no wonder why people struggle, they didn't spend a whole year before moving into the next level range like when ToV was launched like when RoS was launched.

WoW did something, EQ verticle scale and, newplayers/catchup just do stuff 16+ zones go do them, spend whole years in them. Even when you get to max level 115 120, you still aint ready. Ask for handouts. Let people know your undergeared.

EQ doesn't do squat for verticle scale and thinking about long term impacts, they just narrow minded, whats next.
    Never, "how we doing?"

EQ is waterfall, lets do this 100% end game. did we make profits? yes?
    do again.

never how we doing, we are 49/140, why? how come?
    EQ waterfall, 100% end game. AT end of year, did we make profits yes or no. we did? continue. Not AGILE. Lack of understanding of the MMORPG community as whole, too narrow minded.

WoW level cap is 70, that game must be slow at leveling.
    Wrong, they already got to 120 long time ago, they squashed levels. They do something about it. They take the time to say, how we doing.
    WoW took time to look at catchup/newplayers struggles and what, what we can we do about it.

EQ, did we make profits yes. Our method must be good then. Continue continuing the UF/TBL expansion like expansions.